Hamumu Software Hamumu Software Hamumu Software
Name
Password Register
Latest Journal update: Oct 22, 2017

Go Back   Hamumu Forum > Games > Mafia & Forum Games

Old 09-12-2011, 02:36 AM   #281
Sakura-chan
Banned

Default Re: Mafia Game 14 - Donkey Kong Country 3 Mafia!

How long Night lasts is supposed to be up to the hosts. If you're worried about people seeing who was on, just make sure everyone was on at least once since Day ended. A person can be Mafia and not act, though. And you can act and be a good guy.

I would like an explanation for what happened to me. You claimed that the Godfather decided I was going to use my power to kill whoever. I don't think anyone but me should be able to use my power, and the GF alone is supposed to use the nightly kill, until he dies. I didn't see anything in the rules stating otherwise. Also, according to you, the nature of my power is to ensure the Night Kill succeeds, regardless of anything else. So regardless of whatever the target was protected by, he should have been killed.
Sakura-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 03:28 AM   #282
Megadog
The Demagogue

The godfather (SM) didn't KNOW you had a power, and thus never used it. You were killed by some freak accident as far as I know.

The godfather, in certain games, does choose which mafia does the killing however, and this may be what happened/what you mean...
Old 09-12-2011, 03:37 AM   #283
Sakura-chan
Banned

If you're going to give the Godfather that ability, then it needs to either be in the rules or be told to the rest of the Mafia. And why wouldn't the Godfather be told about the rest of the Mafia and their abilities. At the very least, when he talked to me, he didn't mention anything about this.
Old 09-12-2011, 03:49 AM   #284
Megadog
The Demagogue

About not knowing that you had a special ability? How were he to know.

Also, please remember I too, played as that character, however short lived my gameplay was. I see no problem in what happened, and I was actually rather relieved when I was replaced, as I realized I knew GC's role, and that that would have given the mafia an unfair advantage.
Old 09-12-2011, 04:45 AM   #285
Sakura-chan
Banned

Like I said, the Godfather should be told the details of his allies.
Old 09-12-2011, 05:23 AM   #286
Felixrain
has transformed!

Location: That's a good question. I'm not quite sure at the moment, give me a little time to think about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megadog View Post

The godfather, in certain games, does choose which mafia does the killing however, and this may be what happened/what you mean...
This is indeed the case.

SM never made you use your power. He just sent you to commit the kill. You PM me weather to use your power, you didn't, you were sent to kill MF whose power was active at the time, thus you died.
Oh and also, mafia not knowing about fellow member's powers is not uncommon. If you want your fellow mafias to know about your power PM them.
- A spambot

Last edited by Felixrain; 09-12-2011 at 05:26 AM.
Felixrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 06:13 AM   #287
Sakura-chan
Banned

This is what I keep saying. You can't have random rules for each game. I was in the Mafia, and you never said anything about the GF being able to make me perform the Night Kill. This should not be allowed, since I'm not the one sending it in. The whole point of there being a GF is for HIM to make the kill.
Old 09-12-2011, 07:30 AM   #288
Jamul
Marshmallow Head
The Boss

Yes, the host decides the rules for their game. And if you are mafia, you have 100% freedom to talk to your fellow mafia. Use it to your best advantage, or you're gonna be in trouble!
Old 09-12-2011, 02:54 PM   #289
SpaceManiac
Veteran Programmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakura-chan View Post
This is what I keep saying. You can't have random rules for each game. I was in the Mafia, and you never said anything about the GF being able to make me perform the Night Kill. This should not be allowed, since I'm not the one sending it in. The whole point of there being a GF is for HIM to make the kill.
In games involving trackers, or retaliation roles of the kind that struck you, it is common for the Godfather to choose which minion (or himself) actually performs the kill, such that all other mafia members appear to have done nothing that night to any trackers. The rules for each game aren't random - but since here at Hamumu we aren't a serious business Mafia community like you're used to, we're very laid back about what hosts can change about their games; it's good to mix things up a bit to keep it fresh.

Also, I wasn't happy with the way role names were used to prove innocence. To me, this is on the same level as quoting your role PM, since it is essentially non-debatable and a LOT harder to lie about than just what powers you have. I seem to recall a game that didn't allow quoting of role names, but I'm too lazy to go find it.
SpaceManiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 03:05 PM   #290
Sakura-chan
Banned

The point is, that the rules here change TOO much. In one game, the GF can do this, but then he can't in another. And players have no way of knowing what the limitations or rules are for their given game, because it's usually not stated beyond the basics.
Old 09-12-2011, 03:22 PM   #291
Pewskeepski
Peanut Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceManiac View Post
Also, I wasn't happy with the way role names were used to prove innocence. To me, this is on the same level as quoting your role PM, since it is essentially non-debatable and a LOT harder to lie about than just what powers you have. I seem to recall a game that didn't allow quoting of role names, but I'm too lazy to go find it.
I know. I read the Donkey Kong characters wiki searching for a suitable character to claim as. Then I realized that all the characters used in this game were from Donkey Kong 3, so that narrowed the search a bit