Hamumu Software Hamumu Software Hamumu Software
Name
Password Register
Latest Journal update: Oct 22, 2017
Old 05-10-2014, 11:45 PM   #141
seamonkey
spoon eater

Default Re: Mathematical Mafia

aight last gasp: I was busy for a few days, and as a result my last gasp is coming a bit late. Because of this I think it would be a bit unfair to comment on player action because people have taken actions today, and I'm dead so... three things.

1. Good luck to the town.
2. Just because a dealine has been imposed doesn't mean you need to make a lynch every day. There has been a total of 1 night death. You guys can still be cautious. You have six days to decide on three people to lynch.
3. On a side note the 1 death thing makes it possible that the mafia is trying to win via lynching.
seamonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 01:16 PM   #142
hyperme
Not Evil, Just British

Botes

texasjoshua - 1 - (Blue Dwarf)
Blue Dwarf - 1 - (texasjoshua)
Old 05-12-2014, 08:51 PM   #143
texasjoshua
Secretly Dr. Lunatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Blue Dwarf. View Post
I'm not going to give up virtually useless info to you that would only serve to aid the mafia.

What use could specifically knowing which numbers do what serve for you? Absolutely nothing. The only good it does is it helps the mafia know when a good time to strike would be. I have given up pretty much every action I have used every night this game in my posts (Well, I have concealed some info. For my own safety early on and to throw people off from suspecting that I was in fact the one with all the powers.)

It's also interesting that two people targetted you on the EMP night (unless I have misunderstood your post).

I would like SM to state his actions last night to see if they match with what TJ has said. I would also like SC to comment at all on his roles and such. It is clear that either SC or HU has a role, as I did not target TJ two nights ago. I didn't do anything at all that night.

TJ, you're simply trying to build a case against me on nothing. You claim that I am putting some grand story together, but it is a story that could easily be shattered by any other player in a game of unknowns. If I am not the roleblocker doctor, then surely there must have been another roleblocker or doctor at least. They would have come forward and called me out on it. My info has been accurate, it lead to the lynching of N64Lord. I can see where there is room for some brilliant scheme to build credibility through such means, but it would be an awfully huge gamble betting that no one else in the game would have those roles and could call you out on it.

Your logic is just... Wrong, and I only see one possible explanation for your behavior.

Unvote: SpaceManiac
Vote: texasjoshua

As a little aside, I've also been thinking about this EMP thing. It seems oddly coincidental that you just happened to decide to use it on the same night that I magnetized you. Given the connection between magnetizing and an Electromagnetic Pulse, I sort of think something strange is at play here...

My main deal was I just wanted a nice cohesive post with your role knowledge :P You also claim that role knowledge is important to be kept secret for protection from mafia but you continue to be inherently suspicious of people if they don't share everything. I'm happy to tell you how many people target me every night, doesn't make a particular difference to me.

In other regards the whole "EMP" thing is my way of just explaining it, is has nothing to do with electricity really, it actually just makes the magic number not real, so I guess a "reality stopper" is a better term. I primarily voted you such that you would understand I wanted a full claim, however I am now in the situation such that if I unvote I die, therefore I cant unvote. To be honest the whole N-64 thing wassn't as clear cut as you make it seem, but it is perhaps a possibility. Also, I am not saying you are putting a story together, but that a full claim all in one piece makes it much less likely that you are. Also considering the sort of game this is, it isn't unreasonable to think that there is another doctor/roleblocker combo. Just on different nights(opposite to yours).

Oh yea, in response to the whole targeting people me thing I messed it up yea, looking through PM's just picked the last couple :P I can go back and figure out exactly which with which night if it is important.

I really want to hear other people speak up here.
texasjoshua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 11:52 PM   #144
.Blue Dwarf.
King of the Shrooms

Too much inactive.

Most unfortunately, you've opened a great chance for a mafia to act.
Snipe a lynch on me, kill someone tonight, then just sit through tomorrow happy that they've won due to inactivity.

I also find it entirely unreasonable that there would be more doctors or roleblockers.
The game would be too stacked in favor of the town.

This whole thing would be a lot less frustrating if people would actually play.

I would suggest voting no lynch perhaps. Or not.
I'm not going to anyway.
Old 05-13-2014, 03:26 AM   #145
hyperme
Not Evil, Just British

It's a tie!

You decide to lynch texasjoshua first, since he's holding a sign saying 'I am teh Mafia!'. Huh. You'd think someone would of noticed that earlier.

texasjoshua was the Complex Mafia. He could add i to the Magic Number to make it complex.

Town wins!

Blue Dwarf was the Mathemagician. He had powers based on the Magic Number, which will be explained later.

Spacemaniac was the Watcher/Snooper. When the number was odd, he could find what powers were used on someone. When it was even, he could find out who targeted that person.

Other living people were townies. yay.
Old 05-13-2014, 08:00 AM   #146
texasjoshua
Secretly Dr. Lunatic

Very frustrating game, role blocked literally every night followed by a whole bunch of inactivity following my brilliant claim :P

Inactivity is always the worst, a shame you all who weren't posting.
Old 05-13-2014, 11:05 AM   #147
SpaceManiac
Veteran Programmer

Ah, sorry for the silence that last day. I was busy moving out from university and forgot the deadline. I inspected Blue Dwarf last night, not targeted. I was actually starting to get pretty suspicious of Josh there with his attacks on Blue Dwarf, who was heavily cemented as pro-town, and his attempts to deflect suspicion were pretty weak, but I guess I didn't show up so it doesn't matter. Congratulations to Blue Dwarf who essentially carried the game.

A bit of a crazy game in many respects. But it's been fun having Mafia back in existence.
SpaceManiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 11:40 AM   #148
seamonkey
spoon eater

Huh. I wasn't completely sure either way but I did think that it was either BD or TJ who was the mafia. Turns out I was right. Good game.
Question: was TJ just blocked like a lot, or was there restictions on when he could make a kill?
seamonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 12:00 PM   #149
hyperme
Not Evil, Just British

It's later!

Like the Time Devourer, the Mathemagician was idea that looked good on paper, but failed badly in practice. I gave it way too many powers. Sort of. Powers:

-Nightkill Immunity is the MN was prime.
-Blocks for multiples of 2.
-Protections for multiples of 3.
-Magnetizing when the number was negative.
-Chose a number to move the MN towards instead of adding or subtracting one.

This turned out to pretty overpowered. If I had to rehost this game, I'd remove NK-immunity and maybe give the mafia their own magnetization power, or a limited amount unstoppable Night kills.
Old 05-13-2014, 12:02 PM   #150
N64 Lord
CEO of the color magenta

I assume TJ's kills were restricted.

My roleblock was active on days that were multiples of three (including negatives) and I could only kill on even days.

Apparently my roleblock had priority, but on the other hand, I never targeted the town blocker. I didn't notice which vote system we were using, but I would be unable to kill for the rest of the game anyway, and I had to be out of the game to give my partner a chance. I just stuck on the inspector since he flaked his role pretty well. I made sure to fake publicly coaching someone before my lynch, but if it affected your interactions it was unconsciously.
Old 05-13-2014, 03:45 PM   #151
texasjoshua
Secretly Dr. Lunatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyperme View Post
It's later!

Like the Time Devourer, the Mathemagician was idea that looked good on paper, but failed badly in practice. I gave it way too many powers. Sort of. Powers:

-Nightkill Immunity is the MN was prime.
-Blocks for multiples of 2.
-Protections for multiples of 3.
-Magnetizing when the number was negative.
-Chose a number to move the MN towards instead of adding or subtracting one.

This turned out to pretty overpowered. If I had to rehost this game, I'd remove NK-immunity and maybe give the mafia their own magnetization power, or a limited amount unstoppable Night kills.
Quote:
Originally Posted by N64 Lord View Post
I assume TJ's kills were restricted.

My roleblock was active on days that were multiples of three (including negatives) and I could only kill on even days.

Apparently my roleblock had priority, but on the other hand, I never targeted the town blocker. I didn't notice which vote system we were using, but I would be unable to kill for the rest of the game anyway, and I had to be out of the game to give my partner a chance. I just stuck on the inspector since he flaked his role pretty well. I made sure to fake publicly coaching someone before my lynch, but if it affected your interactions it was unconsciously.

I was able to kill every night, but that makes sense. Started off being i killed odds N64 killed evens, but after he died was able to kill every night. I tried to kill BD a couple times so that probably hindered my actions. Overall now that I've calmed down a bit :P I really enjoyed that concept of the game, just a bunch of unlucky stuff transpired to make it near impossible for me to pull the situation out.

My main criticism follows that of something that isn't hyperme's fault, which is the inactivity of everyone else. Please play the game if you sign up, probably still wouldn't have won but would have been more enjoyable in either case.
Old 05-13-2014, 04:43 PM   #152
.Blue Dwarf.
King of the Shrooms

I decided early on that N64Lord was my prime suspect. More on a whim than anything, but the evidence began piling up soon. TJ got added to that later.

I am quite happy with my Day 4 call:
Quote:
Originally Posted by .Blue Dwarf. View Post
while I doubt the mafia is tied to only acting on magic numbers I still have to think they must be involved somehow, perhaps the specifics of WHO acts is based on the number, Goon1 acts on evens, Goon2 acts on odds, and perhaps if one dies he assumes the other's ability so he can still act indefinately.

With THAT in mind, and because I'm making wild accusations this game; it could be N64Lord is Goon1, and TJ is Goon2... That theory aligns with what little evidence I have, but it is truly little evidence. It also aligns with MD's findings of TJ having no action, which again is weak evidence at best
As such, I certainly wouldn't vote on it, but that's my current best guess of how things are.

SM started making me feel really uneasy midway through the game though.

Despite my day actions which were a bit crazy, my night actions remained clear. My first goal was to roleblock N64Lord whenever I had the chance. Then once he got lynched, I set about roleblocking TJ.
Bit of good luck and some intuition went to work there.

Here's the night game for me to help illustrate how doomed the mafia was:
Night 1:
Protect seamonkey. Nightkill Proof.

Night 2:
Protect seamonkey. Roleblock N64Lord.

Night 3:
Sleeping. No action. Megadog died due to my own inactivity (Negative 3 was a powerful number for protection, I could magnetize and doctor the same person automatically blocking any kill action. Oh well. RIP megadog.)

Night 4:
Roleblock N64Lord
N64Lord got lynched.

Night 5 (or 6, as the game posts say. I got confused here trying to type this post):
Roleblock TJ

Night 6:
Magnetize TJ (Essentially a roleblock in this case)

Night 7:
EMP'd.

Night 8:
Roleblock TJ. Nightkill Proof.

Pretty much had the mafia locked down with roleblocks the whole game.