Name
Password Register
Latest Journal update: Oct 22, 2017

Go Back   Hamumu Forum > General > General Blabber

Old 11-28-2008, 08:24 PM   #1
fourwind
Lord of Blobs

Default Fourwind, The game developer

Alright...Now...Im a strange kinda person.
I have THOUSANDS of ideas floating around for games, but i cant make any of them a reality... And after playing spispopd and reading jamuls journal...Ive decided.

I am going to become a game maker if its the last thing i do. I will release at least one game before i die. That shall be my plan. I will not be forfilled in the after life if i can not create a game! So... in about two years i hope to take game making classes in highshool. HOPEFULLY ill go to one where they offer them. And remember, if you ever see a game called Blobs, on the wii or pc, Think for a second that this...
"Fourwind, made a game"

So....im off to be making games. Im going to fill ALL of my free time with makeing games (And writing storys and making crafts, but thats not as important)

I DONT CARE HOW LONG IT TAKES. I WILL LEARN. I WILL BECOME A GAME DEVELOPER SOON! So..Hamumu...I bid you... Adue. Until i get a really good game going, i may not be on very much.

And by the way jamul... this is going to be a terible time. You have to find a new engine. And also jamul, if you ever make a 3d game...

A third person game with boupha would be nice.

fourwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 08:39 PM   #2
varkarrus
Banned

Default Re: Fourwind, The game developer

Now would be a bad time to announce the cancellation of Castlemania for reasons beyond my control. (Involving a faulty USB key and a ton of lag) Don't worry, I will make up for it by making a Legend of Zelda type game.
varkarrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 10:28 PM   #3
sonicchaos1993
Chaos sold separately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourwind View Post
Alright...Now...Im a strange kinda person.
I have THOUSANDS of ideas floating around for games, but i cant make any of them a reality... And after playing spispopd and reading jamuls journal...Ive decided.

I am going to become a game maker if its the last thing i do. I will release at least one game before i die. That shall be my plan. I will not be forfilled in the after life if i can not create a game! So... in about two years i hope to take game making classes in highshool. HOPEFULLY ill go to one where they offer them. And remember, if you ever see a game called Blobs, on the wii or pc, Think for a second that this...
"Fourwind, made a game"

So....im off to be making games. Im going to fill ALL of my free time with makeing games (And writing storys and making crafts, but thats not as important)

I DONT CARE HOW LONG IT TAKES. I WILL LEARN. I WILL BECOME A GAME DEVELOPER SOON! So..Hamumu...I bid you... Adue. Until i get a really good game going, i may not be on very much.

And by the way jamul... this is going to be a terible time. You have to find a new engine. And also jamul, if you ever make a 3d game...

A third person game with boupha would be nice.
I think that alot of high schools offer Visual Basic courses.

AGLA FL15 Pro Circuit Champion - Tank for Hybrid Theory (AGLA) - Captain/Hybrid for Zero Logic (GGL)
sonicchaos1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 04:45 AM   #4
AtkinsSJ
Legs sold separately.

Visual Basic is pretty icky. Using it at school is what makes me use
PHP Code:
if ( $blah 
in my PHP code, creating enormous security holes. For instance, for ages my site never checked the login password. When I fixed it, I could no longer get in. XD
Old 11-29-2008, 01:01 PM   #5
Wesley
Walks on Lava, Drowns in Water

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicchaos1993 View Post
Sigh... Yep. I'm in one right now. I hope to be a video game designer someday, but I'm not sure if knowing Visual Basic will help... (I really doubt it will) However, there are more complex and harder classes higher up the ladder, which require knowledge of Visual Basic, so I guess it's more of a stepping stone.
20:54:02 [Moltanem2000] Socrates was mortal, cats are mortal, thus socrates is a cat
20:54:12 [SpaceManiac] What sort of game would you want to play that has "Health and Welfare" as its topic
20:54:28 [Redbone] AN FPS PLS
Wesley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 12:56 PM   #6
SpaceManiac
Veteran Programmer

Visual Basic is annoying. I use C++.
SpaceManiac is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 01:00 PM   #7
Mr.Onion
Evil, random-voting vegetable

Location: Down at the shore where there's no-one vacationing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceManiac View Post
Visual Basic is annoying. I use C++.
C++ is annoying. I use Python or C#.
Old 11-30-2008, 01:46 PM   #8
bobinator1992
Defeater of Idiocy

Send a message via ICQ to bobinator1992 Send a message via AIM to bobinator1992 Send a message via MSN to bobinator1992 Send a message via Yahoo to bobinator1992

I've heard you can do a lot of awesome things with Game Maker. Of course, I'm not much of a programmer, so I wouldn't know.
But, from what I heard, it's an incredibly powerful engine, capable of using several engines in a single project, and even able to use 3D.

Last edited by bobinator1992; 11-30-2008 at 01:47 PM.
bobinator1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 01:53 PM   #9
SpiderPumpkin
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobinator1992 View Post
I've heard you can do a lot of awesome things with Game Maker. Of course, I'm not much of a programmer, so I wouldn't know.
But, from what I heard, it's an incredibly powerful engine, capable of using several engines in a single project, and even able to use 3D.
Multimedia Fusion 2 is better in virtually every respect, though %D Knytt Stories, Noitu Love and Cactus Bruce and the Corporate Monkeys were made with that (and so was my Sokobanish game :P).

Of course, a real programming language is much more versatile still (so I encourage anyone with enough patience to learn one), but if it has to be a game making tool, nothing beats Multimedia Fusion 2. (EDIT: Well, at least Game Maker doesn't.)

Last edited by SpiderPumpkin; 11-30-2008 at 01:54 PM.
SpiderPumpkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 03:20 PM   #10
AtkinsSJ
Legs sold separately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Onion View Post
C++ is annoying. I use Python or C#.
Ack! C# is an artificial, rubbish thing by Microsoft! Python is pretty groovy though.
Old 11-30-2008, 04:13 PM   #11
fourwind
Lord of Blobs

Anyway, yeah...my mouse double clicks INSALY so im not sure if that going to damper my learnign or something...I hope they have another game making explore. Last year i wasnt even in it and i got better than anyone on the program they used. Yay for learning through practice.

Last edited by Jamul; 11-30-2008 at 04:53 PM. Reason: garbage removal service
fourwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 04:23 PM   #12
sonicchaos1993
Chaos sold separately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobinator1992 View Post
It is pretty powerful, but you have to buy the pro version to use true 3D (i.e. FPS)

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicchaos1993

Sigh... Yep. I'm in one right now. I hope to be a video game designer someday, but I'm not sure if knowing Visual Basic will help... (I really doubt it will) However, there are more complex and harder classes higher up the ladder, which require knowledge of Visual Basic, so I guess it's more of a stepping stone.
VB is more of a stepping stone. It does help to understand more complex code languages and to understand how code in general works.

AGLA FL15 Pro Circuit Champion - Tank for Hybrid Theory (AGLA) - Captain/Hybrid for Zero Logic (GGL)
sonicchaos1993 is offline   Reply With Quote