Name
Password Register
Latest Journal update: Nov 27, 2017

Go Back   Hamumu Forum > Games > Non-Hamumu Games

Old 06-26-2010, 10:03 AM   #41
seamonkey
spoon eater

Default Re: Ten reasons not to buy New Super Mario Bros. Wii

for me there is only one reason not to buy it: almost nobody knows what the heck you are talking about. New Super Mario Bros. worst name ever. I talk about it to my friends their reply oh, you mean brawl. I say no, I mean new super mario bro's. and they say oh you mean mario galxy or whatever it's called. CONFUSING!!!
"So tell me Harry, what exactly is the purpose of a rubber duck?" -Mr. Weasly
seamonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 01:48 PM   #42
generic_user
Epic WIN

I honestly have no idea what some of you guys are talking about. This is one of my favorite wii games. You're just whining about some really random pointless stuff that makes the game good. I also found it pretty easy, but I still had loads of fun. I also beat it 100%, which is really hard.
Old 07-12-2010, 06:34 PM   #43
peter
evil alian with a lazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpkineater View Post
1) All castles are frustrating. In the previous mario games, you did not have to restart each castle 10 times.
Even first castle caused death
2) Underwater levels: Why, WHY DO THERE HAVE TO BE UNDERWATER LEVELS IN EVERY MARIO GAME? They slow you down, they have annoying enemies, especially that squid that pops at you, and they are NOT FUN
Agree
3) You cannot keep yoshi. When you finish a level, yoshi greets you off and you continue without him. Why even have him in the game if you cannot enjoy him?
Agree. Plus,Hes hardly anywhere
4) Ghost houses are ruined. Where are the good old tricky Super Mario World ghost houses? In Super mario world. Get Super mario world instead, it is much better.
Haven't gotten to them,but from videos,I can tell they fail
5) Those monsters on the overworld that wander around. You cannot avoid them, they will always jump at you. Even if you beat them, after some levels they will come back. You cannot go back to world 1, get the propeller mario you needed, and go back to play that one hard level where he would help you out a lot, those idiots will jump at you and make you lose it.
Oh,there not so bad
6) Hint movies: Why aren't they all available so that you can choose which to buy? Why do they have to randomly become available whenever they want?
What?
7) Lakitus. They should not exist. Levels that have them are horrible. You get a power up, bam, a spiny will fall on you, You almost reach the end of the level, bam, a spiny will fall on you, You are small, a spiny kills you.
it would be better if they flew lower
8 ) System Update Required. Seriously? Nintendo has taken it too far. In order to prevent homebrew software from running, they require you to update the menu before being able to play the game. WHAT IF YOU DON'T WANT TO UPDATE IT? YOU GET NO WARNING BEFORE YOU BUY THE GAME! If someone wants to hack his wii and put homebrew channels, Let him do it. They are going to figure a way around your updates anyway. You are just torturing us normal players
agree
9) Buy something else, the game is expensive, and annoying. You could buy something useful, or a good game instead.
To late,already bought
10) Because I do not reccomend it. AT ALL.
me neither
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicchaos1993 View Post
The Hint Movies aren't random, they become unlocked depending on how many Star Coins you've found in that level.

Personally, I loved NSMB! As others have said it is hard, but not riduculously so. It's a very good and fun challenge, and I would reccomend it to anybody looking for a challenge or who likes/is good at platformers.

Ten Reasons to Buy (or at least try) NSMBW:
1. 4-player Co-op. Betraying/killing your friends in-game is worth the $50 pricetag alone.
I have no one to play with
2. Difficulty. It gets hard pretty fast, but it isn't ridiculously hard! The levels are hard enough that it will be a challenge to complete many of them, but that just makes beating the levels even more satisfying! There is also the "Super Guide" block available for those who are struggling at the game.
NOT ridiculously hard? I can't beet the first world!(then again,I fail at everything)
3. Epic final boss. The Final Boss is fairly tough, I won't lie, but when you finally defeat him, you feel like you've really accomplished something.
Haven't got there yet,but from videos,you just run. more like epic FAIL boss.
4. Gameplay. The levels are fairly orginal in design, and as you enter new worlds you'll see new concepts you'll have to master in order to achieve perfection (all Star Coins).
Then they should have something different then water.plus,there was giant world,why not miny world?
5. Hint Movies. The "Super Skills" movies are often just amazing to watch, the Hint Movies also make it easier for those who are trying to find that secret exit in a level.
agreed. more help is always wanted
6. Old times... Anybody who is familiar with past Mario games will recognize many of the features in the game. The Koopalings act as the bosses, like in Super Mario World, and roaming enemies in the overworld remind one of Super Mario Bros. 3. Oh, and did I mention Airships?
Airships are cool,but I hate koopalings as bosses. Its just a way to not think of original bosses
7. World #9. This world is extremely difficult (but optional), and it will provide a real test of your skills. You really feel like you've accomplished something when you beat one of these levels.
sounds hard,but if its optional,great!
8. Yoshi. Although I would like to be able to keep Yoshi around, this is the first Mario 2-D platformer to have Yoshi in a while. Seeing the lovable dinosaur is always a plus!
yoshis great,but hes hardly anywhere
9. World 8-7. It's a rollercoaster, and it's super-easy to kill your friends on it! This is by far one of the best Free-for-all/Coin Battle maps.
no clue about this. Sounds kind of fun.
10. Coin Battle. Some of the Coin-Battle-only levels will remind you of the first Mario games. One level is based off of the old Mario Arcade Game, and another reminds one of World 1-2 in the orginal Super Mario Bros. game. Coin Battle is also extremely competitive, which is a plus.
have no one to play with
My opinion on the game

On another note,
Quote:
Originally Posted by generic_user View Post
I honestly have no idea what some of you guys are talking about. This is one of my favorite wii games. You're just whining about some really random pointless stuff that makes the game good. I also found it pretty easy, but I still had loads of fun. I also beat it 100%, which is really hard.
This is the hardest game I have ever played

I is evil! hahahahaha!!!

Last edited by Blackduck; 07-13-2010 at 12:58 PM.
peter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 08:07 AM   #44
generic_user
Epic WIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter View Post
sorry for double post,but this is the hardest game I have ever played
Yeah, it was definitely hard on some parts, but it wasn't too bad. I don't think I ever even saw the game over screen. Oh, and by the way, try I Wanna Be The Guy. That is the hardest game I've ever played. Just look it up on youtube or something and you'll know what I mean...

Not only is it the hardest game I've played, but anyone who's played knows that it is literally the hardest game in the world, without discussion (yes, I have made it to the end through many hours of pain and torture).

Last edited by generic_user; 07-13-2010 at 08:19 AM.
generic_user is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 01:22 AM   #45
HumanTurkey
I'm not dumb!

The first New Super Mario Bros. game was certainly enough a LOT easier than the old Mario titles. I still haven't even beat the original SMB on the NES, even with using warps.

And yes, I do have an NES.
   /* Hopefully, Mike will like this game I wrote. */
  return 0;
}
HumanTurkey is offline   Reply With Quote