Hamumu Software Hamumu Software Hamumu Software
Name
Password Register
Latest Journal update: Oct 20, 2017
Old 08-04-2014, 08:12 PM   #1
tyconger191
Badguy

Default Dr. Lunatic Updates?

Is supreme with cheese going to update again at any point in time or is version 8.0d, supreme's end point?

My website: http://conger001.wix.com/tyconger192sworlds
tyconger191 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 08:14 PM   #2
tyconger191
Badguy

Default Re: Dr. Lunatic Updates?

I know this should probably be in the Dr. Lunatic section, but I figured it would be almost pointless to have it there considering threads for meaningful discussion belong there and this is just a yes or no question type of thread.

Old 08-04-2014, 08:25 PM   #3
REACTOR
Question the trends!

I think there should be some sort of resolution. It would be wasteful for Spacemaniac to add all these features, plus not to mention that there are already a few worlds up on the addons page such as "A Quick Adventure" which require the features of 8.0d inorder for the world to work correctly.

In other words, I think there would be a resolution.
REACTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 09:48 PM   #4
SpaceManiac
Veteran Programmer

There's been no updates because there's been no new features worth adding or bugs needing fixing that have required changes since the last release. The beta is likely to stay a beta until such time as I'm confident in its stability and Jamul sees fit to consider it a full release.
SpaceManiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 11:40 AM   #5
tyconger191
Badguy

How about adding the ability to summon bullets at certain monsters, such as scary bat.

The player could then make fire bats by summoning the bubble pop bullet at all scary bats and then changing the bubble pop bullet to flame.

This would make the scary bats leave a trail of fire wherever they went and you could configure the rate of which the fire would be emitted by using a timer in the special that summons the bullets.

This could be useful in other ways as well. If you wanted to make explosive yellow tentacles that consistently had explosions at their locations or if you wanted to make a monster that was purely fire and was actually the loonybot5000 getting bullets summoned at its location that were flame bullets. All you would see is a fire that was moving around and you would have to defeat it.

You could do almost all of that now, but you can't do it to more than one monster because all that you can do right now is summon bullets at whatever monster is tagged. And since you can only have one tagged monster, it is kind of stupid to summon the bullets at the tagged monster unless it is a boss that there is only one of because the enemy would need to be unique from the others and even then you are limited because with bosses with multiple body parts, you can't actually summon bullets at the same location as all of the body parts, rather you can just summon bullets at one body part. This makes the tentacle idea impossible.

That is my idea for future updates.

Last edited by tyconger191; 08-06-2014 at 11:40 AM.