Name
Password Register
Latest Journal update: Oct 21, 2017

Go Back   Hamumu Forum > General > Total Mayhem

Old 07-31-2014, 07:44 PM   #1
REACTOR
Question the trends!

Default 3rd Party Source For Addons

Yes, I am back, very early it might seem, I just came back here with an idea, probably some of you may object simply saying I must be taking attention and fame away this forum, but I have no intention of doing that, I guess you can only take my word for it.

Instead of protesting and wailing about untested worlds, why not turn part of my site into an addons page, and more professional at that, here is a prototype page which I am working on:

http://www.ninjadoggyinc.com/?page_id=167
http://www.ninjadoggyinc.com/?page_id=331

Of course, the option to rate is missing, and at the moment, it looks really barren, but I'm getting there!

But why not create another site you may ask, well, if I were to use Webs, or any of those website creators, I would not have so much control over the content, or even the plugins themselves, and ads may arrive.. The current site I have is already being paid for.

How would we send you the content: By email, there would be required fields which need to be filled, and also an author's page too. Example of required info for the author's page would be, Website, Hamumu Account Name, Email, personal details, etc...

And it is highly impossible that I would take more then a week to reply to your emails.

While we are on this subject, let me get one thing straight, I have a perfectly balanced life, while I spend 5 hours on the computer a day, I mix it with other activities such as reading a book, practicing my piano, and other daily tasks, so don't make assumptions.

Before I continue, I would like to share this idea with you guys, to see whether you think it's a great idea, or not such a great idea.

If I get a 75% rate of approval, I will continue working on it.
REACTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 12:58 AM   #2
.Blue Dwarf.
King of the Shrooms

Default Re: 3rd Party Source For Addons

Quote:
Originally Posted by REACTOR View Post
And it is highly impossible that I would take more then a week to reply to your emails.
Impossible? Never. Improbable? Perhaps.
(don't make promises you can't possibly keep)

Quote:
While we are on this subject, let me get one thing straight, I have a perfectly balanced life, while I spend 5 hours on the computer a day, I mix it with other activities such as reading a book, practicing my piano, and other daily tasks, so don't make assumptions.
Has someone else been bugging you about how much you use your computer? I doubt many people here would openly criticize that or make assumptions. It just seems weird that you're putting up defenses unprovoked.

ANYWHO.... I think it's a decent idea. Not sure about legal stuff and all that jazz.
People have put worlds up on other filehosting sites in the past, so I would think this wouldn't be a problem.

I'd say go for it if you want to. Just make sure it's okay first.
Old 08-01-2014, 06:20 PM   #3
REACTOR
Question the trends!

I am sure that email promise is easy to keep, it's way easy to keep, I don't know why some people crash and burn on that part...

And yes, people constantly badger me about my computer usage, and sometimes make very harsh assumptions.

I think I have finalized the pages, why not have a look into them? Takes for your support by the way.
Old 08-12-2014, 02:06 AM   #4
REACTOR
Question the trends!

I pretty much have it up and running, so far no suggestions, submissions or any views.