Hamumu Software Hamumu Software Hamumu Software
Name
Password Register
Latest Journal update: Oct 19, 2017
Old 11-18-2013, 12:03 AM   #1
yerfjax
The Okish

Default Editor? Add-on's?

I've got the collectors edition of LL2 and was wondering how exactly to use the editor. I suppose it is for making add-on's and I would love to make some, but i don't know how. Also if it is not for making add-ons then how do you make them. Thanks
Old 11-18-2013, 04:50 AM   #2
N64 Lord
CEO of the color magenta

Default Re: Editor? Add-on's?

From what I remember, you have to beat the main game to access the editor.

It's not especially user friendly once you get it though.

http://hamumu.wikia.com/wiki/LL2_Editing.
Old 11-18-2013, 10:41 PM   #3
REACTOR
Question the trends!

Yeah, it's not that user friendly. And the other problem is that most people don't really care so there are no new updates or features for the editor. If you really want user-friendly I suggest you go for Supreme With Cheese. But then again, it's quite expensive.
REACTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 06:59 PM   #4
Frogdude
Dumb Person

Not only is it not remotely user-friendly, but there are many, many things that happen which aren't in the .llw files and can't be modified. For instance, Mimics will only move around and attack you if placed in level number 28; any other level and they will act like your friendly mimic if you have one and vanish if you don't, except for whichever level number is Southwood in which case they will appear only if you got a mimic for the Magicsmith. The level numbers that correspond to the Underworld will be packed full of Ice Titans (and Goto Map specials won't work) until the Buddy System quest has been completed. It's a mess unless you know what you're doing. ... Which I do.
Old 12-02-2013, 09:08 PM   #5
yerfjax
The Okish

Smile Re: Editor? Add-on's?

Quote:
Originally Posted by REACTOR View Post
Yeah, it's not that user friendly. And the other problem is that most people don't really care so there are no new updates or features for the editor. If you really want user-friendly I suggest you go for Supreme With Cheese. But then again, it's quite expensive.
My brother actually has SWC and I agree that that editor is much more user friendly. thanks for the link N64 lord.
Old 12-03-2013, 09:15 PM   #6
Frogdude
Dumb Person

I have an Ambition to reverse-engineer how the .llw files work and whip up my own Loonyland 2 editor program, but I don't know how long that would take.
Old 12-03-2013, 09:27 PM   #7
HappyStikBeaver
Eyeball Tree Of Fury!

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frogdude
I have an Ambition to reverse-engineer how the .llw files work and whip up my own Loonyland 2 editor program, but I don't know how long that would take.
I highly support this. It seems pretty possible but I have no understanding of the Lunatic engine.

Last edited by HappyStikBeaver; 12-03-2013 at 09:27 PM. Reason: Pseudoedit
HappyStikBeaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 02:43 AM   #8
SpaceManiac
Veteran Programmer

I'll give you a head-start.

The original Dr. Lunatic world format is easily understandable from the source code, particularly the "map" and "world" files. The LL1 and LL2 world formats are the same as each other and probably only minor iterations on the Dr. L world format (the addition of tags, for example).

I actually have the entire Supreme world format documented out somewhere, but I'd have to dig it up.
SpaceManiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 07:36 AM   #9
Frogdude
Dumb Person

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceManiac View Post
I'll give you a head-start.

The original Dr. Lunatic world format is easily understandable from the source code, particularly the "map" and "world" files. The LL1 and LL2 world formats are the same as each other and probably only minor iterations on the Dr. L world format (the addition of tags, for example).

I actually have the entire Supreme world format documented out somewhere, but I'd have to dig it up.
SOURCE CODE??????
D: D: D:
Niceeeee.

I've already done a lot of figuring out - it's amazing what you can do just by putting something in the editor and searching with a hex editor. Did a lot of profile hacking as well; I should really publish an updated / corrected list of hex values / variables based on the list I found. (Was that your work?) What I'd REALLY like is to decode how it saves the current level and see if I can modify the game state with specials... >: ) (Everything ELSE in the save file is dumped from a common data container and can all be accessed with Variable specials and effects; if the current game state is in the same container then..... could I change the allegiance of a creature placed on the map? What about its AI???)

Last edited by Frogdude; 12-04-2013 at 07:36 AM.
Frogdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 08:02 PM   #10
SpaceManiac
Veteran Programmer

Yeah, Jamul released the source to the original Dr. L after it got updated in October 2011. Blackduck and I worked together on the list. I'd be interested in seeing an updated version, I wrote a profile editor app at some point that could stand to be improved and cleaned up for release.
SpaceManiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 11:30 PM   #11
Frogdude
Dumb Person

Ah yeahhh, it was Blackduck who did all that hacking. I need to let them know about my corrections / discoveries. (For example, the guide I saw didn't quite explain how the Skills were stored - skill number 50 is stored FIRST, with 1-49 following for some reason.) I've also been having fun discovering the vast number of ways you can get interesting behavior by hex-editing a value to something it should be able to be - for instance, the min light is -32, but if you hexedit it to -64, it will take a little bit longer to brighten from your torch, which you can use to subtly give information...

Last edited by Frogdude; 12-04-2013 at 11:35 PM.
Frogdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 11:16 PM   #12
REACTOR
Question the trends!

Hi Frogdude, how's everything going with your absurd arena world?
REACTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 04:06 PM   #13
Frogdude
Dumb Person

Been a bit stalled over the holidays, but I'm still working on it. I hope sometime in the next week or two to have another prerelease that lets you get all the way to smashing the Toy Factory. Including an extra-secret area that allows for a bit of sequence breaking if you know how!