Hamumu Software Hamumu Software Hamumu Software
Name
Password Register
Latest Journal update: Oct 17, 2017
Old 09-26-2012, 11:32 AM   #1
zookrj
Medium Mortal

Default Tomb of darkness help, please

I managed to navigate the upper right section through the "weeds" with the help of flaming deadheads, but am stopped by a "weed" from which a post floats upwards (same post appeared when I entered the section crossing the leftmost tile at the entrance). Any hints would be appreciated.

Also, to the left of the mystic hammer is a chamber with a switch surrounded by a wall that I can't figure out how to drop. Again, any hints would be appreciated.

I'm guessing that once I get this one of the two mystic hammers that I don't have (the other is in the upper left tomb) I will be able to teleport? I keep finding teleport pads but haven't teleported, yet. It seems I need to teleport to be able to access the upper left tomb as I can't get through the dead trees and there is a pair of pads at the top. Am I at least thinking along the correct path?

Last one: Underhollow: I can see another chamber to the left of the teleport pad surrounded by posts, but can't find a way in. I'm guessing once I do I will be able to access the chamber above from which I keep hearing zombies. Hints that lead in the correct direction are appreciated!
Old 09-27-2012, 08:50 PM   #2
SpaceManiac
Veteran Programmer

Default Re: Tomb of darkness help, please

If I recall correctly that post is the one you have to control using your arrow keys. I believe completing that puzzle should drop one of the barriers to the Sparkthrower (might be the only one left as you described it). The teleport pads require the Dumb-forget-the-name (the purple one) - I think there's a back entrance to the temple that looks like it needs teleport pad access because within it is where you get the Dumb hammer. The Underhollow you will need all 6 hammers to get all the way through.
SpaceManiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 09:09 PM   #3
HappyStikBeaver
Eyeball Tree Of Fury!

Thumbs down nope.avi

The switch you see is actually reachable by solving puzzles after the maze of insanity, on the upper left part of the map.

The barrel puzzle is pretty tough, but I think SM covered that one.

As for the hollow, if you don't have all of the hammers, chances are these aren't puzzles you can complete yet!
You won't be able to finish this section until you have every hammer, preferably leveled up past 5. About the teleporters, yeah, you're on the right path.

Oh, and the purple hammer is the Planetsmasher.

Last edited by HappyStikBeaver; 09-27-2012 at 09:10 PM. Reason: Pseudoedit
HappyStikBeaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 09:01 AM   #4
zookrj
Medium Mortal

Thanks for the help. I actually stumbled upon the "solution" to the barrel puzzles, although still haven't been able to get the first barrel to its goal (Second one was relatively easy, in my opinion, as Bouapha isn't an issue). For some reason the first barrel didn't materialize until after I had gotten all the way across, solved the second barrel puzzle and released the beetles. So now, in addition to getting the barrel to the goal, I have to do it without a beetle destroying the barrel! Almost made it twice when the barrel hit a beetle.

Also, thanks for confirming that I need the Planetsmasher and 6th Mystic Hammer to complete Under Hollow.
Old 09-29-2012, 11:48 AM   #5
zookrj
Medium Mortal

I navigated the first barrel to what I thought was the correct place as the gong sounded and the wall changed to what I have always thought of as the "alien portal" which allowed me to go to a dark room, flip a switch and pick up two candles. Since the barrel still appears is there another place I need to navigate it? I have tried to navigate it to where the second barrel appears, but it doesn't seem to want to go into that area or my aim is off. It sure seems like I have hit above, below, and right on the break in the wall. I enjoy a challenge as much as the next person, but I need to know I am at least on the right track, here.

I have been through the Maze of Insanity, the previously identified switch is the one to the left of the maze, surrounded by a wall. I believe it is two rooms south of the one with the three Lazybones.

Later: I completed the tomb of darkness except for the one switch to the left of the maze of insanity. Have all six hammers so time to move on!

Much later: Turns out the "switch" to the left of the maze was a lamp that needed to be lit with a hammer.

Last edited by zookrj; 09-29-2012 at 07:14 PM. Reason: Solved it
zookrj is offline   Reply With Quote