Password Register
Latest Journal update: Oct 19, 2017

Go Back   Hamumu Forum > Games > Mafia & Forum Games

Old 11-03-2011, 02:49 PM   #41
Julian
Is a ninja

Send a message via MSN to Julian
Default Re: Hamumu All-Stars Mafia Game

The mafia have won! Sure, I could have let it run another night, but no need to drag things on, right? The town had no way of winning (51% of votes are needed, and even if the two members of the town voted against one member of the mafia, that's still only 50%. And anyway, the mafia would have made a kill and caused the win if I had let it go on) so the Mafia have won!

Roles:

CheeseLord: Mafia Godfather (just the person who sends in the kill, nothing special)
darkguyhades: Mafia Goon
Seamonkey: Cop
Everybody else: town

This game went pretty quickly. There were no lurkers (other than me that one time), and the deadlines weren't too long. But on to my thoughts:

1. Seamonkey could have inspected CheeseLord first. I mean, everybody placed him first in the rankings, so it would have been my expected choice. Had this happened, the town would have had a much higher chance of winning.
2. Sonicchaos could have easily helped the town win by voting CheeseLord. Not that there was anything to do about that: CheeseLord has a unique style that makes people trust him all the time. He also beat Seamonkey to claiming as the cop, which increased the trust people were likely to have in him.
3. I loved getting the kill PMs from Cheeselord. He didn't just say "I kill this person", he gave his reasoning as well. That made the game far more interesting to host, since his plans played out pretty much exactly as he thought they would.

All in all, it was a good game. Good job, Mafia! And to you, too, Town! You guys all did great.
Julian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 02:53 PM   #42
darkguyhades
The Fourth Seal

Send a message via ICQ to darkguyhades Send a message via AIM to darkguyhades Send a message via Yahoo to darkguyhades

Heh heh. A win with only 2 posts. I guess that makes my first win as mafia that much easier.

Anyway, I don't think I really had much impact on what happened, but definitely a learning experience to play as a mafia for once.
Old 11-03-2011, 03:25 PM   #43
sonicchaos1993
Chaos sold separately.

Bah. I knew I would be falling right into CL's plan if he was lying, but I had to go with what I had on that decision.

But yeah, this was a great game. It was fast-paced and everyone played really well.

AGLA FL15 Pro Circuit Champion - Tank for Hybrid Theory (AGLA) - Captain/Hybrid for Zero Logic (GGL)
sonicchaos1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 03:38 PM   #44
CheeseLord
No One Is Perfect

That was a fun one. I think I set everything up pretty well.

Night 1, I noticed that the mafia had the first two names alphabetically, so I guessed the next person on the list would be the cop. There wasn't much else to go on there.

Day 1, I realized that it would actually hurt me to kill the cop and reveal two townies, so I chose SM, the player I thought was least likely to be the cop as a target for the kill. I figured it might also be fun to tell the cop what to do and waste an inspection, so I suggested inspecting SM as well. That worked out rather well.

Day 2, Sonic strongly accused texasjoshua and weakly accused seamonkey, so I decided it wouldn't be all that difficult to link either Sonic or seamonkey to texasjoshua, at least as far as the other was concerned.

Night 2, I didn't see an easy way to lynch hyperme, and I wasn't terribly concerned that he was the cop, so I killed him instead.

Day 3, I immediately claimed cop and accused texasjoshua. If he had been the cop, he would have had to counterclaim and would have been entirely unbelievable. If either of the others was the cop, I could just link him to texasjoshua as I had on day 2. Evidently it worked exactly as planned.

Also, because Julian mentioned that I explained my reasoning in PMs, here they are:
Quote:
Originally Posted by CheeseLord
It would probably be advisable to kill Sonic, so I'm going to kill Felix instead. Why be reasonable?
Quote:
I will kill SpaceManiac. Not because he's going to be inspected (if the cop's any good, he knows better), but rather because I feel he's the least likely to be the cop. That's a completely reasonable explanation, right?
Quote:
Tonight, I kill hyperme. I think I set myself up pretty well as the cop yesterday, so it shouldn't be that difficult to convince the town that I've "inspected" texasjoshua tomorrow.

Without loss of generality, assume I am a squirrel.

I'm not an actor, I just play one on TV.

Last edited by CheeseLord; 11-03-2011 at 03:40 PM. Reason: Apparently there's no multi-quote feature for PMs
CheeseLord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 04:08 PM   #45
texasjoshua
Secretly Dr. Lunatic

Yep, I saw that entire trap come down at the end of day 2. There was not a thing I could do about it though considering I was the accused, most anything i said would be blatantly denied. Good work to CL, SC why did you do what you did. From my perspective I was clearly town
texasjoshua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 04:45 PM   #46
Pewskeepski
Peanut Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian
CheeseLord: Mafia Godfather
Okay I didn't play this game, but I totally called this as soon as he claimed cop.
Old 11-03-2011, 05:49 PM   #47
seamonkey
spoon eater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian View Post
1. Seamonkey could have inspected CheeseLord first. I mean, everybody placed him first in the rankings, so it would have been my expected choice.
However he usually dies night one, so I didn't want to waste it and did the next best thing.
seamonkey is offline   Reply With Quote