Hamumu Software Hamumu Software Hamumu Software
Name
Password Register
Latest Journal update: Oct 21, 2017

Go Back   Hamumu Forum > General > General Blabber

Old 06-02-2010, 09:39 PM   #21
Megadog
The Demagogue

Default Re: If Google told you to jump off a cliff...

Speaking of the Darwin awards, our computing teacher follows the rules that the best defense is a good offense, and is so teaching us how to make viruses.

It took about three seconds for us to infect a computer. :P

Yeah, our computing teacher is daft. Next lesson we learn how to make a computers screen explode. Fun, but pointless and stupid.
Old 06-03-2010, 02:15 AM   #22
Gigacat
Pinkie Pirate!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megadog View Post
Flamingos are the only creatures on earth that can eat a MacDonalds apple pie. They can eat things at about 150 Degrees Celsius!
mcDonalds apple pies here are deep fried. yuk.
Old 06-03-2010, 03:49 AM   #23
AtkinsSJ
Legs sold separately.

It's the problem with technology - people think it is always right, and cannot lie, when actually computers are quite often wrong. Reminds me of those stories where people have followed the sat-nav into lakes or off cliffs.
Old 06-03-2010, 10:50 AM   #24
Androgeos Exeunt
Ancient Doormat

Send a message via MSN to Androgeos Exeunt

It's okay to put a certain degree of trust into technology, but never trust it with your life.

Technology will improve eventually, but do not expect it to ever attain the kind of efficiency and accuracy that most films portray it to be. At the least, don't expect it to happen for the next five generations, and don't expect it to reach that kind of state in your lifetime.
"The Burninator is an enigmatic weapon. Apparently forged in the medieval ages by a wizard who loved fireballs, the Burninator is regarded in legend as the ultimate fusion between arcane combustion and napalm technology."
Androgeos Exeunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 01:04 PM   #25
Mr.Onion
Evil, random-voting vegetable

Location: Down at the shore where there's no-one vacationing.

5 generations is rather a long time. Considering the very idea of the computer was only invented just over 140 years ago, I think it'll have moved on quite a bit in that time.

Last edited by Mr.Onion; 06-03-2010 at 01:05 PM.
Mr.Onion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 12:13 PM   #26
PlasmaCannonsRule
Exploder of Communist Penguins

People have been and will always be idiots. The problem is, our society encourages this kind of idiocy. And frivilous lawsuits will always exist. There's already the afformentioned lawsuits, along with multiple attempts to sue God, Satan, and various other deities, although generally those are to exploit loopholes in the legal system. The "metal" (I use the term metal very loosely) band Slipknot sued Burger King for an ad campaign BK used featuring a band of "metalheads" dressed as chickens. Slipknot had already been sued by Mushroomhead for stealing their masks, and KISS had been using masks since the 70's. There's been several others equally frivilous as well.
Old 06-06-2010, 11:27 AM   #27
Androgeos Exeunt
Ancient Doormat

Send a message via MSN to Androgeos Exeunt
Exclamation Re: If Google told you to jump off a cliff...

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlasmaCannonsRule View Post
...multiple attempts to sue God, Satan, and various other deities...

Wow. I'm irreligious but ... wow. That's pretty ridiculous isn't it? I don't expect any otherworldly being to stoop so low as to attend a court hearing.
"The Burninator is an enigmatic weapon. Apparently forged in the medieval ages by a wizard who loved fireballs, the Burninator is regarded in legend as the ultimate fusion between arcane combustion and napalm technology."
Androgeos Exeunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 09:46 PM   #28
Gigacat
Pinkie Pirate!

Hahahaha. this reminds me of when we were installing our celing fan. The instuction manule was probably originally written in chinese or somthing then tanslated into english. it specifically said that we had to supply our on commen sense beacause they were things that couldnt be built in to the machine. lol
Old 06-09-2010, 09:41 PM   #29
sonicchaos1993
Chaos sold separately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Onion View Post
5 generations is rather a long time. Considering the very idea of the computer was only invented just over 140 years ago, I think it'll have moved on quite a bit in that time.
You mean the Electronic Computer, the idea of a Computer has been around for thousands of years.

The problem is that we now live in a society that refuses to take responsibility for their actions. There is a lack of personal responsibility. Instead, people are more than happy to blame companies, other people, and sometimes even the government for anything bad that happens to them. An excellent example is foreclosures. Brokers make loans between people and the banks for a house. The broker recieves a commission, and then leaves the deal. The people can't pay the loan, the house gets foreclosed, and the people refuse to take personal responsibility. Instead of thinking, "We shouldn't have taken that loan," or "We should have looked at a cheaper option," they think, "This is all the broker's fault! They never should have given us the loan!" and "This is all the bank's fault! They're just a bunch of greedy people who want to steal our money and our home!"

Should the broker recieve some of the blame? Yes. Should the bank? No. The bank has little influence in the matter. The broker is one who sets up the loan. However, even though the broker is somewhat at fault, the people MUST take some personal responsibility, because it is partly their fault! Instead, they blame the banks. And now that we have a president who also blames the banks... Ugh.

In conclusion, this is why I hate people.

AGLA FL15 Pro Circuit Champion - Tank for Hybrid Theory (AGLA) - Captain/Hybrid for Zero Logic (GGL)
sonicchaos1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 09:45 AM   #30
Mr.Onion
Evil, random-voting vegetable

Location: Down at the shore where there's no-one vacationing.

Quote:
You mean the Electronic Computer, the idea of a Computer has been around for thousands of years.
No, I mean the idea of a programmable, general-purpose machine, specifically, the Difference Engine. Electronic ones aren't around for 80 years after that.

Re: responsibility: That's what the majority of our laws are for: Defining who exactly is responsible in case something goes wrong. The problem appears because very few people will let themselves take the blame.

Last edited by Mr.Onion; 06-12-2010 at 09:46 AM.
Mr.Onion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 08:23 AM   #31
pizza
Extra cheesy

Some days I wish I was stupid and could make millions...
Old 06-14-2010, 02:18 PM   #32
gameboy
Dumb Person

Quote:
Originally Posted by pizza View Post
Some days I wish I was stupid and could make millions...
It's not the stupid people who make all the money, it's the jerks who are willing to step on the little guy.

Imagine a better world, a world where I might actually be able to think of a decent signature... Oh well!
gameboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 01:32 AM   #33
Pumpkineater
Sonic Rainboom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gameboy View Post
It's not the stupid people who make all the money, it's the jerks who are willing to step on the little guy.
Not really, there are also the people whose parents are jerks who are willing to step in the little guy. Sometimes I wish my parents were jerks willing to step on the little guy.
Pumpkineater is offline   Reply With Quote