Password Register
Latest Journal update: Oct 18, 2017

Go Back   Hamumu Forum > Games > Non-Hamumu Games

Old 04-14-2014, 01:03 AM   #1
Pup514
Hounds 'About

Default The Ao Oni and Fan Game Series

WARNING | WARNING | WARNING

Please be warned that some of these games can be gory and a few can have swearing in them. This is not for the faint of heart. No one is responsible for your nightmares or shock beyond this point. You have been warned. Please tread these sites with caution. It will be your own fault if you don't listen!
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Hello all, I recently discovered some very, if I may, fun and challenging horror games. Really, all of them are free. I thought I would share them with you.

The first one I stumbled accross, which one of my friends insisted I play, was Ao Oni...
Ao Oni basically means Blue Demon in Japanese. The plot goes as follows:

You play as Hiroshi, a highschooler, who decides to go on a spine-chilling adventure with his friends, to discover whether the rumours were true, about there being a blue demon inside. Obviously it was correct. Now the quadrio must escape flesh eating monsters who want to do nothing more, then kill them. In this game Hiroshi must solve puzzles, survive chases, and get out alive.

I hope some of you here enjoy the original Ao Oni game and some of the fan games. It's really cool.

What I find most prominent in Japanese, and Korean games, is the same pattern goes on and on. Everybody dies, nobody makes a profit.

Old 04-14-2014, 12:13 PM   #2
N64 Lord
CEO of the color magenta

Default Re: The Ao Oni and Fan Game Series

I looked into the games on our poll that I had never played, and I agree that Ao Oni is well done for the most part. I even went against my own hype and voted for it.
Old 04-21-2014, 10:08 PM   #3
REACTOR
Question the trends!

Default Re: The Ao Oni and Fan Game Series

The Ao Oni series is personally my favourite in Japanese horror, you can't go wrong with it. Although there is a very small variety of 1st class games, and a very huge variety of 2nd and 3rd class games, I personally go for novelty, then quantity.

The Ao Oni series certainly has a unique aspect to it. It's not so tedious as you have no idea to solve the puzzles, neither is it so easy, that you can pass the game over and over again.

The main antagonist Hiroshi, certainly has a very narrow view of what we understand and know in life. Making such an assumption such as, "It's Scientifically Impossible", is very intellectually lazy of him. Considering that he is a high school student.

There are so many things we do not know in life, such as, why do the magnetic polls flip, or why were the ancient people coming up with such complicated stories, when by conventional Historians, they didn't know how to write.

I personally take upon Ao Oni has having some kind of hidden message in it. I hope this is a good conversation starter!
REACTOR is offline   Reply With Quote