Hamumu Software Hamumu Software Hamumu Software
Name
Password Register
Latest Journal update: Oct 18, 2017
Old 09-03-2010, 03:59 AM   #81
peter
evil alian with a lazer

Default Re: Lucid Dreaming

In one of my dreams someone actually mentioned that I was dreaming. After that it got really weird for some reason, Like some kid said you should only weed the garden in cut scenes

I is evil! hahahahaha!!!
peter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 02:47 PM   #82
death
Banned

I don't think that counts as a lucid dream...
death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 03:14 PM   #83
Blackduck
Original Kool Kat

Send a message via ICQ to Blackduck Send a message via AIM to Blackduck Send a message via MSN to Blackduck

Dreaming about having control of your dream or lucid dreaming, what's the difference?
Old 09-03-2010, 07:55 PM   #84
PlasmaCannonsRule
Exploder of Communist Penguins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackduck View Post
Dreaming about having control of your dream or lucid dreaming, what's the difference?
That's an FLD, or False Lucid Dream.

Also, just for the heck of it, I made a Lucid Dictionary!

Lucid Dream (LD)- A dream where your consciousness awakens and takes control over the dream, allowing you to consciously manipulate your dreams to some degree.

Normal Dream (ND)- A dream where the consciousness is not awakened, and thus the dream is orchestrated by the subconscious, and one is not aware that he or she is dreaming.

False Lucid Dream (FLD)- A normal dream about lucid dreaming.

False Awakening (FA)- When one dreams that he or she has awoken. If one routinely does reality checks upon awakening, these can be extremely beneficial to lucid dreaming.

Out of Body Experience (OBE)- An experience of exiting one's body. Very closely related to lucid dreaming. WILD can be used to induce OBEs.

Wake Induced Lucid Dream (WILD)- One of the two most common LD induction techniques. An induction technique that involves using the hypnagogic state to go directly from awake to a dream. Frequently involves going through sleep paralysis.

Mnemonic Induced Lucid Dream (MILD)- One of the two most common LD induction techniques. An induction technique that involves setting one's subconscious intention to realize that it is dreaming.

Character Assisted Lucid Dream (CALD)- A lesser-known LD induction technique. Involves telling recurring dream characters to "reawaken" oneself in future dreams.

Dream Exit Induced Lucid Dream (DEILD)- A lesser-known LD induction technique. Involves training oneself to awaken without opening one's eyes and then going directly back into a dream. Very challenging, but has a near 100% success rate when mastered.

Wake Back To Bed (WBTB)- A technique where one uses either an alarm or autosuggestion to interrupt the REM cycle and then go back to sleep, allowing one to WILD or MILD both faster and with a higher success rate.

Dream Journal (DJ)- A journal where one records his or her dreams. Generally helps to improve dream recall significantly. Can also make for interesting reading later.

Hypnagogic State- A state between awake and dreaming. Generally one is not conscious during this part of the sleep cycle, but, using WILD, one can enter it. Generally accompanied by hypnagogic imagery, hypnagogic hallucinations, and sleep paralysis.

Hypnagogic Imagery (HI)- Part of the hypnagogic state. Images that flash across the back of one's eyelids. Can range from geometric shapes to full-fledged landscapes. Once hypnagogic imagery reaches a certain clarity, one can simply focus on it to pull oneself into a lucid dream.

Hypnagogic Hallucinations (HH)- Part of the hypnagogic state. Other, generally less pleasant sensual stimulations aside from HI. Includes hearing voices, a feeling of being watched, and a feeling of being touched.

Sleep Paralysis (SP)- Part of the hypnagogic state. A state where the body is paralyzed. Formerly thought to be the result of attack by demonic entities, it is now known to be a natural process of the body to avoid sleepwalking. SP, especially when combined with HH to form Old Hag Syndrome, is thought to be an extremely terrifying experience, especially for one who is not aware of the body process that creates it.

Old Hag Syndrome- When one wakes up paralyzed and with an unnerving feeling of being watched, sometimes even accompanied by seeing apparitions. Formerly thought to be attack by unholy entities.

Reality Check (RC)- An action that generally causes two distinct reactions in the waking world and dream world. Used periodically or during bizarre circumstances to determine whether one is awake or in a dream.

Nose RC- A reality check that involves pinching one's nose and attempting to breathe through it. In a dream, you are normally able to breathe through your nose while pinching it.

Hand RC- Refers to one of 3 reality checks. The first is to poke the palm of one's hand. In a dream, the finger will often go through the hand. The second is to draw dots on your palms and do a RC whenever you see them. The third is to stare at your hands. They will oftentimes begin to blur in dreams.

Hyperreality- A sense of being more real than reality. Generally refers to the fact that, in dreams, the senses can be raised beyond the levels they can be in the waking world; sounds are crisper, smell and taste are more powerful, sight with higher clarity, and a more sensitive sense of touch.

Door Trick- A technique inside a lucid dream where one comes across a door and states that something will exist beyond that door. More often than not, what was described will be beyond the door. Abstract concepts can be used.

Mirror Trick- A technique inside a lucid dream where one simply walks through a mirror. These dreamscapes are generally surreal and psychadelic. Be warned, mirrors in dreams are sometimes used to project one's fears, and can sometimes be terrifying to look at.

If anyone has anything else, just tell me.

Last edited by PlasmaCannonsRule; 09-05-2010 at 07:29 PM.
PlasmaCannonsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 08:06 PM   #85
death
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackduck View Post
he wasn't describing either. It was merely a dream in which his character was told he was dreaming. It's something that you must realize on your own.
death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 10:01 PM   #86
Megadog
The Demagogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlasmaCannonsRule View Post
Character Induced Lucid Dream (CALD)
I smell illiteracy...
Old 09-03-2010, 10:34 PM   #87
ElMikkino
Certified Bunnay Agent

Had one of my first semi-lucid dreams two nights ago, but now I'm not even sure it was. I just remember that in the dream I was watching somebody play an 8-bit video game on an old TV, when I suddenly realized I was dreaming. I tried to make some enemies appear on the screen, and I kinda succeeded, but then I felt like I was almost at that stage where you wake up, but you just start thinking about what would have happened if the dream went on, so in fear of this happening, and wanting to just get back to my dream, I stopped thinking, and the dream stopped being lucid.
Humility is the mark of a true warrior/cool person
ElMikkino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 07:28 PM   #88
PlasmaCannonsRule
Exploder of Communist Penguins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megadog View Post
I smell illiteracy...
More like half-asleep-ness . It's actually "Character Assisted Lucid Dreaming". Thanks fro pointing that out.