Hamumu Software Hamumu Software Hamumu Software
Name
Password Register
Latest Journal update: Oct 18, 2017

Go Back   Hamumu Forum > General > General Blabber

View Poll Results: What made you join Hamumu?
Recommended by a friend 9 10.47%
Found the site via web search 1 1.16%
Found a Hamumu game online 21 24.42%
Played an eGames version of a Hamumu game 32 37.21%
Saw a link on another website (forums, discussions) 4 4.65%
Other (please post!) 19 22.09%
Voters: 86. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-19-2010, 01:31 PM   #41
Julian
Is a ninja

Send a message via MSN to Julian
Default Re: What made you join Hamumu?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackduck View Post
I think it'd also be nice if some Hamumu games were added to Steam, since it's a very popular. Not necessarily every Hamumu games, but at least one or two of them to get people hooked and head on over here for more Hamumu goodness.
He probably would be able to, too. Phil Hassey got Galcon Fusion on Steam, so if Jamul can make a game that gets a bit of good reviews (as opposed to very few, if any reviews as it seems) he could probably get it on Steam, or use it to get other games on Steam.
Julian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 08:51 AM   #42
lazyking
Puny Mortal

Over the Christmas holidays I got the urge to code, and in the process got distracted looking at the Flipcode archives. While looking through the archives I found this:

http://www.flipcode.com/archives/05-01-2000.shtml

And that was an image (in good humour) posted by Jamul. I did not know of Hamumu Software before the end of '09, but I found it from something posted 9 years earlier! I enjoyed the "Behind the Dumb" series so much that I've kept my eye on this site ever since (and eventually even signed up for a Dumb Account.)

It just goes to show that anything you put on the Internet (virtually) stays on the Internet forever, and it may get people to your site nearly a decade after you post it!
Old 07-06-2010, 07:51 AM   #43
ALLEN2
The Kid Mystic

well this is my story

First Game was SWC and then the kid mytic egames (my dad got it from ebay for 1$ and when it came he gave me it as a suprise!!!) and then later when i was 6 i got loonyland 1 & 2 i think it was 2005. and then later, this is how i came to the fourms,this is lol. i came because i lost loonyland 1 so my dad contacted jamul and i told him the games i got and he put it on my new account called...ALLEN2.so thats the reason how i got rec. and, i wanna to be a part of hamumu. so i knew hamumu since i was 4 (SWC at 4) and now im 11 but i will be on hamumu all the time XD just because its awesome.
so there goes my story look at the games i got the new ones where stockboy pumpkin pop and the cp series
now this is the end XD (btw to the post)
ALLEN2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 07:26 PM   #44
yourter12
forever gone

Two words: Spooky Castle.

Two more words: EGames CD.

Last edited by yourter12; 07-08-2010 at 07:26 PM. Reason: ...
yourter12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 08:25 AM   #45
Ashebrethafe
Dumb Person

I can't remember how I found the site... it was a couple of versions ago (I don't think there was a journal back then). The first Hamumu game I played was Stockboy, which I found and bought through Dexterity Software -- although I seem to recall that it took me a long time to find out that it was from Hamumu. The first game I bought through hamumu.com was Loonyland, and I joined just before SWC came out.

ETA: Actually, it looks like the forum had only been around for two months when I joined! (Or at least, I joined two months after Jamul.)

Last edited by Ashebrethafe; 08-26-2010 at 08:31 AM. Reason: ...
Ashebrethafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 01:18 PM   #46
asteroid
Dumb Person

I think somewhere along the line a puzzle forum had a link to Dumb: The Game for people who liked Qwyzzle and things like that. It was probably much later that I looked further and found the other games and parted with a bit of hard earned cash!
Old 09-02-2010, 04:58 PM   #47
Lord Loony
Not Your Average Ruler

Doesn't 1,200 levels explain everything?
Old 09-02-2010, 06:08 PM   #48
death
Banned

oh wow, I can't believe someone actually found this site via search. its either lucky, or fate
death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 04:09 PM   #49
AlejandroC
The Dynamic Death Dealer

oh wow, i had the demo of Dr. Lunatic NOT from eGames, infact i don't know HOW it was in the computer, then the LL2 demo. which said to visit the site. then 4 years later i finally got my account and speaking here today! i'm glad i found it!
Old 09-06-2010, 02:47 PM   #50
randerzo
Magical Lord of Shadows

Long Before I joined the forums I was wanting to buy a game call Brave Dwarves my dad only wanted to buy one game.... this was problem however as my sister had her eyes on what was then the new game of Loonyland: Halloween Hill. While I was trying out the demo of the other game Marie(my sister) was trying to convince me to play the demo of the "new" Hamumu game.... I was initially reluctant as my sister and I did not always see eye to eye.... Naturally when I actually played the game(the demo) I was hooked. I was trying to figure out all the puzzles on my own and it was oh so much more fun then I knew how to handle. The Brave Dwarfs was punted and I played the first game of Hamumu ever arrive at my door. I loved it from the beggining. Next would come Dr.Lunatic(which I would wait for to the point where my dad wanted to sue them- I know crazy right?- because it never came after we paid and it ended up coming one night in the middle of the night(we were all still awake) after I played I wanted to know the cheats. my sister wouldnt tell me lol
after I saw the forums come up several times in the credits I decided to take a closer look at the website(which was then all blue and still talking about the release of SWC which wasnt a fully formed idea yet) after figuring some things out I naturally Attempted (and succeeded) in making the forum account by my self(with out my dad) and waited a night to get my account approved. then I was a Puny Mortal and all the avatars were in a gallery (I think i chose the star first and later changed it to a purple chud) and all titles were earned in contests. I believe my firs post was in fact in Loonyland.

I would have voted number one but it said friend... not sister lol

My Theme Song Spamwars Rpg Wiki
randerzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 07:08 PM   #51
b4datalore
Puny Mortal

I discovered this site a while back after playing Spooky Castle so many years ago on an EGames disk. I did not even remember the name of the game so I was lucky to have found it.

I have enjoyed playing the free games and Spooky Castle again. It looks like there is a nice community here so I decided to join.

Did I just repost my introduction from the introduction thread? These two threads are quite similar though.
b4datalore is offline   Reply With Quote