timbo23
Less Puny Mortal

Teddy the president?
timbo23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 04:45 PM   #42
dumbutt1
Large Mortal

Default Re: #9, #12, #22

can someone guide me through this or tell me where i can find the answer? will trade black box answer for this info.

Last edited by dumbutt1; 11-09-2006 at 04:52 PM.
dumbutt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 05:43 PM   #43
the_hoodie
Less Puny Mortal

I am completely stuck on #9, I've been working on it for days and can't get anything out of it. Someone PM me with a hint please.
the_hoodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 10:33 AM   #44
gupwalla
Puny Mortal

#9 Uncoordinated:

This one stumped me, because I had the right method but a slightly altered key text for breaking the code. My advice to you is to start at the very, very beginning. This same key text appears in a few different places on the www, and many of them start a little after the beginning. That will throw you off and lead to a nonsense answer.

#12 Future History:

Again, I had the right key text, and I was even trusting the National Archives -- maybe a bit too much. I also ended up having to go to the very beginning, not of the key text but to the beginning version of the key text.

So maybe a better hint is: the pen is mightier than the typewriter. And it's worth keeping in mind that some ideas can be written as one word or two words, so you might want to apply a little fuzz factor as you work through the key text.

#22 Need a Pen, Pal?

If you've cracked the cipher and you're still stuck, you'll need to do some research. The first couple of lines should be easy and straightforward to look up -- they are both very specific, and they have a very specific thing in common. Once you figure that out, then you're down the homestretch -- because the third line has that same thing in common, and it's really just a matter of some very easy (if you've got the key!) research.
gupwalla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 06:39 PM   #45
smsgal
Less Puny Mortal

Angry

i read thru the hints and everything, but i'm STILL super clueless, can some1 please PM me the answers for # 9 and # 22? please and ty

i read thru this forum over and over again, i'm stil really clueles and lost, can some1 please pm or email the answer for #9 and #22, thank you

Last edited by Blackduck; 08-28-2010 at 12:59 PM. Reason: double post
smsgal is offline   Reply With Quote