Name
Password Register
Latest Journal update: Oct 20, 2017

Go Back   Hamumu Forum > Games > Mafia & Forum Games

Old 09-02-2011, 02:52 PM   #1
sonicchaos1993
Chaos sold separately.

Default Hamumu Mafia All-Star Game 2011

Hello my fellow mafia players, and welcome to the first ever Mafia All-Star Game on Hamumu!

Here's how it works: Vote for who you think are the Top 10 ACTIVE mafia players on Hamumu. Send these votes to Julian via PM.

After a week (maybe longer depending on the amount of votes recieved), the top 8 players will be invited to play in the All-Star game. The game will be hosted by Julian and will start shortly after votes are recieved.

Do note that, when voting, that the order in which you rank players does matter. Each 1st place vote is worth 10 "points," each 2nd worth 9, and so on and so forth. Also note that you cannot vote for yourself.

AGLA FL15 Pro Circuit Champion - Tank for Hybrid Theory (AGLA) - Captain/Hybrid for Zero Logic (GGL)
sonicchaos1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 05:14 PM   #2
Julian
Is a ninja

Send a message via MSN to Julian
Default Re: Hamumu Mafia All-Star Game 2011

A bit of a modification to the scoring system because I'm lazy: I have a spreadsheet with the people on the active players list, and I'm putting in people's votes without modification so that if you give player X a ranking of first, I give one "point". In the end, I'll have a list of people with the inverse scores they would have if I gave 10 "points" for first and 1 "point" for tenth, and will decide the winners using golf scoring.

I probably won't post the ranks publicly, but I'm posting this in the interests of full disclosure of my methods.

Also, I will most likely be using the setup described in the example game of this swf - that is, 2 mafia and 6 vanilla townsfolk. If anybody has any objections to this, speak up! I can add a cop, doctor, or both if there's community and/or participant consensus for it, but the most balanced game you're going to get will be exactly as described for a small game.
Julian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 10:26 PM   #3
Sakura-chan
Banned

It is bad that we can't vote for ourselves.>_>;

Last edited by sonicchaos1993; 09-10-2011 at 10:31 AM. Reason: If your post is edited for something, don't edit it back
Sakura-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 01:15 AM   #4
SpaceManiac
Veteran Programmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian View Post
A bit of a modification to the scoring system because I'm lazy: I have a spreadsheet with the people on the active players list, and I'm putting in people's votes without modification so that if you give player X a ranking of first, I give one "point". In the end, I'll have a list of people with the inverse scores they would have if I gave 10 "points" for first and 1 "point" for tenth, and will decide the winners using golf scoring.

I probably won't post the ranks publicly, but I'm posting this in the interests of full disclosure of my methods.

Also, I will most likely be using the setup described in the example game of this swf - that is, 2 mafia and 6 vanilla townsfolk. If anybody has any objections to this, speak up! I can add a cop, doctor, or both if there's community and/or participant consensus for it, but the most balanced game you're going to get will be exactly as described for a small game.
Do it with both score styles and see if the results differ significantly, in which case pick one or the other. Someone who is highly-ranked on one person's list but not ranked at all on anyone else's gets priority with your system.
SpaceManiac is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 06:37 AM   #5
Julian
Is a ninja

True... I probably would have realized that when doing the final tally, but thanks for telling me.
Old 09-03-2011, 06:52 AM   #6
hyperme
Not Evil, Just British

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian View Post
This a bad idea and can only end badly. You give the Mafia perfect information in a game with no power roles. If you start at night, the Mafia would win like so:

Night 1: Kill townie. End of Phase - 2 Mafia, 5 town, 7 total.
Day 1: If two townies vote for another townie, the Mafia can add the votes needed to lycnh. End of Phase - 2 Mafia, 4 town, 6 total.
Night 2: Kill another townie. 2 Maifa, 3 town, 5 total.
Day 2: As soon as a townie votes for another townie, the Mafia win.

Adding a Cop would give the town a better chance. It also provides them with actual true host-given information.
Old 09-03-2011, 11:48 PM   #7
sonicchaos1993
Chaos sold separately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakura-chan View Post
It is bad that we can't vote for ourselves.>_>;
Removing the ability to vote yourself keeps things honest... if you're truely one of the best mafia players on Hamumu, then the the mafia players will vote for you. If you allow people to vote for themselves, then almost everybody's #1 vote would be themselves and that may not be an honest opinion.

AGLA FL15 Pro Circuit Champion - Tank for Hybrid Theory (AGLA) - Captain/Hybrid for Zero Logic (GGL)
sonicchaos1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 09:28 AM   #8
texasjoshua
Secretly Dr. Lunatic

Yes, if we could all vote for ourselves the voting might become broken, especially when It came down to small numbers.
texasjoshua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 04:13 PM   #9
Julian
Is a ninja

OK, this game will run as soon as the current game finishes. You have until then to vote, but please get your votes in before then if you want to vote at all!
Old 10-17-2011, 04:56 PM   #10
Julian
Is a ninja

This game will start in 24 hours. If you have not voted yet, do so now or forever hold your peace!
Old 10-18-2011, 05:02 PM   #11
Julian
Is a ninja

PMs have been sent out to all those chosen. They will have 24 hours to reply before being replaced by the person with the next highest amount of votes. Once I have received all confirmation PMs, roles will be assigned and the game will start. It will have a basic 2 mafia, 1 cop, 5 townies setup unless there are any objections.