Name
Password Register
Latest Journal update: Oct 21, 2017
Old 04-04-2014, 05:26 PM   #1
REACTOR
Question the trends!

Default I Have To Move On

Quote:
While I'd love to see new content for SWC being pushed out as much as anyone else, we have to keep in mind that Supreme was released back in 2003. There are very few (if any) other 11-year games that still get any kind of support from the dev, particularly not when the dev is a smaller developer with considerably less resources than large development studios and publishers.

SWC simply doesn't bring in much revenue these days, and any time spent on it is valuable time taken away from other projects that are bringing in (or have the potential to bring in) revenue - revenue which is needed for Jamul to support himself and his family. I'm not saying it's all about the money, by no means, but, when you have limited resources as a dev and have to work to support yourself, the projects that will support you and your family have to take priority over the projects that don't. Support for an 11-year old game just isn't one of those high-priority projects, nor should it be.
This post from Sonnicchaos has brought me back to reality. I realise that the days of Supreme may be over. And that I was just being a meddling teenager with nothing else to do. Well, with this in mind, I think I won't be making any more worlds for this game. I'll just be a tester here.

But of course, I'll wait around, for my signature says, The One Who Waits.

Last edited by REACTOR; 04-04-2014 at 05:29 PM.
REACTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 07:55 PM   #2
HumanTurkey
I'm not dumb!

Default Re: I Have To Move On

Aside from ancient games, the whole Hamumu community seems to be slow these days. It may have to do with me looking at it too late in the night, but I checked the dates of recent forum posts in General Blabber and Total Mayhem... not too much is discussed here anymore.

Perhaps many of us tend to outgrow and/or get bored of coming to websites frequently. At times, we all lose the compulsion to visit some websites daily, perhaps completely abandoning them. I guess what discouraged me from being on Hamumu for around three years were the strict guidelines here. I'm all for anyone willing to run a family-friendly community, but it doesn't suit me very well. I'm unable to communicate effectively here as I try to be so cautious about everything I post on this website.

That being said, I am a bit concerned about the future of Hamumu and Jamul's career in general. I haven't seen any works from him lately, which partially contributes to the problem regarding a lack of activity here in Dumbland. However many more years it'll take, I'll assume Jamul will make a comeback, producing a hot new game everyone's talking about.

Please don't expect me to reply to you in a timely manner if you wish to talk more about the lull with me. I'll more than likely be on other communities instead.
   /* Hopefully, Mike will like this game I wrote. */
  return 0;
}
HumanTurkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 09:59 PM   #3
SpaceManiac
Veteran Programmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HumanTurkey View Post
I haven't seen any works from him lately, which partially contributes to the problem regarding a lack of activity here in Dumbland. However many more years it'll take, I'll assume Jamul will make a comeback, producing a hot new game everyone's talking about.
Jamul's been spending the majority of his time working on Growtopia, which from what I can tell seems to be going quite well. From a couple of the latest journal entries it sounds like something more exciting might be coming up soon, so I guess we'll wait and see.
SpaceManiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 01:59 AM   #4
REACTOR
Question the trends!

Of course, I am still active. I'm just not going to do any more worlds. Unless something really good pops up in my mind.
REACTOR is offline   Reply With Quote