Hamumu Software Hamumu Software Hamumu Software
Name
Password Register
Latest Journal update: Oct 20, 2017
Old 08-29-2011, 07:43 PM   #1
Boneheads
King of the Boneheads

Thumbs down Friends

Wow. Clearly, you can't trust friends! At least my friend.

Okay, so let me give you a back-story of how we became friends.

Since I was always home-schooled (until now, I'm unschooled) I didn't have any friends. I had my bro, and 3 sisters. (Now I have 4 sisters, a new born came 7 years ago)
We lived in Richfield. I was 2 years old. We immediately met our neighbors, who we became friends with very quickly. My dad home-taught (home-teachers are a mormon thing) this other family on our block. a few days after we moved in, me and my bro Eric wanted to play with someone. Before we left, I asked my dad where we could go other then Carson's house (the neighbors). He said that there was a kid about my age of the family that he home-teaches. He told me where the house was, and then me and my bro went out front. One way went to Carson's, other one to Nick's (the kid my dad was talking about). We decided to go to Nick's, and when we got there, no one was in there. We waited there about a minute, then saw some kids running towards the house. we got out of the way, they ran in. We said "hi" then the kid said "hi" then I said "wanna be friends" and he was all like "yeah sure whatever I dont care" (I'll always remember that) and we were best friends since then.

About a year ago, we called each other "Dude" and stuff. He started calling me names and stuff, and nearly killed me once.

His older brother which is closer to my age, started hanging out with me. Nick almost never came over, but his older brother, Ryan did.

Ryan is probably the nicest kid I've ever met, by far. He's also a really good friend.

All Nick really did was insult my little sister, which I didn't like. I told him to Shut Up once, and he just called me [said name] and walked out. Wow.

Anyway, that's not the point.

Today, Ryan came over. We had lots of fun. He told me that I should know something. He said that the reason Nick didn't like me anymore was because I don't insult my sister, and I don't play Baseball or Football (first of all, football is just a bunch of sweaty guys running around this huge grass field fighting over a stupid ball, and baseball, I'm bad at it)

And he got a new friend. His name is something like Somudoyayo. (what kind of a name is that)
What a horrible friend. From now on, I've been being Nice to him. And then he treats me like crap. That's it, I'm acting nice to Ryan and pretending like Nick isn't my friend anymore, BECAUSE HE ISN'T.

That's it. My best friend is Ryan, and the second best friends are All my Bros on Hamumu.
Old 08-29-2011, 08:11 PM   #2
Kerma
Conspiracy Wizard

Default Re: Friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boneheads1999 View Post
He started calling me names and stuff, and nearly killed me once.
why you considered this guy your friend I don't know
Old 08-29-2011, 08:19 PM   #3
HappyStikBeaver
Eyeball Tree Of Fury!

Thumbs down Pseudothread Funtime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boneheads1999
His name is something like Somudoyayo. (what kind of a name is that)
Some people in other countries might think "Tommy" is a funny name. Don't judge them based on that... they could be a nice person.

Last edited by HappyStikBeaver; 08-29-2011 at 08:20 PM. Reason: Pseudoedit
HappyStikBeaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 09:06 PM   #4
Megadog
The Demagogue

I have a friend who doesn't treat me to well, but I guess this is a bit different, after all, my example is more the self destructive swirl that is the inner core of the group I'm friends with. Honestly, if he said "I don't care" when you asked to be friends, there's a good indication that he would be as shallow as to not like you over arbitrary things. I would, however, make sure your friend Ryan isn't blowing things out of proportion. Brothers are known to do that. For all you know, Nick could be feeling neglected, as if his brother stole you away from him (It's happened to me :P). Furthermore, I see nothing wrong with getting other friends. I have friends that don't like my other friends, but I get along with both of them. You holding him having another friend against him is as arbitrary as him holding said reasons against you.

Now, keeping more globally on topic, I had a nice case of nostalgia this morning, where, for the first time since the start of the year, the weather was warm enough to eat lunch in the middle of the quad (Square patch of grass between four lines of rooms). Good times, good times.
Old 08-29-2011, 09:28 PM   #5
Boneheads
King of the Boneheads

@Kerma: I might be overreacting, but he threw a skateboard to me which almost hit my neck, he also got really extremely mad at me and threw a sharp disc at my neck (so from now on I am extremely defensive, and yes I agree with you, he is not my friend in any way now)

@HappyStikBeaver: He's from America. He thinks my name is normal. And they are extremely rude, so I left the house whispering "forget this crap"

@Megadog: Oh don't worry, Nick is fine without me. AFAIK, He thinks I am Mentally Challenged (oh and btw he is extremely sexist and racist; we have a nice friend named tyler who is black, and nick makes fun of his race 99% of the time)
(and he makes fun of mentally challenged; I do not like this one bit)
Which is so wrong in so many ways
Old 08-29-2011, 10:05 PM   #6
Megadog
The Demagogue

Does he say it in a derogatory way, or a joking way? Not that it makes it OK, but he may just think that you friend is OK with it.

Also, don't say mentally challenged, it tells us nothing. For instance, I'm mentally challenged in the sense that I have a mental disorder, but I'm one of the smartest kids in my year. If you mean what is know as cabbage in NZ (Very dull, doesn't really get things, or want to) then that's normal, that happens. Again, not saying it's right, but that's life. And if you mean slightly less smart than normal, then just ignore him. There's nothing wrong with not being smart.

Honestly though, I can't give a too whole hearted opinion on this, given I know niether him nor the offline you. But just make sure your right about what your doing. Considering you've made it perfectly clear that your homeschooled, I would doubt you come in contact with a large surplus of people, so finding new friends may be harder than you expect.

Oh, and don't get into the mindset of "I have a few really good friends, my life is set." Hit around 16, and this can cause major head problems. It happened to me, but I managed to dig my way out of it.

So yeah, just make sure you are sure, before you server a link. It can be pretty hard to reform it afterwards, trust me.
Old 08-29-2011, 11:41 PM   #7
Felixrain
has transformed!

Location: That's a good question. I'm not quite sure at the moment, give me a little time to think about it.

I see where you're coming from. Years and years ago, I had a "friend" who turned into a bully who mostly picked on his other "friends", including me. That's why I'm homeschooled now. It put me off getting any other friends which is why I haven't.
[rant] In my opinion, you should only get friends if you want to get friends, because it seems slightly compulsory these days. However, if they weren't treated as such, then I'd probably get some, because what I hate about global society is the unfounded needs for socialization. People can't box everybody into one category and say "everyone will socialize it is nature" because there days, there are a lot of people with asbergers/autism (one of them very likely me, no way to scientifically prove it yet though). Plus, I don't really see the need for socialization in the first place, and any reason anyody gives I don't see in any way as feasible.
[/rant]
- A spambot
Felixrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 12:05 AM   #8
Megadog
The Demagogue

Proving autism is blatantly possible. Also, I'm friends with lots of kids with asburgers, and even apparently have it, though very acutely, as to not really effect my life at all :P.
Old 08-30-2011, 04:43 AM   #9
Pumpkineater
Sonic Rainboom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boneheads1999 View Post
@Kerma: I might be overreacting, but he threw a skateboard to me which almost hit my neck, he also got really extremely mad at me and threw a sharp disc at my neck (so from now on I am extremely defensive, and yes I agree with you, he is not my friend in any way now)
Complaining about how he almost killed you is not overreacting. Being defensive is perfectly justified. It would be unreasonable not to be.
Quote:
@HappyStikBeaver: He's from America. He thinks my name is normal. And they are extremely rude, so I left the house whispering "forget this crap"
In the vast majority of cases, people don't get to choose their name. It is therefore unreasonable to give them crap about it. I am going to name my first daughter Rainbow Dash , so that she will be 20% cooler than all her friends. Anybody who dares bully any of my kids will be reported to the police.
Quote:
@Megadog: Oh don't worry, Nick is fine without me. AFAIK, He thinks I am Mentally Challenged (oh and btw he is extremely sexist and racist; we have a nice friend named tyler who is black, and nick makes fun of his race 99% of the time)
(and he makes fun of mentally challenged; I do not like this one bit)
Which is so wrong in so many ways
I don't know if you are mentally challenged, but I couldn't care less if you were. Friendship should be based on common interests and views, not race, gender, or mental status. I have Asperger's and I never even came close to feeling bad about it, as it defines who I am and has helped me in life numerous times. This may come off a bit wrong, but if that guy has sexist and racist views, then he does not really deserve friends. Such discrimination is stupid, fascist, and simply terrible. Just avoid him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Megadog View Post
Also, don't say mentally challenged, it tells us nothing. For instance, I'm mentally challenged in the sense that I have a mental disorder, but I'm one of the smartest kids in my year. If you mean what is know as cabbage in NZ (Very dull, doesn't really get things, or want to) then that's normal, that happens. Again, not saying it's right, but that's life. And if you mean slightly less smart than normal, then just ignore him. There's nothing wrong with not being smart.
I am going to expand on this and say that there is nothing wrong with having any kind of mental disorder, as there is nothing wrong with having a specific gender, race, religion (or lack of one), sexual orientation, interest, or habit (as long as that does not interfere with other people's rights. Recreational use of cannabis is a perfect example of this, as even though it is illegal, it is also completely harmless if used responsibly.).
Quote:
Honestly though, I can't give a too whole hearted opinion on this, given I know niether him nor the offline you. But just make sure your right about what your doing. Considering you've made it perfectly clear that your homeschooled, I would doubt you come in contact with a large surplus of people, so finding new friends may be harder than you expect.

Oh, and don't get into the mindset of "I have a few really good friends, my life is set." Hit around 16, and this can cause major head problems. It happened to me, but I managed to dig my way out of it.

So yeah, just make sure you are sure, before you server a link. It can be pretty hard to reform it afterwards, trust me.
All points here are valid. If friendship is an important part of your life, you want to be very careful about it.
Pumpkineater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 04:04 PM   #10
texasjoshua
Secretly Dr. Lunatic

For Once I mainly agree with Pumkineater :P

I'm gonna share with ya'll part of my life,

Up till middle school I was one of those kids who didn't particularly care about what people thought about me.(I was probably pretty annoying and self-deluded.....) When I got to middle school for me things got pretty rough, I more came about the realization that during my time in elementary school the people I were playing with were all just bully's. Middle School was tough for me, I was in for council-ling several different times, but because it wasn't physical bullying there wasn't much anyone could do about it......

7th grade I though I found a group of friends, stayed that way for about a year, until I found out that at least 2 of them were making fun of me behind my back, I thought though that the other two really were my friends..... I was wrong. One day I confronted my "friend" and asked the other two agree with me and stop putting up with the other two. Both declined. I did the lonely thing for a while, then I got to ninth grade when I moved schools and found some great friends.

Sometimes you don't have the best of friends and people can be mean, that happens, its part of life. And while it may not be fun, its what made me the person I am today. Life lesson and all that. If you really think he isn't your friend then give it some time, may never change but you never know. On the other hand if Ryan's your friend keep it that way. Friendship doesn't seem like much till you lose it.

To end my story on a happy note, ever since I moved schools and found some friends we've all been friends ever since, Life Happens occasionally but until then enjoy it.

Please actually also consider what everyone is saying here, its sometimes tough but its important.
texasjoshua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 07:03 PM   #11
justinbieber
Puny Mortal

I need new friends because i am new to this site i need friends to talk to.
Old 12-27-2011, 08:25 AM   #12
King Krazy
resident mandolinist

Strangely I was friends with both a Carson and a Nick, and there was a jerk at that same school named Ryan. Not really any insight, just odd is all.
My amp: Fishman ACG-20 (discontinued)
King Krazy is offline   Reply With Quote