Hamumu Software Hamumu Software Hamumu Software
Name
Password Register
Latest Journal update: Nov 2, 2017
Old 08-28-2013, 08:53 AM   #61
texasjoshua
Secretly Dr. Lunatic

Default Re: Mafia Mafia

Alright, I'll go ahead and explain this game.

So there we're three teams. Mafia Group 1, Mafia Group 2, and the inept Detective group. Mafia Group 1 and 2 were identical, there goal was to wipe out the other mafia group(not knowing there was another mafia group) without killing the detectives in the process. The mafia decided as a whole whether they would inspect or kill, if they inspected they simply determined whether or not the individual was an inept detective. If the mafia targeted an inept detective the person who sent the kill would die in the process. Also, interesting note. Teamwork hash-tag, if i had received to conflicting requests neither would have happened. I tried to leave that open for the mafia to decide.

The inept detectives were interesting. While it would have been really funny if it had wound up a town victory the mission objective of the detectives was to survive, basically giving them a reason to try to control lynches and spook them a little. They were informed whenever anyone inspected them but not told who or why.(Practically whenever anyone was inspected 2/3 the game knew it). The inspectors could inspect and in fact i would have told them that anyone they inspected was mafia(unless they inspected themselves in which case they would show up town) leaving it to them to decide what it meant. Also whenever anyone died there was a 50% chance per detective alive of hiding the role of whoever died(ie. they destroyed the evidence accidentally).

I thought this game was a lot of fun. If i had had 8 people there would have been a third mafia, making the inter-mafia exchange even more interesting. I am really disappointed that no one used the talking at night rule or lynching to there advantage. Had either the town or either of the mafia's tried to lynch somebody the way the game played out might have changed significantly.

Any questions comments concerns as to this game?
texasjoshua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 08:54 AM   #62
texasjoshua
Secretly Dr. Lunatic

Default Re: Mafia Mafia

Sadly neither seamonkey nor megadog took advantage of the inspecting option, it would have been funny to see what they did with it.
texasjoshua is offline   Reply With Quote