Password Register
Latest Journal update: Oct 23, 2017
Old 01-21-2012, 05:27 PM   #1
Boneheads
King of the Boneheads

Default The ACTA Thread

Linky. I hate our goverment.

Also, this is International.

What have we done, as people on this earth.
Old 01-21-2012, 08:34 PM   #2
RandomCommander
Insert some Random Title here.

Location: Master Control of Time, Space and Chocolate Chip Cookies
Default Re: The ACTA Thread

STOP THINKING THINGS ARE WORSE THAN THEY ACTUALLY ARE.

Reason why? Read this wall of text!

I can see both sides of this argument. The US Government feared for the safety of their national security, so they decided to keep this option private at all costs. Unfortunately, it is eventual that someone would get a hold of a small piece of information and would want more, and when the someone in question asks for more, the government totally denies the offer. The Human's natural fear of the unknown and a sudden realization that one of the rights of the constitution (or an equally major law of some sort) is being violated, mania and rumors about this thing being an evil act start to set in, making people more afraid than they already are.

As the years go by, people are more and more wanting to get a hold of this information, and the government refuses to do this, for the government fears that if they do release this PIPA act, they will cause more damage than the people demanding to know the information already are causing (which is totally untrue to me.), and therefore keep it secret, not knowing it is a bad descision to do so. I mean, it's not like we would suddenly kick legal immigrants out of the USA just because they are suspicious of pirating software overseas, that would be crazy!

Just wanted to point this out. Thank you.

The Random Signature 2.0, now with 8% more POOTIS!
RandomCommander is offline   Reply With Quote