Hamumu Software Hamumu Software Hamumu Software
Name
Password Register
Latest Journal update: Oct 17, 2017
Old 10-28-2009, 05:17 AM   #1
ElMikkino
Certified Bunnay Agent

Default B21 Issue

As many of you are well aware, B21 is going VERY slowly. There are always 3-day gaps between posts, and when someone does post, it doesn't usually get the game going very far. Ufo-Man himself hasn't been doing much in it.

Thus, I propose that we just end B21, and get on with B22. I am pretty sure that no one who plays mafia is having fun.
Humility is the mark of a true warrior/cool person
ElMikkino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 05:33 AM   #2
WackieWatty
The Hard Hat, MWAHAHA!

Location: Doing a groovy dance at the Construction Site, Dumbopolis.
Send a message via MSN to WackieWatty
Default Re: B21 Issue

Calling it an issue is a vast understatement, in my opinion.

I've been watching the game progress, and it's been quite painful, in all honesty. What is perhaps the most perplexing thing is the way that people are playing. People aren't really voting to lynch, but rather just saying 'I suspect this person', and when people do vote, they soon unvote for no apparent reason.

Now, I'm not going to complain about the game too much, because it isn't my place to do so, especially as it is still running, but I feel that both the players and the host are to blame. Both due to a lack of activeness. Hosts can obviously be punished, but I don't know what should be done about the players. I simply advise that future hosts are careful as to who they allow into their games.

Now, this issue runs further than the B league, as the joint game is currently being held up, meaning that there hasn't been an A league game running for several weeks. Nobody has really spoken out about this, but it demonstrates, to an extent, the major flaw in joint league games. I feel that the next A league game should have been running in the meantime, as A league games are usually over quite quickly, and so, if the B league did have to wait as the A league are doing now, it wouldn't have been as long-a period of time...

Anyway, that's all I have to say on the matter. I'm not exactly sure what is going to come of this, and I don't really have the power to take any action myself.
Old 10-28-2009, 08:56 AM   #3
Max
Just a FunLoving Turbo Penguin

Send a message via MSN to Max Send a message via Yahoo to Max

I agree with ElMikkino, the game should just end. It hasn't been fun at all. Nearly everyone is lurking. The host himself has been inactive for quite some time. So there is no use in continuing it.

Now you don't mess with perfection.
Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 02:26 PM   #4
PlasmaCannonsRule
Exploder of Communist Penguins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max View Post
I agree with ElMikkino, the game should just end. It hasn't been fun at all. Nearly everyone is lurking. The host himself has been inactive for quite some time. So there is no use in continuing it.
Same here. The concept of a roleless mafia is, in itself, kind of flawed. A cop, in the very least, should be in the game. Roleclaiming is where I draw a lot of my evidence from. Now then, excessive power roles should be avoided, but none just doesn't click with me.

Lurkers are also a problem; Hammer Up, despite being very active in other parts of the forum, has not posted in the mafia game since Day 1. If you aren't going to play a game, don't sign up.

Last edited by PlasmaCannonsRule; 10-28-2009 at 02:27 PM.
PlasmaCannonsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 02:40 PM   #5
hyperme
Not Evil, Just British

B21 was also missing any day deadlines. This mean days just dragged on, with no outcome.
Old 10-28-2009, 05:42 PM   #6
Sillyman
Does not exist. Fnord.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WackieWatty View Post
I feel that the next A league game should have been running in the meantime, as A league games are usually over quite quickly, and so, if the B league did have to wait as the A league are doing now, it wouldn't have been as long-a period of time...
I fully expected another A-league game to occur while B21 was wrapping up. Then the game that was there was cancelled. For some reason, nobody else wanted to host the next game, despite my urging them to. If anybody currently on the list was willing to jump forward, I would certainly not complain.

As far as I can tell, it's not "hey look at that cross-league game gumming up the works", it's "oh boy an excuse to not host the next A game because I'm not ready/busy due to scheduling issues/whatever... and while we're at it make people's irrational hatred of cross-leaguing it up even stronger". But that might just be paranoia talking.
------END GEEK CODE BLOCK------
Blaaaah.
Sillyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 07:48 PM   #7
sonicchaos1993
Chaos sold separately.

As you may have noticed by my post in B21, my patience has snapped.

I highly reccomend that ALL future games have a co-host to take over in case of a situation like this. I myself am doing it for my game.

AGLA FL15 Pro Circuit Champion - Tank for Hybrid Theory (AGLA) - Captain/Hybrid for Zero Logic (GGL)
sonicchaos1993 is offline   Reply With Quote