Name
Password Register
Latest Journal update: Oct 22, 2017

Go Back   Hamumu Forum > Games > Mafia & Forum Games

Old 12-07-2012, 09:43 PM   #81
sonicchaos1993
Chaos sold separately.

Default Re: Mafia 22: Borderlands Mafia

As the sun sets, everyone returns from their missions, except for cyberclone42. After investigating, the town discovers that he was killed by seamonkey.

At the time of his death, cyberclone was a Hyperion Robot, and had 0 Eridium on his person. He will revive with a random role Day 6. Note that due to revivals, cult members were not given the identities of fellow cult members.

Megadog has also been revived.

It is now Night 5. Sunrise in 48 hours.

Alive Players (5 to lynch)
Gigacat
tylerseeg
Boneheads1999
Julian
seamonkey
do be do be do ba
Pewskeepski
Megadog

Players Awaiting Revival
cyberclone42 (Day 6)

Casualty List
Blue indicates Vault Hunter, Red indicates Hyperion.
Pewskeepski (Roland, killed on mission Day 2 with 0E)
Megadog (Axton, killed by Pewskeepski Night 4 with 0E)
. Yellow Wizard . (Maya, killed by a Thresher Maw for lurking Night 4 with 1E)
cyberclone42 (Hyperion Robot, killed by seamonkey Day 5 with 0E)

Also, if anybody is interested in replacing tylerseeg that isn't already playing, PM me.

AGLA FL15 Pro Circuit Champion - Tank for Hybrid Theory (AGLA) - Captain/Hybrid for Zero Logic (GGL)
sonicchaos1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 04:46 PM   #82
do be do be do ba
PERRY! THE PLATAPUS!

What's a hyperion robot do?

Last edited by do be do be do ba; 12-08-2012 at 04:46 PM.
do be do be do ba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 05:52 PM   #83
sonicchaos1993
Chaos sold separately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by do be do be do ba View Post
What's a hyperion robot do?
Hyperion Robots are this game's equivalent of a cult member.

AGLA FL15 Pro Circuit Champion - Tank for Hybrid Theory (AGLA) - Captain/Hybrid for Zero Logic (GGL)
Old 12-10-2012, 09:38 PM   #84
seamonkey
spoon eater

Someone is close to winning. Therefore killing people is good. Random (kinda, I eliminated people who have already died), Vote: Tylerseeg
seamonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 09:52 PM   #85
texasjoshua
Secretly Dr. Lunatic

Vote: Pewskeepski!
texasjoshua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 10:49 PM   #86
sonicchaos1993
Chaos sold separately.

The Vault has been opened! Julian, who was, in fact, Handsome Jack, has taken control of the power within the Vault. With it, all of Pandora shall soon fall under Hyperion control...

The Hyperion Corporation (cult) has won!

Roles:
Gigacat - Guardian Angel
Gained 1 Eridium at the start of each day/night phase and couldn't be killed. Had the ability to have me post something on his behalf at the start of each phase.

tylerseeg - Hyperion Robot
Cult member, had no other special abilities.

Boneheads1999 - Hyperion Mining Robot
Cult member. As long as he was alive, the cult gained 1 extra Eridium each night.

Julian - Handsome Jack
Cult leader. Could recruit one player each night. Gained Eridium equal to the number of cult members each night.

seamonkey - Hyperion E-Loader
Cult member. If killed, he would explode, taking his killer/lyncher with him.

do be do be do ba - Zer0
Vault Hunter. Could hide from night actions using Eridium.

Pewskeepski - Assassin
Vault Hunter. Could hide from night actions using Eridium.

Megadog - Hyperion Robot
He doesn't even know this since I was too lazy to sent out Night PMs last night since the cult had won, but he was recruited by the cult last night.

texasjoshua- Marcus
Neutral. Each night, could sell a random weapon to another player to earn Eridium.

A couple notes on how the game worked:
-Party leaders could only successfully recruit other Vault Hunters. Attempting to recruit a cult member, a neutral player, or a player using a hide ability would result in failure.
-Respawning gave you a random role, and had approximately a 12.5% chance of respawning the player as a Hyperion Robot.

My thoughts:
I don't think I've ever had such horrible memory in my life. I can't even count the amount of times that I sent a PM, forgot to include something important, and had to send a second PM with the missing information. I also managed to forget about missions during one day phase, which was a bit embarrassing.

As far as the game itself goes, I wasn't very happy with the way things turned out, and I think a big part of that was just due to the fact that the setup was a bit rushed. Originally I was planning on having some more time during Felixrain's game to work out any kinks in the setup, but obviously that never happened.

The one key thing that killed this game was the complete lack of death until late in the game. The entire point of respawns was that the town could lynch quickly and often, countering the quick growth of the cult. Instead, a lynch never occured, and discussion was, for the most part, nonexistent, letting the cult grow unchecked and giving them an easy win. Giving everybody a kill managed to cause some deaths but barely even led to discussion, which I was a bit disappointed by. If I were to run something like this again, one of the first things I would change is give everybody the ability to nightkill from the start of the game. This was, in fact, an idea I originally toyed with (which is why a number of players had the ability to hide), but in the end scrapped because I was worried nobody would win due to constant deaths.

Another key part of this game that didn't really work out was the Guardian Angel. This role received updated Eridium reports at the start of each phase and knew exactly how much Eridium each player had. Although they weren't allowed to disclose this information, they could use it to manipulate the town to attack certain targets through the "post via host" ability. Unfortunately that didn't really happen.

All things considered, I still like the concept of having the game be sort of "free-for-all," but key parts of the game definitely need to be revisited. Mainly, the cult wasn't an obvious threat to everyone else as I intended it to be, which stopped everyone from playing as a sort of "combined town" against the cult, then fighting amongst themselves once the cult was gone.

Last edited by sonicchaos1993; 12-10-2012 at 10:52 PM. Reason: Continuing my streak of forgetting things
Old 12-11-2012, 02:28 AM   #87
Gigacat
Pinkie Pirate!

Interesting game. I think the total lack of talk was to blame for most of the easy win, and I was as bad as many for that. I was the angel and shouldve probably tried to get a lynch. Yeah. Couldve been very fun I think.
Old 12-11-2012, 01:39 PM   #88
Julian
Is a ninja

Send a message via MSN to Julian

I would have to agree that this game didn't work out too well. I won, but it feels like a pretty cheap win. This game would have been a lot better in a more active community, like Hamumu a year ago.

Anyway, it was still a great idea. I like experimental games, so I have no problem even if they are horribly, horribly broken (this one was't really, it was just players letting the cult win).
Julian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 08:16 PM   #89
texasjoshua
Secretly Dr. Lunatic

Yea, I was trying to get talk going but sadly no one really participated much, a bit of a shame, otherwise a fascinating concept.
texasjoshua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 09:00 PM   #90
cyberclone42
I'm not here.

I understood nothing! :D

But it was a nice concept. Good game, I guess?
Not like much happened.
Old 12-13-2012, 10:14 AM   #91
Pewskeepski
Peanut Gallery

Aww, Julian was actually my first choice for a kill, but I went with Megadog instead...