Name
Password Register
Latest Journal update: Oct 22, 2017

Go Back   Hamumu Forum > General > General Blabber

Old 06-25-2009, 11:38 AM   #1
Jamul
Marshmallow Head
The Boss

Yerfdog New to Hamumu? Introduce yourself!

Hey everybody! If you're new, or just haven't done this yet, post an introduction here. Tell us about yourself, whatever information you feel like sharing. It's just a chance to get an idea of who everyone is.

I shall begin:
------------------------------------
I'm Mike Hommel and I run this joint. I live in Anza, California. I'm a vegetarian. If you need help with stuff, contact me! There are handy resources for doing that sort of thing all over the site. Or better yet, post in a forum or ask on chat, so other people can help you, and I can be lazy. I'll still help you in those places too.

I play World of Warcraft about 92 hours a day. If you want to join my WoW guild, please do! We are The Hamumu Clan, a Horde guild on Caelestrasz (that's Oceanic, which doesn't show up for EU players, unfortunately), and we just hang out and chat while we play. Add Cheezypoof to your friends list and you can catch me on there. I play 10 guys, so I'm not often on Cheezypoof, but he's officially my 'main', the one I'm trying to get achievements on. Other famous versions of me include Barokorcbama, Icanhasmagic, Nopulse, Dedmanwalkin, and Peopletipper. You can also just PM me so we can arrange a time we'll both be on to get you in the guild!

I also enjoy making games on occasion, long walks on the beach, and drawing and playing other video games and cooking and writing and reading and whatever.
--------------------

Please no posts in this thread other than introductions! If you have something to say about someone's intro, make a separate thread to discuss it.
Old 06-26-2009, 12:01 AM   #2
death
Banned

Default Re: New to Hamumu? Introduce yourself!

Hello, newcomers! I am death... well, that's my user name anyway, my REAL name is Isaac. I joined in 2005 (2006?) and have been a hamumu fan since I was 8 years old, now I am 17... now for a less fragmented intro
__________________________________________________ ______________

I was born in ohio, and lived near Clevland. My uncle was the one who introduced our family to hamumu, along with e-games. He game us an e-games CD (it had an eddie galaxy demo and spooky castle) along with the original dr.l. when I was 9, my family moved to california because my dad got a job there. Now, I live in simi valley, a valley that is, as it's name indicates, VERY windy. (simi means windy)

I play alot of video games, some computer games include defcon, darwinia, multiwinia, mugen, Spring (if you are curious, search for something like TA spring or something), and the occasional flash based game. I am a major fan of Kingdom Hearts games, Final Fantasies X and VII, the Ratchet and Clank games, most of the mario games, earthbound, super smash bros., the soul calibur games, *goes on for days* and no doubt about: HAMUMU GAMES!

Despite how much I type, I do NOT talk all that much in real life... what's that again? anyway, since this intro has kind of turned into a list of games I like, I'll just end it here.

also: I plan on being a game designer when I grow up.

Last edited by death; 06-26-2009 at 02:31 PM. Reason: more stuffs
death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 01:20 AM   #3
Blackduck
Original Kool Kat

Send a message via ICQ to Blackduck Send a message via AIM to Blackduck Send a message via MSN to Blackduck

Why hello there, I'm Blackduck, but my real name is Sebastien. I live in British-Columbia, Canada.

I've officially been a member of the Hamumu community since Oct 06, 2007. My birthday is Sep 26, 1994. These are not closely followed by coincidence... It's because I read the Terms of Agreement and such to sign up on the forums, and somewhere, it said that you had to be over 13 to be on the forums, so I waited patiently.

I must have first come to this site when I was ~10, after finding a disc with demos of games including Spooky Castle and such that I had forgotten about.

Anyways, with my spare time, I normally talk on Skype/Ventrilo a lot, I also create flash games, play chess and play video games. I play a lot of old school games, and my favorite Hamumu game has to be LoonyLand 2 by far.

I'll stop there, but if you wish to get to know me further, feel free to send me a PM.

Last edited by Blackduck; 06-26-2009 at 01:21 AM.
Blackduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 03:50 AM   #4
regeneratorizer
I thought I was special!

Heya! I'm Regeneratorizer, AKA Sean.

I am 18 years of age and a graduate of Horn Lake High. I just recently moved back in with my parents(After a bad breakup-thing, got kicked out. >.<) They live in sunny Horn Lake, MS. And by parents I mean my dad. My mom lives in Thibodaux, LA with my lil' brother. My two sisters(Younger and older) live by themselves in various parts of LA(New Orleans and some other town nobody knows.)

I go to Calvary Baptist Church, and play guitar every sunday night for youth worship, and every Wednesday night for.. Uh, whatever you call wednesday night service. I also play guitar for a man whom we will refer to as Gabriel. He is a 29 year old guitarist/bassist/awesome and powerful vocalist. We've been tossing around band names for a while, but haven't come up with anything functional. We use "What Lies Ahead" as a working title. Normally we just play at coffee shops and open mics, but we occasionally get paying gigs. We can usually be found in some part of Memphis, at an open mic or kareoke event. (Every Tuesday at Reidmeisters and Thursday at Neils!)

I am currently looking for full-time employement, as I cannot go to college next year(Mess-up on the schools part about my diploma - Have to wait till September to get my real one,) and I need the insurance money so I can finally drive my newly purchased '97 Isuzu Rodeo around and stop bumming rides from people. I still have no clue what I want my degree in, if I do decide to get one. I was thinking maybe teaching or engineering of some sort.

Ahm, That's it. I'm going to bed. -.-
Old 06-26-2009, 05:50 AM   #5
TyTBone
College Boi

Hey, there. I'm TyTBone, aka Tyler. I was born in Washington State in '88, then my parents moved to Maryland when I was one because my dad got a job at a publishing house. I lived in MD until last year, when I went down to TN to attend college. [Stayed there for roughly 2 three month periods, but am currently home for the summer.] I have two younger brothers, one of whom is the &quot;splitting&quot; image of me, we joke. We also built an attachment onto our house [which is nearly surrounded entirely by cow pasture] for my grandmother to live. I don't go for loving specific bands, but I'm a big fan of rock, classic rock, Christian rock - especially the songs that admit that life can be really hard [I find many worship songs to be generic]. I don't have much room to list all the movies I like [but believe me, I have standards], but I'm a fan of action mostly. Don't to a whole lot of reading, except CNN.com. I have emotional issues. :P Hamumu: I came to Hamumu in Jan. 2008 [imo], and irritated some people with my opinions. [Though fortunately they didn't hold grudges ... mostly] Ultimately I think I've become a more understanding person because of these things [and decided that, as a Christian, it's MUCH better to focus on vital / basic needs of people than political opinions], though I still swat flies and am a vegetarian just for health reasons. Although ultimately I believe that video games are a waste of time, this site has become the main stopping point on my online excursions [at least at home], and I want to give back to the indie. Supreme with Cheese has a huge, wonderful variety of levels, while LL2 has more of a storyline, specific missions, and stuff to collect. Both good games.

Last edited by TyTBone; 06-26-2009 at 05:51 AM.
TyTBone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 03:00 PM   #6
Wesley
Walks on Lava, Drowns in Water

Hi! I'm Wesley. I couldn't think of a good name when I joined, so I just put my first name. I'm generally quiet in person, but I'm actually rather sociable online, or at least that's what I think. :p I love video games, particularly ones with excellent storylines and deep characters. My favourite genres are strategy and horror. I also watch Anime frequently, my favourite being Higurashi no Naku Koro ni. (A murder mystery type thing.) I'm trying to learn Japanese, but I'm not that great at it. Still, I'll keep trying! I'm still in high school, but afterwards I'm going to college to learn to be a Laboratory Technician. Um... That's about it...
20:54:02 [Moltanem2000] Socrates was mortal, cats are mortal, thus socrates is a cat
20:54:12 [SpaceManiac] What sort of game would you want to play that has "Health and Welfare" as its topic
20:54:28 [Redbone] AN FPS PLS
Wesley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 03:36 PM   #7
SpaceManiac
Veteran Programmer

Hello all you people! I go by SpaceManiac around here and other places too, but my real name is Tad. I'm into video games and game development and absolutely love the games Hamumu makes. I spend a lot of times on the forum and chat here and can also be found at the website of the game development group of my friends and I, named after a made-up animal called the Platymuus. My favorite Hamumu games are Supreme with Cheese, Loonyland 2 CE, Costume Party, and Kid Mystic. I'm just going into high school and am looking forward to becoming an indie game developer in the future. I don't know exactly when or how I found Hamumu, but the first ever game I bought from it was Stockboy, when the games still came in fancy DVD cases. I'm not very organized in my writing, as you can probably tell.
SpaceManiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 04:31 PM   #8
Connor S.
RISE, MY MEAT PUPPETS!

Ièm Connor S. My name is Connor. Other than that, the only pertinent info you need to know about me is my OCD-ness and my stupid keyboard, which has for some reason gone into french formatting and which I canèt change back. Hense the ÈèÉéÇç¨etcetera replacing apostrphes and question marks.
Connor S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 05:57 PM   #9
Ninja of Frozen Milk
... is proud to be a furry.

Send a message via MSN to Ninja of Frozen Milk

Hello Current and future members of Hamumu. My nickname is Ninja of Frozen Milk, or NoFM for short, although If you wish, you can call me Dan. My name is Daniel Lampke. If you ever see me calling myself Yukigo or ゆきご, that is my secondary nickname.

Now for some listed stats.

Name: Daniel Lampke
Nickname: Ninja of Frozen Milk or NoFM
Nickname2: Yukigo Kurosaki or ゆきご.
Languages Spoken: English, French, Japanese (Er... kinda)
Interests: Mafia, Video Games, Animes (particuarlay Bleach and Death Note) Ice, Yugioh, Furries, Classic Rock
Nature: Gentle, Good Humored, Friendly, Eccentric (<--- To the 485th degree).
Favorite Type of Music: Classic Rock, Modern Rock with a classic sound, mild Grunge (Ex. Nirvana)
Theme Song: Cult of Personality by Living Color.
Twitter Name: YukigoKurosaki
Person most similar to on this site: Manga Chic.

I found hamumu at my daycare center back when I was 8 ish. Turns out putting a game on Egames is really good advertising because half the people I know on here found it that same way. Anyway, I found this really awesome game about this bald guy that threw hammers. Its name was Spooky Castle, so I decided to go to the website. I bought several of the games (Losing several of them on the old computer too. Sigh.) And in March of 2007 I joined the forums.

I will continue to add things as I think of them, or until I am no longer able to edit my post, in that case, I will Repost this post with updates.

If you ever want to talk to me I'd be more than happy to help.

Last edited by Ninja of Frozen Milk; 06-29-2009 at 10:22 AM. Reason: Update
Ninja of Frozen Milk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 10:04 PM   #10
Ufo-Man
Red is MAH color!

Hello, My Name Is Ufo-Man. My Real name is very unique, (1 of a kind) so, I wish to not say it in idea that my identity could be stolen. My main hobbies are The Computer, Yu-gi-oh, and... breathing and sleeping . I live In Southern California, 3 Hours away from Jamul's house (Yay!) Which Is that I know of, the closest place to Jamul himself. My Favorite Music is Indie Rock. Examples are Coldplay, The Killers, Modest Mouse, ect. and my favourite movie is Forrest Gump. I first found hamumu (unknowningly at the time) when I found an Egames 3 in 1 packet. 1 of them was The original Spooky Hollow game. When I first knowingly found out about hamumu was when I was looking for games on the computer and found Loonyland. I went to the website and I was hooked from there on. I finally registered in October 2007. I hope to meet you soon, if I have not already.

Ufo-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 12:37 AM   #11
Max
Just a FunLoving Turbo Penguin

Send a message via MSN to Max Send a message via Yahoo to Max

Hello, My name is Max, I couldn't think of a decent username either so I just used my first name.I am 14 years old and about to start 9th grade. My main interests are playing sports (football, basketball, cricket etc), reading novels, pwning video games and annoying everyone with my constant blabbering. I am a chatterbox in real life and I talk a lot online too. I don't listen to music much, and don't watch a lot of animes. I am more of an outdoorsy person. Clearly you can figure out that I have a very strange personality. The first time I found out about Hamumu was last year when one of my friends bought Dr.L. I really liked that game so I came here. But unfortunately due to my parents forbidding me to online shop, I have yet to get that game. Anyways, since then I've been coming to Hamumu regularly and I have a lot of fun here. That is all

Now you don't mess with perfection.
Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 07:32 AM   #12
Manga Chic
Here's a penny, buy a clue.

Hello, my username is Manga Chic, as you can see, but my real name is *a large force of angry, stampeding howler monkeys runs by and prevents you from hearing my real name* and I am *stampede runs by again, accompanied by a few elephants, and covers up the sound of my voice* years old, and I live in *a large portion of the ceiling crashes down, once again preventing you from hearing my answer*. I figured out what this site was a year ago, at least and LOVED it the first time I TRIED to play Spooky Castle (before I was afraid of losing and looking dumb But ya can't prevent me from looking stupid!). My sole interests are Hamumu (well, duh), drawing, writing, and listening to my iPod, preferably the Smashing Pumpkins. (someone laughs their butt off) IT'S NOT FUNNY!!
My personality is hard to explain, as it's according to how school is going. So far, I've been joyful, fun-loving, sobbing and full of poutiness, back to joyful, a little damaged inside but still sickly joyful, and (most recently) bitter, self-hating 23% of the time, and deadpan snarky. I therefore (as usual) blame my evil teachers and 20 seconds-lasting "friends". Not to say that's really who I am, as here I am more myself: Laughing and overreacting. Which rhymes. You can probably tell I'm weird by now.
My family actually came across Hamumu first, when they had Spooky Castle from E-games. Then we either had to get the fix the computer (erasing files) or get a new one.
Years later my brother came across it and my dad played it on his and mom's computer after we installed it again, and I watched but never played it. When I finally decided to, the following pretty much ensued:
Mom: HONEY, IT'S BEEN 48 HOURS, PUH-LEEZ GET OFF OF THAT COMPUTER!!
Me: Can't help it! My eyes are stuck to the screen and won't let go! CALL AN AMBULANCE!!!
Anyway, for newbies, go down to the games section and download Dr. Lunatic: Supreme with Cheese and entertain yourself for the rest of your life!!
Old 06-29-2009, 12:12 PM   #13
NeedBrains
Zany Zombie

Hello, I'm Needbrains, (which stands for Negitivity Ends, Everything Desirable Begins, Reality As Imagined Needs Saving). I've been on this site since December '07. You might have played one of my Supreme & Stockboy add-ons, like Evilopolis, and you've most certainly enjoyed them. You're welcome.

My actual name is Harry, my favourite musical genres ars HEAVY METAL and ROCK & ROLL. My favorite movies are slasher flicks. I'm from Canada. In the future I want to be a giraffe. That's all you need to know about me.

Last edited by NeedBrains; 06-29-2009 at 12:12 PM.
NeedBrains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 02:11 PM   #14
AtkinsSJ
Legs sold separately.

I'm AtkinsSJ, I've been here for over a quarter of my life now so posting in this thread feels mildly ridiculous, but meh.

So yeah, I'm mildly ridiculous, 18, and horribly nerdy. Sometimes I use big words. Mostly I use unfashionable ones. I program quite a lot, and only make nasty errors every 5 minutes. Um, yeah, I'm a bit rubbish at this sort of thing.

Oh, and I'm not a salmon.
Old 06-29-2009, 02:35 PM   #15
CheeseLord
No One Is Perfect

My name is Spike. Yes, really. You probably know a lot about me (for example, I have two ears), so I'll stick to the parts that aren't normal.

I have anosmia (no sense of smell). I have a scar on my finger which can (and consequently will) be blamed on bureaucracy. I'm writing a webcomic which I promise will be released to the public eventually. I've spent a year traveling the world, and I've been to more than twenty countries in my lifetime. Oh, and I'm 17. That more or less covers what you need to know.

Oh, and there's the cheese obsession. So yes, cheese is good.

Without loss of generality, assume I am a squirrel.

I'm not an actor, I just play one on TV.
CheeseLord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 03:56 PM   #16
sonicchaos1993
Chaos sold separately.

My name is Matthew, but everybody just calls me Matt. I'm 15 and will soon get my Driving Licence. My username is what I go by on practically everything I do online, with the exception of Runescape (where I am called jellyman1880). I enjoy the arts and am pretty good at writing, drawing, and playing the Trombone. I've been writing Sonic fanfiction on my deviantart page (where I am also SonicChaos1993) for a couple years now, and I will be posting an Oblivion fanfic sometime soon. I also run a webcomic, Nintendo Lakes, on my website (Again, SonicChaos1993). That's what the quote in my sig is from, if you're wondering. I also study various forms of psychokinesis, and am a somewhat skilled aerokinetic.

I'm an entreprenuer and computer game developer and run a computer game business called Creative Games Co. (Somebody took the Creative Games URL so I had to add Co at the end of the name) I enjoy playing video games such as: Supreme With Cheese, Loonyland 2, Costume Party, Oblivion, Sonic games, Halo games, Gears of War 1 & 2, God of War, Star Wars Battlefront 1 and 2, etc. I also enjoy playing mafia (though I did forget that I was in the current game when it started and was lynched day 1 ) and other forum games.

When I have time, I play Runescape, where I am known as jellyman1880 or jelly for short. I run a clan in the game and am a Lv40 mage. I also play online games on my iPod Touch: Reign of Swords (Sonicchaos Aquitani), Ninjas (Sonicchaos1993), and Aurora Feint: Arena Daemons (Sonicchaos1939).

On this site, I run the Hamumu Chess Tournament (HCT), Dumb Dare contests (DD), and the Amulet of Mana Forum RPG.

Oh, and I also type long posts.

AGLA FL15 Pro Circuit Champion - Tank for Hybrid Theory (AGLA) - Captain/Hybrid for Zero Logic (GGL)
sonicchaos1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 01:30 PM   #17
BunnyBot 5000
King of Robotic Bunnies

Hi. I'm BunnyBot 5000! I joined in November of 2007.

My real name is Ben, I'm 10 yrs. old, and live with two brothers who are also Hamumuians. There's SpaceManiac and Revolution. I'm really into writing and drawing. I draw my own comics, and am currently working on a story for my website, Platyator Fights.

I don't play any online multiplayer games, as I am underage, but I still enjoy everything game-wise I have. I mainly play LL2, SwC, ESIII: Morrowind, and Spore. I also enjoy the TrackMania series of games. I can't remember how I found out about Hamumu, but I can remember that Stockboy was the first Hamumu game I ever played and bought.
I'll get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!
Your safety is our number four concern.
BunnyBot 5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 12:24 PM   #18
Espio360
Puny Mortal

Hello dudes and dudettes! My name is Jordan, i've been browsing the forums for a very long time now, but never actually signed because i was a little bit shy. But now ive signed up, and im hoping to make some new friends!
Espio360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 01:26 PM   #19
pizza
Extra cheesy

Hi everybody. I'm pizza, or at least that's my nickname here. I used to be a lot more active but nowadays I just visit the Hamumu forums every now and then. I live in Finland, I'm 20 years old (21 in October), and I never give my real name on the internets. I've got a big family and I still live with my folks. I like to design and make games with Game Maker, and I occasionally program some stuff with Python, PHP, C++ and some other languages (did never learn anything thoroughly). When typing in English I often check up on some words and spellings and I double-check my posts so that they don't contain any embarrassing errors. Yeah, and I'm nerdy and unsocial.

I joined the forums in 2005 but I've been playing Hamumu games since, I don't know, 2000? Then, in 2004, I heard that Hamumu Software had released a massive game called Dr. Lunatic: Supreme with Cheese. That's when I went to their site and downloaded all the demos, and later bought some of the games.

I've been keeping busy with work lately but maybe I'll dig up Supreme some time and make some worlds again.
Old 07-02-2009, 03:13 PM   #20
seamonkey
spoon eater

Whats up fellow dumb people. I am the great seamokey. I enjoy catching things on fire cooking and woodworking. I joined at the date on the left, and have actually kept up with hamumu, yay. I'm not exactly new to hamumu but I figured why not.
seamonkey is offline   Reply With Quote