Name
Password Register
Latest Journal update: Oct 21, 2017
Old 10-22-2008, 05:26 PM   #181
Ninja of Frozen Milk
... is proud to be a furry.

Send a message via MSN to Ninja of Frozen Milk
Default Re: Champions 2!

Oh wait nevermind, there is no way for connor to save himself, Its time to kill then!

Restes, alors je peux te tuer!

Last edited by Ninja of Frozen Milk; 10-22-2008 at 05:30 PM.
Ninja of Frozen Milk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 03:19 PM   #182
Coolguy
Couch Potato

Since it doesn't matter what Connor does, I'll end the round...

ROUND 30: ACTION (RESULTS):

Ninja of Frozen Milk held his grater up high, so it reflected immense amounts of solar power! He reflected a laser beam of death at Connor, and, like an ant under an hour glass, Connor was quickly transmogrified into a corpse. Connor's dead! All of the forest animals wept at Connor the Druid's death.

Ninja of Frozen Milk and Cheeselord gave each other high-fives.

"Say, Ninja of Frozen Milk" said Cheeselord "Can I have a nickel?"

"Why, with all of your nonexistent help, you certainly deserve a nickel! Here, let me find one!" Said the grater-master.

And then, while he was distracted, Cheeselord bashed him over the head with a beer bottle, and then rolled the KO'd grater into a sewer so Cheeselord's sewer-hobo friends could feast on him. Ninja of Frozen Milk has died!

Cheeselord stood upon the nine other corpses, and gave a speech about how the proletariat has risen and now hobos would take over all of civilization... and then he fell off the mound and broke his neck, and died too.

Then everybody was spontaneously revived.

EPILOGUE:

Cheeselord the Wanderer! (1st Place!) Cheeselord lived on to lead many communist revolutions in various countries, and established the countries of Vagrantia and Hobostan. His wanderings were eventually composed in the epic poem The Poverty by Hobomer.

Connor the Druid! (Tied for 2nd Place!) Connor the Druid successfully blew up New York, Chicago, London, and Los Angelos and replaced them all with forests. After that, he went to jail for the rest of his life. Before he was executed by jackelope, he swore that he would haunt Cheeselord as a nature spirit until the end of time.

Ninja of Frozen Milk the Grater! (Tied for 2nd Place!) The Ninja managed to become famous after the battle by selling grated frozen milk. He vowed to use his grating powers only for non-violence... except when he saw any hoboes. NoFM began the ''International Hobo-Killing League of Hobo-Killers''after that incident. He later died by accidentally grating himself.

Hammer Up the Crusher! (3rd Place!) After the battle, he went on to become a world famous whack-a-mole player. However, arcade managers didn't like him, because he kept destroying the machines. One day, all the arcade managers snuck up on him and trapped him inside one of their video games, where he was forced to collect brains and fight pumpkins for the rest of his existence. His will donated all of his remaining money to Ninja of Frozen Milk's anti-hobo club.

PlasmaCannonsRule the Chaosopher! (4th Place!) PCR, using his probability analysis powers, found that the empire was about to crumble and enter 30,000 years of dark ages unless he created a foundation to preserve science and be the building block of a new empire.

...unfortunately for the universe, he decided to spend all of his money on something else; He attempted to start an insanely complex chain reaction that would drive hobos to extinction. Fortunately for the hobos, PCR ran out of giant dominoes and never succeeded.

Hyperme the Rogue! (Tied for 5th Place!) Hyperme went on to steal lots of money from the government of Vagrantia; Unfortunately, they caught him in the end, and sentenced him to 10,000 years of drunkenness.

Julian the Terrorist! (Tied for 5th Place!) Julian abandoned most of his extremist ideas and instead made new ones against hobos, which he called ''The Great Satan''. He used his suicide bomb power against one about 18 minutes after being revived. His corpse was in too many pieces to be revived again.

SpaceManiac the Programmer! (Tied for 5th Place!) SpaceManiac tried to haXx0r hobo computers and destroy their stuff... but he never realized that hobos don't have computers, and that the real computers he was trashing belonged to the local policemen, who tracked him down, killed him, and sold his corpse in Mexico to Cheeselord (who made SpaceManiac into a nice rug).

Roland the Hamumian! (6th Place!) Roland attempted, via black magic rituals, to summon Yerfdogxotl, Elder God of Hamumu, so that He could smite all of the hobos and get final ultimate smackdown vengeance. However, he said one of the words wrong, and instead summoned Hobothulhu, who turned Roland into a hobo! ONOS! Hobo Roland was forced to wander the streets for the rest of his life while all of the other players in the game who became mad at hobos threw rocks at him.

Megadog the Electrician! (7th Place!) 3 seconds after being revived, Megadog was struck by lightning due to all the metal he was wearing and was instantly vapo-tized. Megadog was reincarnated as a robot slave in the distant future.

Class Balance Issues:

I think my main mistakes in this were:

1) Megadog's Hit-Everybody Power: This was a very bad idea, because it effectively meant that only the high-HP characters or self-healers could win from the start!!! Gah!! And if he managed to do his 2x-damage power, this would've been a lot worse. Fortunately, he died before that could happen.
2) Connor's Unkillability: I should've probably made the healing spells cost more mana, and made the offensive spell weaker and cheaper. Connor's crazy healing powers meant that he could just run around the map for 15 rounds (which he did!!!!) and stay alive just fine. I'm going to have to do something about that in future games- Maybe make it so that once there's only 50% of the original population, the map starts shrinking?
3) Cooldowns: I accidentally forgot to lengthen cooldowns and effects when I made each round count as 2 rounds (one action round and one phase round), so NoFM could effectively hide every other turn and do a huge attack, while normally long cooldowns for the Rogue and Electrician would become much shorter!
4) Chaosopher Chaining: I meant for the Butterfly Effect move (the super-move) to be very hard to chain, but it turned out that somebody was within 9 range a lot of the time! Gah! I should've made the range further (like 13 or something) so that it was truly rare to pull off, while making the weaker moves slightly more powerful so they weren't ignored.

Otherwise, I think the roles were mostly balanced... Although I really don't care about trying to figure out what would perfectly balance them because it's not like I'm going to start making these classes "official" or anything.

I think my favorite class was the Wanderer; He had a fun balance between defensive and offensive power. The Hamumian and the Chaosopher were cool, too.

Last edited by Coolguy; 10-23-2008 at 03:27 PM.
Coolguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 03:22 PM   #183
Ninja of Frozen Milk

You!!! Why! I knew I should have killed you while I had the chance

Grr... Master of manupulation... why I... Next time I'm I'm going with connor.
Old 10-24-2008, 10:43 AM   #184
Connor S.
RISE, MY MEAT PUPPETS!

You just couldnt listen to me... Meh. it was obvious he was going to backstabify you, but I enjoyed how it turned out. Delaying my death and running around the map for so long was hilariously funny, but at the very end, the deciding factor on who won was whether TNoFM fell for cheeselords plot or not.

He could easily have turned on cheeselord, killing him and stuff, well I kill HIM, and so the reverse could very well have happened.

All in all, I think the democracy was a deciding factor in the game. Perhaps you should do something to prevent people from teaming up, like not allowing them to post at all.

{Note: Im still away, Ive just been able to get wireless internet access in the hotel Im staying in for a couple of hours, so Im checking up on hamumu}

Last edited by Connor S.; 10-24-2008 at 10:43 AM. Reason: :whistle:
Connor S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 11:59 AM   #185
Ninja of Frozen Milk

Champions 3 Coolguy?

Last edited by Ninja of Frozen Milk; 10-24-2008 at 12:00 PM.
Ninja of Frozen Milk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 02:44 PM   #186
Coolguy
Couch Potato

There already is a Champions 3...

And Connor, I probably would've teamed up with Cheeselord as well against you. (Although I'd have dual-wielded in that fateful last round where CL was conveniently in range) Alliances are not an issue, in my opinion- This event has proven how alliances aren't very helpful because somebody can backstab somebody else at any time.
Old 10-25-2008, 10:35 AM   #187
Ninja of Frozen Milk

Now that I think about it, I should have done that too.
Old 10-25-2008, 12:48 PM   #188
Hammer Up!
Guy That Throws Hammers

I'm stuck on SWC!

I liked my ending...
Old 10-26-2008, 09:34 AM   #189
Ninja of Frozen Milk

So... When does C3 start?