Hamumu Software Hamumu Software Hamumu Software
Name
Password Register
Latest Journal update: Oct 23, 2017
Old 05-31-2006, 12:49 PM   #81
crassycatz
Dumb Person

Send a message via AIM to crassycatz Send a message via MSN to crassycatz Send a message via Yahoo to crassycatz

hmmm i did this one a while back, had some one email me for help went to refresh my memory and it appears that the second part of the clue doesnt work anymore!! is this just me? or am i being retarded and getting it wrong!!??
crassycatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 01:20 PM   #82
Jamul
Marshmallow Head
The Boss

There haven't been any changes to the puzzle, which I'm afraid leaves you with only one option!
Old 06-02-2006, 02:32 AM   #83
crassycatz
Dumb Person

Send a message via AIM to crassycatz Send a message via MSN to crassycatz Send a message via Yahoo to crassycatz

jamul are you calling me retarded!?

edit: ok so i checked it out again, and again it didnt seem to work, went to pm jamul to check what i was doing was right and then it worked!!! DOH!
Maybe i am just a dumb person then!! :P
crassycatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 07:21 PM   #84
powermouse
Less Puny Mortal

I just wanted to say that most of the hints in this thread just confused me and there are a few that still make very little sense to me and I've solved the puzzle! I want to try and help but I'm worried I'll just make things even more confused in an already confusing thread...ah well, you never know what might help someone right?

1. There are different ways to get to the second phase of the puzzle. Using "properties" is just one of at least 2 ways. The title is "What's In A Name?" so presumably, you need to figure out some kind of name. Once you do that, you will need to make a minor substitution (which should be obvious) in order to go to the next step.

2. Once you get to the next step, think about the clue in that step and how it could apply to a computer peripheral that has been alluded to directly in this thread in several posts.

Good luck!
powermouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 08:29 PM   #85
katefolsom
Less Puny Mortal

I've been puzzling over this one, on and off, for months. I have considered the properties (I get that part) I have tried to shift the word both rightly and not rightly, and still I'm lost.

The hints are confusing. Especially the ones about breakfast. Could someone PM me a HUGE hint or something? ****!
katefolsom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 11:59 AM   #86
lunchgirl
Puny Mortal

ok, I don't get it. I've tried to do everything I can possibly think of, and I can't get to the second stage. Is there a chance it has been moved or something?
lunchgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006, 03:26 PM   #87
Kara_15
Puny Mortal

Default Re: #25 What's in a name?

Alright, I give up. I have tried absolutly everything I can think of... I think I've solved the first part related to proporties. Maybe I'm thinking too much, but nothing jumps out at me... none of the clues on here make any sense to me! =( Could someone pm me either a GIANT hint or the answer? Thanks, I'm at my wit's end!
Kara_15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 05:11 PM   #88
dumbutt1
Large Mortal

Question Re: #25 What's in a name?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masem View Post
Another hint. What's so special about the letters F and J?
well, i dont see how those bumps have ANYTHING to do with this. anyway, im one of those people who need a shove to get started on this puzzle. can any1 PM me a spoiler or something?

Last edited by dumbutt1; 11-28-2006 at 05:16 PM.
dumbutt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006, 04:25 PM   #89
Kill-kill
Less Puny Mortal

It's amazing what you can get when you put two hints together....

Try to describe it, but be sure not to do it wrong.

Find the posts that suggest doing those, and the phrasing might help you.
Kill-kill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 08:54 AM   #90
alex the meaty
Less Puny Mortal

Sometimes I get these intuition puzzles pretty easily, but if they don't happen then i'm stuck for life. Would someone please PM me some hints to get started. I having problems with the "look inside" part, and I'm pretty computer savvy.

Thanks!!
alex the meaty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 06:36 AM   #91
alex the meaty
Less Puny Mortal

Regarding the first part of the puzzle, I really am having no luck with that minor substitution you are talking about. I can see what is buried in the name, and it should take me someplace I'm assuming, but I just can't get it to work. Firefox must think i'm an idiot or something.
alex the meaty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 09:41 PM   #92
knightsoccer
Less Puny Mortal

so i've already solved this puzzle(along with the rest of them) and now that ive come back to it i cant seem to get it. Could anyone send me a reminder?

Last edited by knightsoccer; 02-07-2007 at 11:53 AM. Reason: Nevermind... just didn't look hard enough
knightsoccer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 04:34 AM   #93
p0ntus
Less Puny Mortal

This puzzle drove me nuts. I had the answer very early, but the _ was a huge problem. When it didn't like that, Opera added / which makes the result inoperable. I'm guessing Firefox does the same thing based on some people's messages. Had I been using a dumber browser the answer would have been unsullied, albeit incomprehensible to IE6, and I would have made the proper adjustment and went on my way. As it turned out, I spent two hours on it, not realizing the error, when I had the answer in just a few seconds.

My hint: Look over the names (not titles) of a few of the other puzzles and figure out why this one is different.

And then, of course, don't make the mistake I made.
p0ntus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 11:06 PM   #94
jEFF
Puny Mortal

I can't get the somewhere else to work either can anyone verify that it is still up?

I think part of the puzzle is posting a " I can't do it " and then it magically works. LOL
jEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 04:58 PM   #95
Nathan_1025
Medium Mortal

Talking Re: #25 What's in a name?

Once you get to the second part of the puzzle, Beyonce's song will help you out some.
Nathan_1025 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 05:29 PM   #96
matt770
Puny Mortal

ok i give up i dont get what to look into or what the heck to do can someone give me a huge hint or a spoiler im desperate XD
-matt
matt770 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 11:40 AM   #97
blackleecy
Less Puny Mortal

Send a message via MSN to blackleecy
Unhappy Re: #25 What's in a name?

aaaaaghhhh help me!!!! I cant do this thing! I think I know whats going on but I just cant do it! I have saved this file to my computer I have looked inside it! I see whats different with the name and not the title I understand what people mean by shift with the keys? :-S I think?! ive tried it I cant see anything significant! I am gonna be bald if I dont figure this out soon!! Help me......Please!
Old 11-28-2007, 03:45 AM   #98
zelamonster
Puny Mortal

This one's kind of mean to people with Dvorak keyboards...
zelamonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 09:29 AM   #99
General Anubis
Puny Mortal

If anyone still visits these forums, please help me with this!

I'm totally lost... I've understood all the hints given here, and I think I know what I'm supposed to do, but it doesn't work for me at all, I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. If anyone sees this please PM me if you can help. Thanks.

Last edited by Jamul; 05-20-2010 at 10:03 AM. Reason: language
General Anubis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 06:42 PM   #100
smsgal
Less Puny Mortal

can some1 please email or PM me the answer >_<;; i'm still really clueless about this
smsgal is offline   Reply With Quote