Name
Password Register
Latest Journal update: Oct 18, 2017

Go Back   Hamumu Forum > Games > Mafia & Forum Games

Old 07-16-2009, 05:15 PM   #441
Ninja of Frozen Milk
... is proud to be a furry.

Send a message via MSN to Ninja of Frozen Milk
Default Re: Mafia Game B18: 8-Bit Mafia!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gameboy View Post
The game wasn't that broken, there were a couple misunderstandings, and then everyone just assumed it was broken so they decided to break it themselves! (but I'm not naming names) The game was pretty broken, but at least it wasn't the host's fault.
*Cough* Me *Cough*
Old 07-16-2009, 05:26 PM   #442
gameboy
Dumb Person

Oh it started before you confessed that lilias was the last mafia. Unless you're talking about something before that, which I wouldn't remember because of how long it's been in this game since actual conversation. The reason I'm not naming names is because I don't know what they are.

There is one thing I remember and I have to know, why did you choose to kill me instead of HU when he was a proven cop?!

Imagine a better world, a world where I might actually be able to think of a decent signature... Oh well!
gameboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 07:20 PM   #443
sonicchaos1993
Chaos sold separately.

Quote:
The game wasn't that broken, there were a couple misunderstandings, and then everyone just assumed it was broken so they decided to break it themselves! (but I'm not naming names) The game was pretty broken, but at least it wasn't the host's fault.
I beg to differ- HSM made several hosting errors that helped the town. He also practically abandoned this game near the end, and was even "lurking" at one point. A HOST SHOULD NOT LURK!

AGLA FL15 Pro Circuit Champion - Tank for Hybrid Theory (AGLA) - Captain/Hybrid for Zero Logic (GGL)
sonicchaos1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 09:15 PM   #444
Max
Just a FunLoving Turbo Penguin

Send a message via MSN to Max Send a message via Yahoo to Max

I'll have to agree with gameboy on this one, the game wasn't broken. HSM didn't make any hosting errors, atleast not any that I noticed. But he shouldn't have lurked or abandoned the game.

Now you don't mess with perfection.
Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 01:47 AM   #445
hyperme
Not Evil, Just British

Cop + Doctor can be pretty broken. Work it out.
Old 07-17-2009, 04:08 PM   #446
gameboy
Dumb Person

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicchaos1993 View Post
I beg to differ- HSM made several hosting errors that helped the town. He also practically abandoned this game near the end, and was even "lurking" at one point. A HOST SHOULD NOT LURK!
Name 5! Also, when did he lurk?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyperme View Post
Cop + Doctor can be pretty broken. Work it out.
That is not broken! It's a strategy that just happened to work this time! Odds are not high of this strategy working because chances are, the town just doesn't believe him, the Mafia could also find and kill the doctor early in the game, but with the way things happened, it just happened to work this time.

Imagine a better world, a world where I might actually be able to think of a decent signature... Oh well!
Old 07-17-2009, 04:19 PM   #447
SpaceManiac
Veteran Programmer

There is absolutely nothing broken about having a cop and a doctor in the same game - it's almost always the case in Mafia, in fact.
SpaceManiac is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 11:43 PM   #448
sonicchaos1993
Chaos sold separately.

Quote:
Name 5! Also, when did he lurk?

That is not broken! It's a strategy that just happened to work this time! Odds are not high of this strategy working because chances are, the town just doesn't believe him, the Mafia could also find and kill the doctor early in the game, but with the way things happened, it just happened to work this time.
There was several hosting errors! I explained them in my post at game end.

HSM congradulatef the cop when he found a mafia. THIS SHOULD NEVER BE DONE! By doing so, the hast basically tells everybody that HU is the cop, and HU was not a confirmed cop at the time!

I suppose it wasn't technically "lurking" since he didn't do it purposely, but HSM would leave the game for many days at a time. This makes the game drag on.

AGLA FL15 Pro Circuit Champion - Tank for Hybrid Theory (AGLA) - Captain/Hybrid for Zero Logic (GGL)
Old 07-18-2009, 06:36 AM   #449
Redbone
She & her pronouns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer Up! View Post
Hello people.I really should start posting.And i'm going to roleclaim.I am the cop.Wanna see my inspections?Ok,here they are:

<snip>

But i am REALLY the cop!!!Doctor,keep protecting me!
:/ ..

EDIT: And he brought up true inspections, so he was proven cop.

Last edited by Redbone; 07-18-2009 at 06:37 AM.
Redbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 10:51 AM   #450
tylerseeg
Dumb Person

Even though Hammer Up really was the cop, we didnt know for sure at the time. At the time their was the posibility that he could have been lying to look inncent. I do think that he should have told somebody that he should have asked someone to replace him as host before leaving so that we would not have had to wait for him to get back.
Old 07-18-2009, 12:01 PM   #451
Hammered
Nailed It!

Two types of players can say they are a cop and provide perfect inspections to prove it
  1. A cop, knowledge obtained through nightly inspections
  2. A mafia team member, knowledge obtained by knowing who is on his team and who isn't
There is no easy way to tell for sure if a person who has claimed to be a cop is actually a cop or a lying mafia. The host backing up the cop claim is a serious case of flawed hosting, because it proves what no player can prove and gives the doctor the best possible target for his protections so that the inspections can go on and on.

If you add this serious mistake to the significant delays caused by the absence of the host for significant periods, the game was very seriously flawed and the host will be subjected to the three game setback, if he chooses to sign up to host again.

Last edited by Hammered; 07-18-2009 at 12:09 PM.
Hammered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 04:42 PM   #452
gameboy
Dumb Person

I looked though the posts and there was noone who denied that HU was a cop by then, there was also no proof that HSM was even talking to HU! However, there is one hosting flaw that I'd like to point out:

Quote:
Originally Posted by happystickman View Post
We dont need replacements, its just nice to have. Ok, ill send roles, and make the thread.
Quote:
Originally Posted by happystickman View Post
I would replace... But there are no replacements!
I think this speaks for itself.

Old 07-18-2009, 05:34 PM   #453
sonicchaos1993
Chaos sold separately.

Quote:
I looked though the posts and there was noone who denied that HU was a cop by then, there was also no proof that HSM was even talking to HU! However, there is one hosting flaw that I'd like to point out:

I think this speaks for itself.
Whether or not HU's cop-ness was doubted doesn't matter- no matter what, a host should not post anything that reveals another player's role. (with the obvious exception of death, of course)

Also, the only inspections HU had posted were of townies, so his cop-ness was not yet confirmed at the time.

Old 07-18-2009, 08:17 PM   #454
gameboy
Dumb Person

Yeah, but hyperme confessed that he was mafia after HU inspected him and HSM stated that that was the only reason he said that.

Old 07-19-2009, 02:23 AM   #455
hyperme
Not Evil, Just British

Host giving information is broken, end of. Even if the host is playing.
Old 07-19-2009, 09:28 AM   #456
gameboy
Dumb Person

In that case host playing would be broken.

Old 07-26-2009, 02:19 PM   #457
happystickman
Back From the Dead

I made mistakes, Fine, and didnt know what I was doing. It was my first game, I wont make any more. I lurked alot becuase whebn the game STARTED I hade nothing going on, but it dragged on for soooo loooong, that I started having stuff to do. Get over this. Start the next game already!
Old 07-26-2009, 02:22 PM   #458
SpaceManiac
Veteran Programmer

The next game was started even before this one had ended.
SpaceManiac is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 09:57 PM   #459
Hammered
Nailed It!

Actually, that isn't true, the next game is mine and it hasn't started because this game and the cross-league game are still not over. Of course, this game would probably be over if the host would consider posting the results of the last lynch. It would be helpful if he would do that, since the cross-league game is down to three players and it will probably end on Monday. I would like to be able to start my game promptly.
Old 07-27-2009, 01:47 AM   #460
happystickman
Back From the Dead

Yes, Lilias was the last mafia. Town wins.