Hamumu Software Hamumu Software Hamumu Software
Name
Password Register
Latest Journal update: Oct 19, 2017

Go Back   Hamumu Forum > General > General Blabber

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-17-2012, 07:57 AM   #21
hyperme
Not Evil, Just British
 
hyperme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Britain
Posts: 1,322
Default Re: Republican Primaries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpkineater View Post
Are you crazy? How in the world does Ron Paul condone racism when he denounces the war on drugs because of its racism? Of course Ron Paul supported the We the People act, because he supports the rights of the states. Are states perfect? No. But it is a fact that the Union is a million times worse. Just as states can abuse their rights, so can the federal government. The difference here is the fact that while the states will harm their population, the federal government will harm the entire population and in many cases the rest of the world. Allowing the schools to teach creationism won't make America implode. Look, a significant partition of the American population already believes in creationism. Is it stupid? Is it destroying the world? No. Do you know what is destroying the world? Imperialism! You are arguing about education being a necessity. If not via religion, the government under Obama or a nonPaul republican will find another way to ruin education. The educational system in the US is terrible anyway. Do you know what is an incredible source of information and education? The internet. Yeah, that little thing the government would kill with SOPA if not for the incredible backlash (Wikipedia is shutting down on the 18th, SOPA and Protect IP are practically dead now). There are going to be a million more SOPAs, because the establishment will benefit from generalized stupidity. You may argue that Ron Paul will cause that by adding creationism to schools, but that is ridiculous. First of all, creationism is already taught at schools, and secondly the internet is a much more effective source of information, and Ron Paul realized that it needs to be protected, and will fight against any law that resembles SOPA.

"THEY NEVER LISTEN" because "they" know there actually are real issues in the establishment other than kids being taught that the magic guy made us and states being allowed not to recognize gay marriage.
{words removed because}

On the bright side, Paul wouldn't be able to do anything if he got it, because it would mean a Republican majority. The irony is funny.
__________________
This space unintentionally left blank

Last edited by hyperme; 01-17-2012 at 08:41 AM. Reason: actually let's not do that
hyperme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 05:43 PM   #22
Mr.Onion
Evil, random-voting vegetable
 
Mr.Onion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Down at the shore where there's no-one vacationing.
Posts: 4,862
Default Re: Republican Primaries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpkineater View Post
First of all, creationism is already taught at schools...
If that's true, personally I'm amazed it hasn't balkanized already.
__________________
Mr.Onion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 10:57 PM   #23
HappyStikBeaver
Eyeball Tree Of Fury!
 
HappyStikBeaver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: yes
Posts: 498
Thumbs down Pumpkineater and friends

Sorry to intrude on this thread, since I know nothing about the subject or politics in general, but Creationism is not taught in schools unless they are private. The closest thing is the fact that kids are forced to pledge allegiance to a nation "under god"... Don't get me started on America's Pledge of Allegiance. It goes completely against the constitution and is unfair to young kids who should make the choice of religion on their own. I'm sure hearing all of their friends pledge to a country under god has some affect on kids who are to young to understand it's wrong. They just think that's what they're supposed to do and they accept it as fact.

Last edited by HappyStikBeaver; 01-17-2012 at 10:59 PM. Reason: Pseudoedit
HappyStikBeaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 05:47 AM   #24
Pumpkineater
Sonic Rainboom!
 
Pumpkineater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Greece
Posts: 1,385
Default Re: Pumpkineater and friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyStikBeaver View Post
Sorry to intrude on this thread, since I know nothing about the subject or politics in general, but Creationism is not taught in schools unless they are private. The closest thing is the fact that kids are forced to pledge allegiance to a nation "under god"... Don't get me started on America's Pledge of Allegiance. It goes completely against the constitution and is unfair to young kids who should make the choice of religion on their own. I'm sure hearing all of their friends pledge to a country under god has some affect on kids who are to young to understand it's wrong. They just think that's what they're supposed to do and they accept it as fact.
Hey, do you know what's a million times worse than kids accepting god as fact? Kids that don't get to do so because they are killed by US troops or US drone strikes. Yeah, maybe we should leave our little shell and look at the big picture for once.
Pumpkineater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 07:49 AM   #25
Mr.Onion
Evil, random-voting vegetable
 
Mr.Onion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Down at the shore where there's no-one vacationing.
Posts: 4,862
Default Re: Pumpkineater and friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpkineater View Post
Hey, do you know what's a million times worse than kids accepting god as fact? Kids that don't get to do so because they are killed by US troops or US drone strikes. Yeah, maybe we should leave our little shell and look at the big picture for once.
Your argument sounds awfully like electing Hitler because he'll make the trains run on time. He did, but he was still quite possibly the most unsuitable person to be leader.

Obviously, I'm exaggerating, but I think it's the same underlying logic. Solving one problem does not give you any leeway to make absolutely [fill in the adjective] decisions on others.
__________________
Mr.Onion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 08:46 AM   #26
Pewskeepski
Peanut Gallery
 
Pewskeepski's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: A deep, dark, icy dungeon beneath Antarctica!
Posts: 1,269
Default Re: Republican Primaires

Personally, I think this country's freedom will be it's own undoing once that said freedom becomes absolute.

Freedom makes conflict if not filtered.
__________________
There is no such thing as a stupid idea.
Pewskeepski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 11:15 AM   #27
Pumpkineater
Sonic Rainboom!
 
Pumpkineater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Greece
Posts: 1,385
Default Re: Pumpkineater and friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Onion View Post
Your argument sounds awfully like electing Hitler because he'll make the trains run on time. He did, but he was still quite possibly the most unsuitable person to be leader.

Obviously, I'm exaggerating, but I think it's the same underlying logic. Solving one problem does not give you any leeway to make absolutely [fill in the adjective] decisions on others.
No, my argument is like electing Hitler when the other choices are Sauron, Palpantine, and Satan. Although a terrible one, Hitler would be by far the best choice.
Pumpkineater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 11:26 AM   #28
Megadog
The Demagogue
 
Megadog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: At home duhhh!
Posts: 2,416
Default Re: Pumpkineater and friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Onion View Post
Hitler because he'll make the trains run on time.
Wasn't the one of the other dictators of that time. I think it was Mussolini, but I'm not sure...
__________________
Back to the roots: Lets put the Hamumu back into Hamumu Forums!
Megadog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 11:48 AM   #29
hyperme
Not Evil, Just British
 
hyperme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Britain
Posts: 1,322
Default Re: Republican Primaires

Dictatorships don't actually make the trains run on time. The Swiss system, where Geneva to Zurich is composed of two to four rails, makes the trains run on time. Because if they don't, the entire system runs on time.

Also Pumpkineater, how about this: We'll let you gush about how Ron Paul is the messiah, and how all other potenial Presidents are the hypothetical offsprings of Xykon and Kira. However, if he drops out of the race, you stop talking about him until, say 2015. Sounds fair?
__________________
This space unintentionally left blank
hyperme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 02:04 PM   #30
Pumpkineater
Sonic Rainboom!
 
Pumpkineater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Greece
Posts: 1,385
Default Re: Republican Primaires

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyperme View Post
Also Pumpkineater, how about this: We'll let you gush about how Ron Paul is the messiah, and how all other potenial Presidents are the hypothetical offsprings of Xykon and Kira. However, if he drops out of the race, you stop talking about him until, say 2015. Sounds fair?
This post doesn't even have a point other than a semi-hidden ad hominem attack. ಠ_ಠ
Pumpkineater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 02:12 PM   #31
Mr.Onion
Evil, random-voting vegetable
 
Mr.Onion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Down at the shore where there's no-one vacationing.
Posts: 4,862
Default Re: Republican Primaires

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpkineater View Post
This post doesn't even have a point other than a semi-hidden ad hominem attack. ಠ_ಠ
It's not an ad hominem; he's not saying you're wrong because you're you. He's saying you're wrong, and unrelatedly asking you to be quiet.
__________________
Mr.Onion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 03:03 PM   #32
PlasmaCannonsRule
Exploder of Communist Penguins
 
PlasmaCannonsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: An overly-cliche'd fantasy world called Earth.
Posts: 2,532
Default Re: Republican Primaires

So I decided to log into this site for the first time in months and found this thread. A couple statements I'd like to make about Ron Paul;

1) While he himself personally does not approve of homosexuality and is a creationist, he has stated that these will not affect his legislature. In fact, he voted in support of repealing the Don't Ask Don't Tell law.
2) His dislike of the Civil Rights Act was aimed more at towards the specifics of how the law was enacted, not of the sentiment behind it. His opposition to the bill was more related to how easy it was for people to make baseless racial discrimination claims than any kind of bigotry on his part.
3) The main reason I support Ron Paul (although I cringe at those hailing him as the Messiah) is that he is against the recent string of tyrannical laws recently flowing through Congress (SOPA\PIPA, Patriot Act, NDAA)

However, I acknowledge that 1) Mitt Romney is more likely to be nominated than Ron Paul and 2) That Ron Paul isn't perfect and isn't the miracle solution to America's crisis. Even if Ron Paul had a perfect knowledge of how to fix the country, he'd still have to fight through this nation's horribly corrupt Congress to do so.
__________________
Sigs are for the weak.
PlasmaCannonsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 03:22 PM   #33
hyperme
Not Evil, Just British
 
hyperme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Britain
Posts: 1,322
Default Re: Republican Primaires

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlasmaCannonsRule View Post
he has stated that these will not affect his legislature.
Politicians state a lot of things. That doesn't make the those things true.
__________________
This space unintentionally left blank
hyperme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 04:03 PM   #34
Pumpkineater
Sonic Rainboom!
 
Pumpkineater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Greece
Posts: 1,385
Default Re: Republican Primaires

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyperme View Post
Politicians state a lot of things. That doesn't make the those things true.
Ron Paul has an incredibly long voting record of staying true to his values. Don't trivialize this by making generalizations about "Politicians".
Pumpkineater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 03:21 AM   #35
Blackduck
Original Kool Kat
Moderator
 
Blackduck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Duck Pond
Posts: 1,455
Send a message via ICQ to Blackduck Send a message via AIM to Blackduck Send a message via MSN to Blackduck
Default Re: Republican Primaires

South Carolina primaries are now over, along with some interesting updates along the way, so let's not dilly-dally any longer!

South Carolina has a winner

Newt Gingrich takes the lead with 40.4% of the votes, a large lead over Mitt Romney's 27.8%. Rick Santorum tried to hang in there, ending third with 17% of the votes, but he still has the chance to make a comeback. Newt Gingrich's advantage was in fact large enough so that nearly all the precincts of South Carolina were won by him. This puts Newt back in the driver's seat after a disastrous slide in Iowa for a chance at the presidency. South Carolina also gets a good reputation for usually picking the candidate that ends up winning the Republican nomination. Will this still be true? Hard to tell!

Santorum won Iowa

As Iowa was a very very close race, they did a recount of the votes in all the precincts and it turns out Rick Santorum won Iowa! This is really disastrous news for Mitt Romney because this means that the current results are

1 state carried by Mitt
1 state carried by Newt
1 state carried by Rick

This may mean it'll end up being a 3 way race between them.

Rick Perry drops out

After completely making a fool of himself and doing badly in all the primaries, Rick Perry has decided to drop out for the bid for Republican nominee, throwing his support over to Newt Gingrich.

Next up is Florida, which will be held in January 31st.
__________________
Download Hank's Toolbox to mod your Loonyland 2 or use these reference files to learn more about making your own mods!

Last edited by Blackduck; 01-22-2012 at 03:23 AM.
Blackduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 01:56 PM   #36
hyperme
Not Evil, Just British
 
hyperme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Britain
Posts: 1,322
Default Re: Republican Primaires

In fact every single Republican potenial candidate is pretty much a terrible person.

Santorum is an evil, hateful 'Christian'.
Gingrich violated the marriage he claims is so important when his wife had cancer.
Paul is conman whose policies would tear apart the USA.
Romney is a Mormon. But seriously, I'll go check what's he's actually done. Something 1%y I think.
__________________
This space unintentionally left blank

Last edited by hyperme; 01-24-2012 at 08:12 AM.
hyperme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 11:40 PM   #37
HappyStikBeaver
Eyeball Tree Of Fury!
 
HappyStikBeaver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: yes
Posts: 498
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyperme
Romney is a Mormon
I understand how that could potentially lead to bad decision making based on beliefs, but... ouch. Let's try not to be that prejudice.

Last edited by HappyStikBeaver; 01-23-2012 at 11:42 PM. Reason: Pseudoedit
HappyStikBeaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 08:12 AM   #38
hyperme
Not Evil, Just British
 
hyperme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Britain
Posts: 1,322
Default Re: Republican Primaires

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyStikBeaver View Post
I understand how that could potentially lead to bad decision making based on beliefs, but... ouch. Let's try not to be that prejudice.
Oops. I meant to put a thing to show that was a joke, because what even is a Mormon?
__________________
This space unintentionally left blank
hyperme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 02:12 PM   #39
Megadog
The Demagogue
 
Megadog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: At home duhhh!
Posts: 2,416
Default Re: Republican Primaires

A religion, and one that encourages you to try and convert others. At least, that's what I've been told. It also has no punishment for polygamists, though that is still frowned upon.

I don't, however, see that having much of an effect on the whole country, so I'd let it slide.
__________________
Back to the roots: Lets put the Hamumu back into Hamumu Forums!

Last edited by Jamul; 01-24-2012 at 04:33 PM. Reason: let's not phrase it that way
Megadog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 08:26 AM   #40
hyperme
Not Evil, Just British
 
hyperme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Britain
Posts: 1,322
Default Re: Republican Primaires

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megadog View Post
A religion, and one that encourages you to try and convert others.
Just like nearly every religion on the planet, in some way or an another.

Quote:
At least, that's what I've been told. It also has no punishment for polygamists, though that is still frowned upon.
And that's terrible, apparently.


Also, since the Ron Paul Report contained racist content, and Ron Paul is consistant in his views, doesn't that make him racist now? And if the contents of the just mentioned news letter thing weren't his beliefs, he has no business running a country.
__________________
This space unintentionally left blank

Last edited by hyperme; 01-25-2012 at 08:30 AM.
hyperme is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Site Map
Copyright 2017, Hamumu Games Inc.