Name
Password Register
Latest Journal update: Oct 21, 2017

Go Back   Hamumu Forum > General > General Blabber

Old 09-20-2014, 09:31 PM   #1
REACTOR
Question the trends!

Default Putting The Hamumu Forum Back In It's Roots

Over the past few months the forum has been very opposed to new ideas or even opinions, one person comes up with a new rule idea for HH15, and everyone is opposed by it and throws hostile sarcasms. I am not trying to excuse myself, I admit that I have been on the rough side and certainly some of my sentences were hostile, but that's the problem, Hamumu Software is becoming everyday more distant from it's core. If someone suggests an idea or posts an opinion that strongly opposes other people, that post would get taken apart and shown all it's wrongs and nothing will be acknowledged. What happened to the friendly environment? I am not trying to say that criticism is wrong, but not even trying to see a post from a different angle, or finding something valuable in it? Huge community or no community, everyone deserves a second glance.

With worlds, I find the view of worlds to not be right! People spend effort and time into them, I think it was very badly organized of Jamul or WTG to keep people in the dark, atleast say that you cannot take in any worlds at the moment, not just keep quiet. There should have been a secondary tester, but there wasn't. There is nothing more disheartening than seeing your content go to waste.

Financial problem or not, people have all the right in the world to make worlds and expect them to get tested, afterall, the Wiki articles are still open, there hasn't been a message closing down the addons page.

Although the ATC was a good idea, it was too late. People probably just lost interest and the people who made worlds such as Pewskeepski and Jordo lost all hope of their worlds ever getting tested.

It's just not right to use the argument, well all sites have to come to an end, right now! Although it's true, if the site is still going and there is nothing said about it coming to an end. Although there is a lack in community, that gives no excuse.

I find that the owner, Mike Hommel, is also becoming more distant from the community of Hamumu Software, there is some hate mail about Growtopia, oh why don't I send it to Solee at GT support so that the person can get a reply simply saying the usual and if he/she doesn't like it, then he/she can just leave.

Whatever happened to taking people's opinions into account? The support is there, and it shouldn't matter how many people there are at a given time in the community.

The Hamumu Forum has fell from it's roots!
REACTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 12:13 AM   #2
Megadog
The Demagogue

Default Re: Putting The Hamumu Forum Back In It's Roots

I understand what you are trying to say here, and I wish that I could give you some positive response, but the situation is bleak, and has been for a long time.

First off, we were informing you of why an imposed rule on one of our longest traditions for arbitrary reasons was bad. Most of us appeared to, at some point in our initial response, note that we understood why you thought such a change may have been beneficial, but we thought it important to tell you why it's not.

Secondly, blaming Jamul or the other staff is, while not unreasonable, not a nice thing to do. Jamul doesn't have an obligation to us, he made this site so he could continue living and now he is making a living doing other things. It's like thinking Notch has an obligation to the players of Minecraft, even though he left.

Furthermore, while you have been here a while, and I understand that you want the forum to speed up, this has been happening for a very long time now. I posted back in 2011 on the subject, and that was probably a couple of years after the significant drop. It's been dwindling since Hamumu was a clubhouse.

You seem to be making a lot of unfounded assumptions at the moment, whether it be the intent of posts, the obligations of people or generally just how things are. You act like we are mean bullies in the school yard when in actuality we're mostly intellectuals and the like, trying to keep in touch with a part of our childhood which is all but dead. We don't avidly oppose change, but when we do it's out of an attempt to keep safe what little of this site we have left. It's something that's hard to understand until you've gone through some significant loss, but most people either leave (get rid of all connections) or hold firm or whats left. We are the latter, for the former have long since gone.

So, basically (read TL;DR), no one is being mean, or acting in a way that they shouldn't. This is a factor of life, and while we'll hold out here till the bitter end, don't expect a miracle.
Old 09-21-2014, 12:17 AM   #3
REACTOR
Question the trends!

*Pondering*

Last edited by REACTOR; 09-21-2014 at 04:47 PM. Reason: Wrong Post
Old 09-21-2014, 05:15 PM   #4
REACTOR
Question the trends!

While it's true that Jamul and the other staff don't have to be at our very wim, and have lives to work out, I still have some doubts and annoyances in my mind.

Last edited by REACTOR; 09-21-2014 at 05:17 PM.