Hamumu Software Hamumu Software Hamumu Software
Name
Password Register
Latest Journal update: Oct 21, 2017

Go Back   Hamumu Forum > Games > Non-Hamumu Games

Old 07-10-2012, 03:31 PM   #1
Boneheads
King of the Boneheads

Default Your first time playing Minecraft?

Hello Hamumians!
In 'dis thread, post your first time you played minecraft, what you did, what influenced you to get minecraft, when you got minecraft, your newbie moments, etc etc.

First time hearing Minecraft:
It all started on hamumu, when Kerma posted "Minecraft" in the Non-Hamumu Games forum.
First time playing The Free Version:
I got onto minecraft.net and got over to the free version.
It ranged from 0-1 fps, so of course a Creeper blew me up.
About a month later, I asked wedxzas "I wanna play minecraft dude"
so he was like "click on multi-player under classic"
And I went there, and headed over to a server called "Just another minecraft server" (This server is the only thing we thought was classic :P)
I got on, did /goto wedxzas's home (Which of course, brought me to Wedxzas's 64x64x128 (256?) Flat world.) I couldn't build, bc it's his world, and it wasn't until later that we found out how to give permission to other people to build in your home.
Anywho, I did /home (Which brought me to MY 64x64x128 (256?) Flat world.) I was like "woah, blocks" and basically was being all noobish.
My first time in survival I built a log house. Wow. And thought a skeleton was a 'Ghast'
Old 07-11-2012, 08:07 PM   #2
happystickman
Back From the Dead

Default Re: Your first time playing Minecraft?

I first heard about Minecraft in the very earliest of stages, when Survival Test was the newest thing on the block, on the blog for the indie game developer Data Realms (Maker of the awesome game Cortex Command)

Now, this was when the wiki was basically non-existant, so I basically derped around in Survival Test not knowing a thing about what I was doing. (I though Flint was some kind of stone and tried to make a sword with it) I eventually managed to find some help to learn what I was doing, and the rest is history.
Old 07-12-2012, 01:30 AM   #3
Gigacat
Pinkie Pirate!

Hmm, i think i first played it a Megadogs house. I instantly loved it and went home with the intention of buying. However, my main computer is rubbish and couldnt run it and the family laptop would lag in forests, even with lowest settings. I bought it anyway. i think the first thing i did was build a treehouse. yeah.
Old 08-13-2014, 09:02 PM   #4
FlatOutLie
Cake

First time I ever played was when I was 9 I was very confused as to what to do So I got some sponge and started placing it in the water I thought "WOW this stuff is cool"
So I started playing a sky base at the time I never knew there was multiplayer or even a survive aspect (maybe becouse there wasn't one?) so my brother was like dude it's all for 10 bucks and I was like woah and then he downloaded me hacks and I could fly I was like the coolest guy on every server I could no-clip and do tons of hacks I got on YouTube and was watching YouTube videos of how to grief entire worlds bye hacking in some water so I was trying to do that but then the most terrible thing happened (the new minecraft came out (survivle)) or otherwise it was good for servers anyways and then I went back into my shell of playing single player I had no idea there were survivle servers I thought servers had disapeared and now I have been playing on the icecreamsandwich server ^o^ great community the owner entrusted me with modship and then it went downhill we went from 20players to barely 2-3 other mods were abusing there power and yet the good person has to take the punishment (me)