Hamumu Software Hamumu Software Hamumu Software
Name
Password Register
Latest Journal update: Oct 16, 2017
Old 09-07-2014, 06:41 PM   #781
Noogger
Puny Mortal

Default Noogger's Flower Shop

Guys!! Noogger's Flower Shop is now open at spawn located right behind the nether portal! Stop buy and get a stack of flowers (you can mix and match 64) for only ONE diamond! Don't miss out on this great deal!
~ Noogger
Noogger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 03:07 PM   #782
FlatOutLie
Cake

Default Re: Minecraft

Can I get whitelisted My name is firedelar
Old 09-27-2014, 05:54 PM   #783
REACTOR
Question the trends!

Oh no, Minecraft is bought by Microsoft. e__e
REACTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2014, 03:14 PM   #784
seamonkey
spoon eater

Quote:
Originally Posted by REACTOR View Post
Oh no, Minecraft is bought by Microsoft. e__e
Microsoft is probably a good thing. I'm more interested in the bukkit debacle, and what I will be using in the future. I've always defaulted to bukkit cuz it's what everyone uses, and I didn't care enough to do research. Now that that is dead I might switch over to one of the fine projects SM is involved with - I dunno. I guess I'll actually have to figure out which is best for my needs.
seamonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 05:22 PM   #785
Boneheads
King of the Boneheads

Default topkek

I've started playing on Platycraft once again. Just curious if anybody else still plays/has been playing lately?
Old 03-10-2015, 10:25 PM   #786
HappyStikBeaver
Eyeball Tree Of Fury!

Thumbs up

I still play occasionally. I'll be on more often after my schedule clears up a bit.

I think SpaceManiac was talking about some Platycraft updates/ideas recently. My biggest issue right now is just the world border. I'm sure there are plenty of reasons for it but it really impedes building and exploration.
Also, with all of the rare biomes in 1.7.9, certain ones didn't even show up in world generation, i.e. mesa, plateau, jungle, etc. Even if infinite generation is impossible, it would still be helpful if the border extended a bit further.

The only other complaint I have is the creative world. I really dislike superflat generation. Nothing is less inspiring than plain grasslands, and 90% of my creative builds incorporate the natural landscape or extend underground.
It'd be nice to see some natural biome generation but I'm not sure how feasible that is at this point.

Last edited by HappyStikBeaver; 03-10-2015 at 10:28 PM. Reason: Pseudoedit
HappyStikBeaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 05:38 PM   #787
Boneheads
King of the Boneheads

I do agree it would be nice to find some of the rarer biomes by extending the world border. As for the superflat thing, I wouldn't mind having it be a normal world, however it is sometimes nice personally to have superflat. Maybe 2 worlds, or just split it right down the middle, one half of the world flat and the other half normal. Or, of course, just do full normal world. :P
Old 03-11-2015, 11:18 PM   #788
SpaceManiac
Veteran Programmer

The primary reason for the existence of the world border was that I wanted things to be closer together, so players would interact more and I wouldn't keep forgetting where all the cool builds were. There's of course advantages with an infinite world, as described.

As a temporary measure, I have upped the border radius from 4000 to 8000 blocks. I have no idea if the new space actually includes the desired biomes, but the map is now 4x as large, so feel free to get exploring.

I hear you on the creative world. The flatmap thing was an experiment, largely, and while there have been some neat builds there's definitely more room for creativity working against an already interesting landscape. I'm not sure how best to resolve this; the next big revamp will include something different, at least.

I'm sure a lot of the downturn has been because the server is on an outdated version of Minecraft, but for reasons that are too complicated to explain it's not possible at this time for me to update. I personally haven't been playing Minecraft that much and that has also led to some stagnation on the server-unique feature development (namely End Machines).

My plan for the distant future (i.e. not anytime soon, and not without a prior announcement) is to do some combination of the following: start a new survival map; start a new creative map (with a completely different scheme); revive the arena somehow; replace End Machines with something else (with the intention of diverging from vanilla enough to be new and interesting but without hurting players who enjoy vanilla).

This is all a lot of work, of course, and I am busy with other things, so other than minor tweaks (which I am all too happy to make) there will not be big changes for some time.
SpaceManiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2015, 09:29 PM   #789
Boneheads
King of the Boneheads

Been working on a slime farm recently (on Platycraft):

It's located in the swampland near spawn, at the following coordinates:
X: -206
Y: 63
Z: -96
(down the ladder)
When it's finished, there'll be six layers total, each with a 16x16 (chunk-sized) spawning pad, and a 3-wide drop on the sides of the pad, having the slimes accumulate to one central point (probably using water to move them).
So far, I've dug out two layers and working on the third.
Just something to do in my free time. :P
Boneheads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2015, 05:45 PM   #790
Boneheads
King of the Boneheads

Well, since last night, I've finished the slime farm (for the most part, anyway; it still needs some polishing up). The chambers are located at the following coordinates:
X: -188
Y: 63
Z: -162
This is the outside of the main spawning area, which has six pads (each 16x16) stacked on top of each other, with 3 blocks of air space between each one:

The chambers (excluding the spiders'):

The slime chambers (as you can see, the mobs can still sometimes get missorted:

The tall mobs' (skeletons, zombies, creepers, witches) chamber:

The spiders' chamber:

But yeah, since it does also spawn non-slime mobs, it could also be considered a normal hostile mob farm. Either way, I like it so far. :P
Boneheads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2015, 12:06 PM   #791
SpaceManiac
Veteran Programmer

To the vanishingly small number of people it may concern, I have once again reconfigured my setup to allow for a Linux machine to exist, and thus the Minecraft server is running again. This time has also lifted the pressure preventing me from updating to 1.8, and so I have done so. Further changes may come as demand requires.
SpaceManiac is offline   Reply With Quote