Name
Password Register
Latest Journal update: Oct 22, 2017

Go Back   Hamumu Forum > Games > Mafia & Forum Games

Old 09-23-2011, 01:44 AM   #21
Sakura-chan
Banned

Default Re: On Hosting Requirements

Roles are handled different ways on different sites. I've never known of a GF that could make another member make the kill without their knowledge or consent. That's the kind of thing the Mafia should know about. It shouldn't be something we're supposed to guess out of nowhere.

We ARE discussing the rules. That's why that thread should not have been made. It would have been best to wait until we had figured things out.
Sakura-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 05:18 AM   #22
texasjoshua
Secretly Dr. Lunatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakura-chan View Post
Roles are handled different ways on different sites. I've never known of a GF that could make another member make the kill without their knowledge or consent. That's the kind of thing the Mafia should know about. It shouldn't be something we're supposed to guess out of nowhere.

We ARE discussing the rules. That's why that thread should not have been made. It would have been best to wait until we had figured things out.
That information was told to the mafia leader. "You may choose which of your mafia shall make the attack and on whom." The role the GF received was something like that. The mafia could have been made aware of the fact, the information was out there. It was just a lack of communication between mafia.

Its better, i think, to get down the rules now before changing them. Now that SC has posted those rules the previous rules are now known. I personally think the rules are good, it makes sure we have good hosts who understand the game. I've never seen a case of bullying in the case of mafia sign-ups and Jamul or another experienced player would probably intervene.
texasjoshua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 05:27 AM   #23
Sakura-chan
Banned

All of the Mafia should have been made aware that the GF could choose who made the kill. Yes, the GF should have done this, but I feel the host should have as well. Most people know how the Godfather role works, and it usually doesn't include being able to do something like that.

The new rules are horrible. I keep saying, but the three-post rule has too many problems. It's nearly impossible to provide posts that show you understand the game. And there are times when you are killed at the beginning of the game and can only make one final post, which often won't be that deep, since you've died before anything has actually happened.

The way the rules are set up now, it's easy to prevent someone you dislike from hosting. I fear I'm going to be the first victim of this, but we will probably know for certain soon.
Old 09-23-2011, 01:42 PM   #24
sonicchaos1993
Chaos sold separately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakura-chan View Post
All of the Mafia should have been made aware that the GF could choose who made the kill. Yes, the GF should have done this, but I feel the host should have as well. Most people know how the Godfather role works, and it usually doesn't include being able to do something like that.

The new rules are horrible. I keep saying, but the three-post rule has too many problems. It's nearly impossible to provide posts that show you understand the game. And there are times when you are killed at the beginning of the game and can only make one final post, which often won't be that deep, since you've died before anything has actually happened.

The way the rules are set up now, it's easy to prevent someone you dislike from hosting. I fear I'm going to be the first victim of this, but we will probably know for certain soon.
The rules posted in the new thread are the exact same rules that were in place before. In the old thread, however, you had to dig through 40+ pages of posts to find them, as they were scattered around. The new thread puts them right in the first post. Nothing about the rules were changed.

Posts that show you understand the game are easy to find if you understand the game. All you need to do is find posts that provided rational thought and information. It is not hard to do. And, as far as getting killed early, the rules also state that you have to play through a good portion of the mafia game for it to count, so being NK'd Night 0 doesn't usually count. (And don't you dare go saying that I made that rule up, because if you search the old hosting thread you would find it stated several different times)

AGLA FL15 Pro Circuit Champion - Tank for Hybrid Theory (AGLA) - Captain/Hybrid for Zero Logic (GGL)
sonicchaos1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 02:29 PM   #25
Megadog
The Demagogue

As an example, take what I did:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Megadog View Post
My posts...

GAME 2
Quote:
Also I see no reason as to why ruining a thread in TM, which in my opinion you did with your irrationally numbered health bars, makes someone a mafia. Also, you stated you were killing HSM at least PARTLY because of stabbity stab, and all I was doing was bringing it up. I wasn't saying he was the only one (If fact, he only made the thread, so why take it out on him at all) so no need to point irrelevant fingers. Plus, you tried to kill HSM for being silly aswell, but killing someone for an unrelated reason (Like a grudge) is pointless. (and silly) Further more, he actually contributed the most out of everyone here, having sparked up quite a storm of conversation.

Also, not many people seem to want the day law, which is silly. A limit on a day stops the game from utterly dying...
In this post I defend HSM, because if he looks less guilty, both me and my mafia buddy dead eye would seem less guilty too.

Game 3
Quote:
OK, now that you know I'm the cop, know this. I inspected UFO man last night. He is evil. VOTE: UFO MAN
In this I aid my townie members to kill a mafia. Not much easier than that.

Game 6
Quote:
I advice you guys to listen to me! Cliffy1000 IS the mafia godfather! Sure, he turned up 'not guilty' but in my last game, millers and mafia turned up differently too! I was told that Gigacat was "Acting suspicious" while I was told Felixrain was "an evil henchman". He's GUILTY, but no one will listen to me. Lynch me if you want, it will only get you one step closer to a loss! CLIFFY1000 is EVIL.

If this is anything like my last game I'll be dead before anyone sees this, and even if they aren't, it's not like I have any proof that I'm not mafia, or that Cliffy1000 is. We have two inactive town members, and a day that is looming on it's 4th day now. So I bid you adeu. and I hope you enjoy a shot to the head in your sleep.

EDIT: Bah, missed BB5000's post! Well, goodbye!
In this post I attempted to convice the town about the difference of messages for cops. (No one listened, but I don't see why that matters) We are yet to find out if cliffy1000 is infact mafia. As such, I am unsure of this being allowed as my third post...

There. Now, I await your moderation, complete rejection of all three posts, three more games of mafia (several more rejection/play mafia loops) and approval of my application.

EDIT: If I am approved (again, I doubt, but...) then I sign up for Tracer Mafia
I thought these were bad examples, and they got me in. Finding three isn't that difficult. (also note that A. Cliffy1000 WAS the godfather, and B. I had played about 5 games of mafia by this time.)

Last edited by Megadog; 09-23-2011 at 02:31 PM.
Megadog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 03:29 PM   #26
Sakura-chan
Banned

As far as I'm concerned, what I was was right. The new rules are being used to bully. I've asked about hosting repeatedly and was always told the same thing-you needed to have played in three games and needed to provide three posts that showed you understood the game. NO ONE had said the posts needed to be from three different games or that you have to have played through a majority of all three games. That is ridiculous and unfair, and like I said, it will cause bullying, like what is happening to me right now. I posted what everyone said was required of me in the host sign-up thread so that Hyper could clear me, like she said she would. Suddenly, not only am I not cleared, but I'm not going to be able to sign up because I haven't completed enough games due to this new rule. And it's pretty obvious that I'm going to keep dying early on in the game due to what seems to be going on around here. It's like I said-bullying.
Old 09-23-2011, 03:40 PM   #27
Jamul
Marshmallow Head
The Boss

No it's not. The rules have been the same for something like four years now (?). And now they are clearly visible, so hooray for improvements. Now stop complaining.