Name
Password Register
Latest Journal update: Oct 21, 2017

Go Back   Hamumu Forum > Games > Mafia & Forum Games

Old 10-18-2008, 01:57 PM   #41
CheeseLord
No One Is Perfect

Default Re: Mafia Game A15: Honor Among Thieves Mafia

And that would be a lynch. The town, having had a week's sleep, were easily able to identify Mr.Onion as evil. They quickly surrounded him, and he was lynched.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Onion's Role PM
You are Murphy. I'm sure by now you know the role, but for the benefit of the people who read this when you die, I'll explain it anyway. If you've heard of Murphy's Law, you're that Murphy. You are the god of luck. You are also, of course, evil. This means that each night, you are able to give one person such terrible luck that no action can be performed. You and CheeseLord, your partner in crime, win when you make up at least 50% of the population.
Having successfully caught a mafia, the town decided it would be in their best interest to get some more sleep. It is now NIGHT 3. Send PMs and all that.

Without loss of generality, assume I am a squirrel.

I'm not an actor, I just play one on TV.

Last edited by CheeseLord; 10-18-2008 at 01:58 PM.
CheeseLord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 02:18 PM   #42
CheeseLord
No One Is Perfect

You wake up once again to find a dead body on the ground. Shockingly, it was blackmyth. A piece of paper was found next to the body saying:
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackmyth's Role PM
You are Minerva. You are the goddess of water. Due to the miraculous healing powers of water, you are able to heal someone each night. That won't do much if they aren't hurt, of course, but it has it's uses. You are a doctor. You win when all of the mafia are dead.
So yes, back to lynching each other.

Players alive:
Coolguy
Roland
Sillyman

Others:
blackmyth
drgamer
Mr.Onion
regeneratorizer

Last edited by CheeseLord; 10-19-2008 at 02:19 PM.
Old 10-19-2008, 03:19 PM   #43
Coolguy
Couch Potato

Alright, it's obviously Sillyman.

Last night, I inspected Roland. He didn't leave his house. That means that, since both of you inspected good, one of you is a Godfather.

And then, because Blackmyth has just been proven to be a townie, he wasn't lying when he said Roland was protected on Night 1, when the mafia didn't successfully kill anybody. This means Roland probably successfully avoided a nightkill. Mafia don't try to kill themselves.

And then, yesterday, Roland was (correctly!) urging us to vote Mr Onion, and calling Sillyman suspicious as well. Meanwhile, Sillyman had been trying to vote off Blackmyth, our doctor, and in the same post where Sillyman had voted, he said that one of the reasons Blackmyth was suspicious was that Blackmyth was trying to cast suspicion on Mr Onion.

I think that makes it pretty clear. VOTE: Sillyman
Old 10-19-2008, 10:40 PM   #44
Roland
Lynched Day 3

It would be strange if there was no investigative role in this game (no counterclaim to CG), so VOTE: Sillyman.
Old 10-19-2008, 11:39 PM   #45
Sillyman
Does not exist. Fnord.

Congratulations, you win.
Sillyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 12:45 PM   #46
CheeseLord
No One Is Perfect

The remaining two townies gathered around Sillyman. Because I've run out of creative plot devices, here's his role PM:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sillyman's Role PM
You are Mr. S. You are, in fact, the devil. You also happen to be an excellent businessman, and you have a large number of stooges who would be perfect scapegoats should anyone try to blame something on you. You are the mafia godfather, and your partner in crime is Mr.Onion. You win when the mafia makes up at least 50% of the population.
Congratulations to the town for winning. I'd say something about the triumph of good over evil here, but I honestly wouldn't believe it. The "heroes" couldn't really be considered "good" by any "stretch" of the "imagination". Here are the other PMs:

Coolguy:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolguy's Role PM
You are Jessica. However, you are better known by your codename, Agent Orange. You are a secret agent, working against the government. Your skills have been honed to the point that you can follow anyone traveling from Point A to Point B. Presumably, you can also recognize Point B when you get there, too. You also happen to be the goddess of fire, but due to a recent argument with your sister, you are completely unable to use this ability. You win when all of the mafia are dead.
Roland:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roland's Role PM
You are Pierre. You are a mime. I apologize. For the purposes of this game, it will be assumed that everything you say is actually written on a sign, and you are showing it to everyone. If a tree falls in the forest, and no one is around to hear it, and it hits a mime, does anyone care? The obvious answer is no. If you die, the rest of the players will not notice. Other than that, you are a vanilla townie. You win when all of the mafia are dead.
So yes, discuss and all that. I have two questions for the players. Why does everyone assume I'm going to overcomplicate the game? And how hard can it possibly be to get an angry mob of citizens to kill a mime?

Old 10-20-2008, 01:03 PM   #47
Roland
Lynched Day 3

Agent Orange, lol.

I'm happy with how this went and how I played. Well done, y'all!

(we really do need bigger games, though)
Old 10-20-2008, 07:19 PM   #48
blackmyth
eats people.

Bah, go town!

Old 10-20-2008, 07:50 PM   #49
drgamer
Lynch: Drgamer

All I wanted to do was sell people some air...