Pinkie Pirate!

Default Re: Meta MAfia

Gah! Interesting game though.
Gigacat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 12:09 AM   #82
.Blue Dwarf.
King of the Shrooms

At first I didn't like MD because he didn't seem to make any claims other than to vote for Pewskeepski (Apparently, in the end, he must have really had no reason to vote Pewskeepski anyway). I tried using the best quotes I could to best convey my thoughts through the game, but I couldn't really make out what anybody else was really saying other than, essentially, "Why?"

My belief that MD was mafia was fortified by the fact that nobody jumped at the band-wagon to lynch him.

Then Pewskeepski made the outrageous claim that I was the mafia, and everyone jumped on me. My last ditch effort to call him a liar had little effect. I'll blame Megadog for this, after being so adamant about lynching Pewskeepski, then so freely becoming his ally when the lynch-train pulled out of the station. Gigacat didn't help any either saying that both cops singled me out, when only Pewskeepski had said anything (unless I missed something?)

All in all, I was disappointed. I just didn't have much luck digging up relevant quotes, and it seemed that a lot of the quotes being posted were hardly relevant anyway so I doubted if anyone would actually get the meaning of anything I quoted, in the same way that I wasn't getting their meanings. The quotes of posts in this game were none too helpful other than to call the posts in to question (Again, a lot of "Why?" type stuff, none of it ever getting answers really)

It was an interesting idea at least. Though, I think the mafia probably held a pretty strong advantage in that they knew what was up, while everyone else was fiddling around trying to find quotes.

Still bummed we lost.
Old 08-16-2014, 12:40 AM   #83
Gigacat
Pinkie Pirate!

I was referring to this post : http://hamumu.com/forum/showpost.php...9&postcount=39

Even there, it was a bit vague though. I tried to help :P.

Also, any reason for the game being Meta MAfia (as opposed to Mafia)?
Gigacat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 03:44 AM   #84
Megadog
The Demagogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Blue Dwarf. View Post
At first I didn't like MD because he didn't seem to make any claims other than to vote for Pewskeepski (Apparently, in the end, he must have really had no reason to vote Pewskeepski anyway). I tried using the best quotes I could to best convey my thoughts through the game, but I couldn't really make out what anybody else was really saying other than, essentially, "Why?"

My belief that MD was mafia was fortified by the fact that nobody jumped at the band-wagon to lynch him.

Then Pewskeepski made the outrageous claim that I was the mafia, and everyone jumped on me. My last ditch effort to call him a liar had little effect. I'll blame Megadog for this, after being so adamant about lynching Pewskeepski, then so freely becoming his ally when the lynch-train pulled out of the station. Gigacat didn't help any either saying that both cops singled me out, when only Pewskeepski had said anything (unless I missed something?)

All in all, I was disappointed. I just didn't have much luck digging up relevant quotes, and it seemed that a lot of the quotes being posted were hardly relevant anyway so I doubted if anyone would actually get the meaning of anything I quoted, in the same way that I wasn't getting their meanings. The quotes of posts in this game were none too helpful other than to call the posts in to question (Again, a lot of "Why?" type stuff, none of it ever getting answers really)

It was an interesting idea at least. Though, I think the mafia probably held a pretty strong advantage in that they knew what was up, while everyone else was fiddling around trying to find quotes.

Still bummed we lost.
I accused you before pew did. I thought you were mafia because you jumped on the bandwagon against me, when I was accusing someone I was almost certain was mafia. I can't remember WHY I was so sure, but as the game progress and more evidence came down I never had a moment of decreasing surety. Without being able to explain this, I tried to explain that I was pretty certain that both you and him were evil. I should have realized that you weren't mafia when he accused you, but at the time I wasn't taking into account how close to loosing we were, and I knew it would prove him mafia if you were town.
Old 08-16-2014, 05:36 AM   #85
texasjoshua
Secretly Dr. Lunatic

So this game was kind of interesting, as many of you are saying, yes the mafia was overpowered, I probablly should have added a town roll of some variety. The only power roles was mafia godfather, pewskeepski, and the rule breaker gigacat. I enjoyed this game a great deal, though of course i was just watching. It was really amusing to me to see everyone struggle to find quotes that matched what they were trying to convey.

The second part of the game when it got down to 4 people i decided it would be boring to let the game end right there so everyone who had sent me a roll had that roll used, and everyone who sent a target was a person targeted and it was randomized.

Doctor, Cult Leader, Mafia Hitman, and mafia goon. Gigacat got targeted by mafia hitman and doctor, but i decided it would be too strong to let him die. Mafia Goon doesnt have a power, but targeted megadog anyway. The Cult leader was the most clever roll, and targeted seamonkey converting him into a cult member, I enjoyed that a great deal.

This game concept first originated as a joke when i was talking about mafia with some friends but i realized i could actually do it. Thanks everyone for attempting the super shenanigans game!
texasjoshua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 01:02 PM   #86
Pewskeepski
Peanut Gallery

I was honestly surprised I managed to win. I thought for sure that Megadog must've been the cop because there was no other reason for him to pursue me like he did. My enthusiasm about this game was very low when I struggled finding quotes that allowed me to say what I wanted. Then when Texasjoshua announced that no one died (on the night that I would've finally killed Megadog) I gave up complete interest in this and made no resistance to my coming death. I doubt there was much I could've saidquoted to defend myself anyway at that point
Old 08-17-2014, 08:40 AM   #87
.Blue Dwarf.
King of the Shrooms

I suppose I see the logic in how things went down.

Game's difficult when you can't just speak plainly :P