Hamumu Software Hamumu Software Hamumu Software
Name
Password Register
Latest Journal update: Oct 18, 2017
Old 09-22-2013, 01:11 AM   #1
.Blue Dwarf.
King of the Shrooms

Thumbs down Youtube

Would you like to use your full name? (AKA, the real name you have on your gmail/google/whatever account)

No thank you, I prefer to use this username I created when I signed up. If I had wanted to use my real name, I'd have done that in the first place. Plus I already said no when you asked earlier.

Oh? Here's some more options!

No, I don't want any of that. Please leave me alone, this is the seventeenth time you've asked me.
[Alternatively, the 'Other Options' window simply refuses to load and you just have to X out of it]

OK, we'll ask you again later.

Old 09-22-2013, 03:15 AM   #2
sonicchaos1993
Chaos sold separately.

Default Re: Youtube

Google has done a fantastic job of taking a service that was originally fantastic and making it an absolute pain to use.

It's particularly bad for channel owners considering that YT changes the layout every couple of months with no option to stay on the old one.

AGLA FL15 Pro Circuit Champion - Tank for Hybrid Theory (AGLA) - Captain/Hybrid for Zero Logic (GGL)
sonicchaos1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 05:13 PM   #3
TyTBone
College Boi

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Blue Dwarf. View Post
Would you like to use your full name? (AKA, the real name you have on your gmail/google/whatever account)

No thank you, I prefer to use this username I created when I signed up. If I had wanted to use my real name, I'd have done that in the first place. Plus I already said no when you asked earlier.

Oh? Here's some more options!

No, I don't want any of that. Please leave me alone, this is the seventeenth time you've asked me.
[Alternatively, the 'Other Options' window simply refuses to load and you just have to X out of it]

OK, we'll ask you again later.

Yeah that's really been getting on my nerves, too.
Old 09-25-2013, 11:13 PM   #4
REACTOR
Question the trends!

Last edited by REACTOR; 09-25-2013 at 11:21 PM. Reason: I took it too far
REACTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 11:18 PM   #5
REACTOR
Question the trends!

Angry Re: Youtube

overacted

Last edited by REACTOR; 09-29-2013 at 09:09 PM. Reason: overacted
Old 09-26-2013, 03:12 AM   #6
Megadog
The Demagogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by REACTOR View Post
And what's going here, why does my total number of posts keep on saying 431.
It should actually be 434.
Posts in Total Mayhem don't count towards your post cost.
Old 09-26-2013, 05:04 PM   #7
REACTOR
Question the trends!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megadog View Post
Posts in Total Mayhem don't count towards your post cost.
Right, I see.
Old 09-26-2013, 11:26 PM   #8
REACTOR
Question the trends!

Thumbs down Re: Youtube

Quote:
Originally Posted by danny123 View Post
nice.
The post got deleted

Last edited by REACTOR; 09-29-2013 at 09:08 PM. Reason: The post got deleted
Old 09-29-2013, 09:07 PM   #9
REACTOR
Question the trends!

I don't feel safe

Last edited by REACTOR; 09-30-2013 at 10:54 PM.
Old 09-30-2013, 02:41 PM   #10
sonicchaos1993
Chaos sold separately.

Quote:
To get more serious to the point...

Youtube and Google are both data-miners. They get these little bits of information about you and form a profile about you. Be very careful because they can sometimes take control of your camera when you don't even know it, and take a picture of you. "Why would they do that", you ask, well I don't quite know, but one of the reasons would be to do personal spamming. I think there might be a connection between Google and Youtube. But I could be wrong. Everytime you make a search on Google or Youtube, it's recorded by the US goverment. I don't know why they would make such a big deal out of a person searching for a site but that's the system they have. From your point .Blue Dwarf., they asked you for your real name, you denied but they just didn't leave you alone. What they were trying to do, is make a profile of you.

Another thing is, never believe what they say. They will just lie to get you into a false sense of security.
Youtube/Google wants you to use your real name because Google is trying to connect all of its services - by using your real name it's trying connecting your Google+ account to your Youtube profile.

And yes, there is a connection between Google and Youtube: Google owns Youtube.

As to data mining... I very much doubt the US government tracks all of your searches. Even if they did it's far too much data to go though considering how many people use the Internet and how many Google searches are run a day. Google, as with many sites and search engines, however, does data mine to sell your information to advertisers and give you more "personalized" ads.

As far as "taking control of your webcam" goes... That's easily the most ridiculous conspiracy theory I've ever heard. Are some browsers capable of controlling your webcam if you give them permission do do so? Yes. But doing so with browser plugins has been around for many, many years without concerns, and realistically there isn't much (if anything) Google can gain from watching their users. Google is a company, their goal is to make profit. There isn't much profit to be made maintaining infrastructure to watch millions of people at a time use their computers.

AGLA FL15 Pro Circuit Champion - Tank for Hybrid Theory (AGLA) - Captain/Hybrid for Zero Logic (GGL)
Old 09-30-2013, 05:08 PM   #11
REACTOR
Question the trends!

I disagree with you on that point, lets take a retrospect view of Google,
Google started off as one of those companies where people could post what in their opinions may seem like government doing wrong and pictures of political wrong doings. Google at that time was doing the right thing by exposing Political immoral wrong doings. Back then Google was actually being fair with members by not exposing their real identities. But, the government caught on to them and told them that he would give money to them if they expose the real identities of their users. Google gladly accepted and all those poor people either got sent to Jail or even worse. From there on Google is a government controlled search engine. They do as you said, personal spamming to individuals but deep down inside, they are also looking for people who tell the truth. Telling the truth is a hard thing to do now in days because you could either get Jailed or as I said, even worse for pointing out wrong doings which high officials may be aware of but don't care.
As for the camera, Google can take control of your camera! Google uses the camera to see your expressions when you're looking on a site or at a product for sale. Your expression would tell Google whether this page bores you or it makes you happy. And as I said before the camera is used to take a picture of you.

Last edited by REACTOR; 10-01-2013 at 12:52 AM.
Old 09-30-2013, 08:38 PM   #12
sonicchaos1993
Chaos sold separately.

Quote:
I disagree with you on that point, lets take a retrospect view of Google,
Google started off as one of those companies where people could post what in their opinions may seem like government doing wrong and pictures of political wrong doings. Google at that time was doing the right thing by exposing Political immoral wrong doings. Back then Google was actually being fair with members by not exposing their real identities. But, the government caught on to them and told them that he would give money to them if they expose the real identities of their users. Google gladly accepted and all those poor people either got sent to Jail or even worse. From there on Google is a government controlled search engine. They do as you said, personal spamming to individuals but deep down inside, they are also looking for people who tell the truth. Telling the truth is a hard thing to do now in days because you could either get Jailed or as I said, even worse for pointing out wrong doings which high officials may be aware of but don't care.
As for the camera, Google can take control of your camera! Google uses the camera to see your expressions when you're looking on a site or at a product for sale. Your expression would tell Google whether this page bores you or it makes you happy. And as I said before the camera is used to take a picture of you.
Are you trolling? Because facts and logic do not back up a single point you make.

(Also, "government" is not a he)

Old 09-30-2013, 10:48 PM   #13
REACTOR
Question the trends!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicchaos1993 View Post
Are you trolling? Because facts and logic do not back up a single point you make.

(Also, "government" is not a he)
Okay, but first of all, I AM NOT TROLLING. Let me think about a more logical way to put this....
Oh and about those deleted posts, well I think google might be on to me...

Last edited by REACTOR; 09-30-2013 at 10:55 PM.
Old 09-30-2013, 11:06 PM   #14
texasjoshua
Secretly Dr. Lunatic

Quote:
Okay, but first of all, I AM NOT TROLLING. Let me think about a more logical way to put this....
Oh and about those deleted posts, well I think google might be on to me...
Theoretically if you already posted it on the internet the data is already out there. It wouldn't take much to read the deleted posts for a Google with the resources you suggest. Two, what are they going to do even if they are on to you? In fact your safer the more we debunk you as a conspiracy theorist.
texasjoshua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 11:25 PM   #15
.Blue Dwarf.
King of the Shrooms

I'm no expert on the subject, but I'm going to make some points anyway:
Quote:
Google started off as one of those companies where people could post what in their opinions may seem like government doing wrong and pictures of political wrong doings. Google at that time was doing the right thing by exposing Political immoral wrong doings.
Google started off as a search engine. People went there to look stuff up and find websties, they didn't go there to discuss, accuse, or anything of the sort. Google didn't expose any wrongdoings.

Quote:
Back then Google was actually being fair with members by not exposing their real identities. But, the government caught on to them and told them that he would give money to them if they expose the real identities of their users.
[citation needed]

This point also seems slightly irrelevant. Google could easily sell the government info about you, Google knows who you are. There is no logical reason for Google to expose your identity publically for the purpose of selling it to the Government. Just sell them the info, and no one would ever notice.

Quote:
Google gladly accepted and all those poor people either got sent to Jail or even worse.
Who went to jail? Did they go to jail for "telling the truth" or because they violated contracts they signed or even broke laws?

Cite your sources please, or at least give a specific example. You say these things happen, but you refuse to give any proof.

Quote:
From there on Google is a government controlled search engine. They do as you said, personal spamming to individuals but deep down inside, they are also looking for people who tell the truth. Telling the truth is a hard thing to do now in days because you could either get Jailed or as I said, even worse for pointing out wrong doings which high officials may be aware of but don't care.
Same issues as before. You say more words, but you don't really add anything.

Quote:
Sonicchaos explained his views on this. Your response basically completely ignores what he said, and restates your earlier claim. (With the added bogusness that they watch your facial expressions to see what you are thinking.)

All in all, you talk big. You say a lot of stuff. But you don't back ANY of it up. Virtually everything you say is pretty much false, and it's that specificity in being wrong that leads to the accusation of trolling.

Where are you getting your info? They are leading you astray. There are things to be mad about, the government isn't perfect, but this is just ridiculousness (In my opinion, as I said I am no expert. I don't hold all the info. But for the time being, the burden of proof lies on you)

Don't worry about not feeling safe. Well, you should be worried if you don't feel safe. That's some serious paranoia there. Nobody is out to get you, nobody is going to hunt you down for saying these things on the internet. Again, where ever you are getting this info, they are leading you down the wrong path.
Old 10-01-2013, 12:54 AM   #16
REACTOR
Question the trends!

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Blue Dwarf. View Post
I'm no expert on the subject, but I'm going to make some points anyway:

Google started off as a search engine. People went there to look stuff up and find websties, they didn't go there to discuss, accuse, or anything of the sort. Google didn't expose any wrongdoings.

[citation needed]

This point also seems slightly irrelevant. Google could easily sell the government info about you, Google knows who you are. There is no logical reason for Google to expose your identity publically for the purpose of selling it to the Government. Just sell them the info, and no one would ever notice. And the info, I forgot what site I got if from.

Who went to jail? Did they go to jail for "telling the truth" or because they violated contracts they signed or even broke laws?

Cite your sources please, or at least give a specific example. You say these things happen, but you refuse to give any proof.

Same issues as before. You say more words, but you don't really add anything.

Sonicchaos explained his views on this. Your response basically completely ignores what he said, and restates your earlier claim. (With the added bogusness that they watch your facial expressions to see what you are thinking.)

All in all, you talk big. You say a lot of stuff. But you don't back ANY of it up. Virtually everything you say is pretty much false, and it's that specificity in being wrong that leads to the accusation of trolling.

Where are you getting your info? They are leading you astray. There are things to be mad about, the government isn't perfect, but this is just ridiculousness (In my opinion, as I said I am no expert. I don't hold all the info. But for the time being, the burden of proof lies on you)

Don't worry about not feeling safe. Well, you should be worried if you don't feel safe. That's some serious paranoia there. Nobody is out to get you, nobody is going to hunt you down for saying these things on the internet. Again, where ever you are getting this info, they are leading you down the wrong path.
Well okay, I think you got a point there, maybe I got Google mixed up with some other website. Well anyway, I admit I think I seriously went of course here. Do you know what, just forget what I said, I got too paranoid about the whole camera thing. And the info, I forgot what site I got it from, oh well... But hold on, maybe I can find it again. Oh, do you know what, just please completely disregard and forget of what I just said in the posts, I was shooting my mouth off without checking my sources.

Last edited by REACTOR; 10-01-2013 at 01:46 AM.
Old 11-07-2013, 03:47 PM   #17
Megadog
The Demagogue

And now, with the comment update, I don't seem to be able to comment on videos anymore. >_>
Old 11-07-2013, 05:29 PM   #18
REACTOR
Question the trends!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megadog View Post
And now, with the comment update, I don't seem to be able to comment on videos anymore. >_>
Ooh, that's a blow to the head. How about some alternatives: http://www.thetoptens.com/best-alternatives-youtube/

I'm not sure whether they're your cup of tea but what do you want to do?
Old 11-07-2013, 06:54 PM   #19
Megadog
The Demagogue

I'll still watch videos on youtube, but it's just stupid that they try to make things better and only make things worse. What is the world is google thinking?
Old 11-07-2013, 07:57 PM   #20
Gigacat
Pinkie Pirate!

T'was awful. I can still comment, but discussions are all but dead now.
Gigacat is offline   Reply With Quote