Hamumu Software Hamumu Software Hamumu Software
Name
Password Register
Latest Journal update: Oct 19, 2017

Go Back   Hamumu Forum > Games > Mafia & Forum Games

Old 12-13-2008, 12:46 PM   #501
Coolguy
Couch Potato

Default Re: T&T Dungeon 3: The Secret Ninja Lair!

George is a biomancer... He can't BZZZT.
Old 12-13-2008, 10:44 PM   #502
Sillyman
Does not exist. Fnord.

Whoops. Fixed.
------END GEEK CODE BLOCK------
Blaaaah.
Sillyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 06:23 AM   #503
Coolguy
Couch Potato

I need to hear from Bobinator and Roland.
Old 12-18-2008, 04:11 PM   #504
bobinator1992
Defeater of Idiocy

Send a message via ICQ to bobinator1992 Send a message via AIM to bobinator1992 Send a message via MSN to bobinator1992 Send a message via Yahoo to bobinator1992

Adrian will pass a turn to gather energy, and Morty will summon a corpse.
Old 12-19-2008, 06:22 PM   #505
Roland
Lynched Day 3

One of my guys is dead, and my other Cold Cannon'd last turn.
Old 12-19-2008, 06:55 PM   #506
Coolguy
Couch Potato

Round 5:

Two of the lizards called upon the Geico spirits to rain down car insurance pamphlets upon Mortimer, Mortimer (again), the Biomancer, and the Cryomancer! A lizard ran up and bit Mortimer, finishing him off. The Necromancer and the Biomancer died!

And then the Hydromancer and his fish got vengeance!

The Hydromancer tapped into the power of the seventeen seas and unleashed a torrent of hydromantic death! A wave of water picked up two of the lizards and smacked them into the wall. The third lizard managed to swim throughout the flood and keep his head upon the choppy water, but then a huge fish lept from the magical water and swallowed the lizard in one bite. Lizards dead! Battle over!

You are all standing over Bowser's corpse. Bowser dropped a bunch of nice goodies, so you can steal them if you want, as soon as I mention them in my next post.

Everybody gets FIVE skill points, because it's now the endgame! You are standing next to a ladder leading up to the final level of the pagoda. It looks awfully spooky up there... Everybody is revived and healed to full, and everybody's energy and summons are gone (except Sillyman's pet robot).

This is your one and only chance to respec; That is, re-submit ALL of your skill points. So, everybody move around your points! You don't have to if you don't want to.

The Cryomancer has 15.
The Necromancer has 16.
The Biomancer has 16.
The Hydromancer has 18.
The Psychomancer has 16.
The Geomancer has 15.
The Electromancer has 16.
The Aeromancer has 15.

Warnings about the final boss, the Shadow Shogun, to keep in mind while respecing:

-The big warning! The boss has an Aura of Destruction which prevents all healing, summoning, and reviving! ONOS! Death is permanent! So, yeah, Biomancer, don't spend all your points on heals and revives, and Necromancer, don't spend all your points on summons. Shields will still regenerate over time, though, and Energy Up still gives the Electromancer energy. Hides will still work.
-The boss doesn't have summons, but he has multiple body parts, so hit-many-target attacks are still useful.
-The boss has all the effects of being a boss; So no mind controling, blocking, etc.
-The boss does not have armor, so you don't need to use piercing attacks.
-The boss has have the ability to use piercing attacks.
-The boss has the ability to hit many targets.
-The boss CANNOT move in Round 0, despite being the leader of ninjas.
-Ask more if you like; I won't reveal everything, but if it's something that should have been on this list, I'll mention it.

EDIT: And Necromancer's ''Ascend'' move works even though it's a summon; It's more of a transformation, though.

Last edited by Coolguy; 12-19-2008 at 07:39 PM.
Coolguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 07:36 PM   #507
Coolguy
Couch Potato

Remember! Epic items can be equipped by anybody, but you can only have one Epic item equipped at a time! Epic items cannot be carried in pockets.

Item Set One

Ultralead Amulet of the Golem (Epic Accessory) (A powerful dark-brown amulet of pure earth, forged from the stone of the core of the planet... and seems to divulge some of the power of the planet to you! The amulet shows a massive stone figure lifting a planet behind its back. Legends tell of these ancient amulets giving various elemental powers...) (Allows user to cast the spell Power of the Planet (-1) Heal 1 point for every point of armor. User has +1 Armor (+2 for Geomancers). User can wear another shield, but only if user can normally carry a shield.)

Planet Cracker (Epic Accessory) (A hammer constructed from a mysterious purple metal. It appears to be extremely heavy, judging from the ground sinking in and cracking wherever it is left, but it seems nearly weightless for the wielder... You've heard stories about a hammer like this, which could tear at the edges of reality itself through immense gravity powers, despite being light enough for a true hammer-wielder to throw...) (Geomancers deal +1 piercing damage with Burrow, Gravity Hammer, and Medusa's Gaze for every 3 armor points, rounded down to nearest whole number. Geomancers have +2 armor. Geomancers are hidden during round zero. Electromancers start with another energy point. Electromancer robots can wield a shield and an accessory. Electromancers get +2 shield points. Necromancer Ghost and Soul Hunter summons can move in the turn they're summoned. Poisons and curses last 1 turn longer. Necromancers automatically start with 2 free corpses on the field. Necromancer Skeletons don't decay and Embalm instead heals the Skeleton by 3.)

Cairn Stone (Heavy Epic Accessory) (Many centuries ago, a great geomancer moved deep into the planet in order to learn what lied at the center of the earth. When he returned, he had claimed to have found an underground forest of prehistoric plant and animal life. He even claimed that he had managed to create an artifact that could summon these creatures from the depths of the planet... Could this stone be it?) (Allows the user to have a Depthsaur pet. It is available at the beginning of each battle, but if it dies, it cannot be revived until the end of the battle. Depthsaur card coming when I don't feel lazy. Since Depthsaurs are pets, they can be brought into the final boss battle.)

Item Set Two
Yang Shield (Super Heavy Shield) (Take 2 less damage from attacks on odd rounds. All non-boss non-flying attackers are hit for 2 damage on even rounds and Round 0.)
Uranium Sword (Ultra-Toxic Accessory) (Any enemy who comes in contact with user, by being attacked by the user or by attacking the user, will be Irradiated for 3 damage/turn for 2 turns. Irradiation stacks with other kinds of damage-over-times, like poison or curse.)
Starmetal Chronoscope (Super High-Tech Accessory) (User can move in Round 0. User has ''Precognition'' specialty on even rounds and Round 0. Precognition does not work on bosses and piercing moves.)

Last edited by Coolguy; 12-19-2008 at 07:41 PM.
Old 12-19-2008, 07:52 PM   #508
bobinator1992
Defeater of Idiocy

Send a message via ICQ to bobinator1992 Send a message via AIM to bobinator1992 Send a message via MSN to bobinator1992 Send a message via Yahoo to bobinator1992

For the Necromancer:

- Put 3 points in Cryptonoite
- Put 4 points in Microbiology
- 4 points in Rotting
- Put 4 points in Postmortality

And I'm done speccing for the Necro.

------------------------------------

For the Geomancer:

- 3 points in Quaker
- 4 points in Rock and Roll
- 2 points in Armored
- 4 points in Go Drillbor
- 2 points in Gravitron

The Geo should get the Planet Cracker.

Last edited by bobinator1992; 12-19-2008 at 08:01 PM.
bobinator1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 06:48 PM   #509
Sillyman
Does not exist. Fnord.

No healing whatsoever? Not even from HEALTHY? Good grief that breaks my Biomancer... no real decision there for repeccing, all I can do is shovel points into Botany, which forces me to take "only" one utterly useless point. Seriously. Oh, and remember: Adept is half, Able is one, Master is all.

Interact: Magical Skill Point Remover Machine: Dave;
Learn: Dave: Electronics: 0: Cyborg Brain: Student;
Learn: Dave: Electronics: 0: Energizing: Master;
Learn: Dave: Electronics: 1: Lightning Ball: Master;
Learn: Dave: Electronics: 2: Thor's Wrath: Master;
Learn: Dave: Electronics: 2: Technological: Master;
Learn: Dave: Electronics: 3: Powerless: Able;
Memorize: Dave: Thor's Cannon: Slot 2 (Repair Kit)
Memorize: Dave: Blackout: Slot 4 (Rebuild)
Equip: Dave: Accessory<->Pocket (oh and donate the reviver... and the agumenter, separately.)
Interact: Magical Skill Point Remover Machine: George;
Learn: George: Botany: 0: Flower Power: Master;
Learn: George: Botany: 0: All Natural: ONE UTTERLY USELESS FORCED RANK;
Learn: George: Botany: 1: Gardening: Master;
Learn: George: Botany: 1: Immortality: Adept;
Learn: George: Botany: 2: Druidics: Master;
Memorize: George: Tree Form: Slot 4 (THE SHATTERED PIECES OF MY HOPES AND DREAMS... er... I mean Revive)
Blaaaah.

Last edited by Sillyman; 12-20-2008 at 07:04 PM.
Old 12-20-2008, 10:00 PM   #510
Chuck Norris
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Chuck Norris

what does T&T stand for?
Chuck Norris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 10:12 PM   #511
Coolguy
Couch Potato

Tunnels And Titans.

And Sillyman, I really don't think co-op games don't really need balancing between players on the same side. Seriously, back in the first boss battle, most players had no anti-air to hit the boss with! Some characters are better at certain kinds of battles. It's the same thing here, except that this boss can't be defeated by the annoying strategy of out-healing.

EDIT: Oops, and Sillyman, you can't reach Tier 3. It's supposed to be 20 as a limit, like the other skill trees. I just didn't want to re-upload a big image yet again for something so minor. Just put that one point somewhere else. This is same for the Psychomancer and Aeromancer, which have the same problem... and yeah, I'm sad that nobody reached Tier 3, but giving 5 more points for free is ridiculous.

Also, I should mention that the boss doesn't use energy anyways... And even if it did, bosses are immune to energy-stealing.

I just need to hear from CL and Roland.

Last edited by Coolguy; 12-20-2008 at 10:18 PM.
Old 12-20-2008, 11:05 PM   #512
Sillyman
Does not exist. Fnord.

Bah, give me a shield point then. Sheesh. Well there goes any hope of replacing those moves which were made utterly useless.
Blaaaah.
Old 01-21-2009, 03:27 PM   #513
bobinator1992
Defeater of Idiocy

Hey, Coolguy, you still alive out there? We've been waiting for more than a month!
Old 01-21-2009, 04:06 PM   #514
Coolguy
Couch Potato

I've been waiting on Roland... I guess I'll get on with it.

Roland's characters vanish in thin air! POW! Gone! For some reason, the boss gets a little weaker.

Last edited by Coolguy; 01-21-2009 at 04:07 PM.
Old 01-25-2009, 07:50 PM   #515
Coolguy
Couch Potato

And then there was a big explosion! BOOM! The pagoda was gone, along with everybody in it. D'oh, everybody died! But at least the ninjas are defeated and the dungeon is complete!

(Yeah, I ended it. It wasn't going anywhere and this has been lasting WAY TOO LONG. If this game is still going on and people are hosting, I'll probably add a rule about game length.)

Things That Didn't Work:
I think this game wasn't very good... It was great at the beginning, but it gradually slowed down as everybody lost interest. Here are some things that I think caused that:

Items:
Items were a cool idea! Unfortunately, they didn't really work; They just gave characters powers they normally shouldn't have, and people weren't very interested in them. They just added a bunch of time to the end of each battle.

In addition, they prevented people from being tactical because they'd have to look through all of those items on the list, so overcomplexity was a big problem. I definitely won't do items again!

Flying:
Flying didn't work either. I just couldn't get the balance right... Too many fliers, and the team had to protect their Aeromancer too much and the Aeromancer would pretty much be forced into the anti-air tree. Too few fliers, and the anti-air powers are useless. Aeromancers would be more interesting if they focused more on speed-type powers and hitting lots of targets.

Skills:
The skills were fun! Unfortunately, they delayed stuff too long after each battle. If there's a next time, I'll probably make a leveling system similar to PK's; Just pick an upgrade after every 2 or 3 battles, rather than invest a bunch of points after every individual battles.

Amount of Heroes and Players:
This didn't end well... I think that death became useless when players had multiple heroes. Death was a motivation to keep playing! If there were only 4 heroes, then strategy would be more important. 1 hero/player would be better.

Length:
The biggest mistake of all! This dungeon had even less battles than the Portal Dungeon, and less players. I thought that would make the game run faster, but I was surprised to later find that the game went much slower than the original! After looking through, I concluded that the reason for the huge length is that a lot of battles in Portal Mafia were extremely fast; Only a round or so. However, in this game, most of the battles were very long. Future games will have to only have around 4-5 battles, with exploration in between.

Healing:
Final gripe on my part; I think healing will be gone, or at least significantly reduced, in my future games. The only strategy used was to constantly heal/hide while the attackers slowly picked off the enemy. Strategy should be better than that!

So that's it. Hope you all had fun! Also, I'm too lazy to give treasures, since there doesn't seem to be enough interest. I'll take the treasure requirement off the hosting list, of course.

Last edited by Coolguy; 01-25-2009 at 07:56 PM.
Old 01-28-2009, 06:04 PM   #516
PurpleKoopa
Koopatactular!

Bah, another good game ended right before the final boss. Erm, what was the final boss going to be anyway? I think learning new moves and such should be kept simple, that would probably help...
Old 01-28-2009, 08:53 PM   #517
Coolguy
Couch Potato

The Shadow Shogun had escaped the Ninja Lair before it blew up; Will the heroic wizards ever find out what the Shadow Shogun really was? Find out in the next exciting episode!*
It was the Blurgalisk DrGamer fought in Portal Mafia!
* by ''next exciting episode'', I mean ''never''.

Last edited by Coolguy; 01-28-2009 at 08:54 PM.