Hamumu Software Hamumu Software Hamumu Software
Name
Password Register
Latest Journal update: Oct 21, 2017
Old 10-24-2015, 02:20 PM   #1
FlatOutLie
Cake

Default Re: SwC crashing, halp?

Well im gonna sound like a jerk and that I think your stupid person, but im not and I dont. Have you tried turning it on and off again? You said that you just put it to sleep, also you said that it got a not shut down properly. well it sounds like it ran out of power over night and auto-shut off witch would probably hurt it. if you already tried that then IDK what to do.

Maybe factory reset it but make sure you have windows or that the computer will keep windows when you reset it.

Or you can even like roll back your laptop witch will restore it to The date Right before it started crashing.

You can also try running it as an admin by going to the file location and right clicking then selecting "run as admin" or idk but it's with a yellow and blue shield

It might also be another driver that jamul has used on his game and there's a certain way you have to start the game.

Last edited by FlatOutLie; 10-24-2015 at 05:51 PM.
FlatOutLie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2015, 06:51 PM   #2
REACTOR
Question the trends!

Which version of Supreme are you using? 7.43? 7.8? That could be one problem. Sometimes different versions of SWC run differently on different computers, also keeping in mind the operating system. I ran version 7.43 perfectly on my Windows XP machine, but when I installed it on my Windows 7 computer it came up with discoloration and occasional glitch problems. I think you should try the latest version, 8.0d. This can be found on your Downloads page in MyStuff, but if it isn't there then you can contact Jamul via jamul@hamumu.com with some evidence that you bought this game so he can add it to your page.

Edit: Also, the image you posted is broken. You may want to fix it.

Double-Edit: Furthermore, if you put the computer to sleep overnight but not shut it down this could also be a critical problem. By putting your computer to sleep the data that is stored in your RAM is kept, and there could be something that went wrong in there which could be why the SWC game keeps crashing. By giving your laptop a proper shutdown the data in the RAM is cleared.

Last edited by REACTOR; 10-24-2015 at 07:00 PM.
REACTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2015, 07:34 AM   #3
bobdabaron
Less Puny Mortal

I bought the CD a LONG time ago, so it's version 6.8 of SwC (made an ISO of it in case the CD got lost, will have to find the CD as proof I guess). The coloration thing is an issue but I could live with that, because for a brief time it ran flawlessly.

Will probably have to factory reset, I just hope Windows survives, it came pre-installed on the $100 laptop I got, didn't get a CD with it.

Yes, I turned it off & on, even completely uninstalled/reinstalled the game
Image was a PNG of the crash data, might as well copy/paste it as text here to see if the "black box info" helps:

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: lunatic.exe
Application Version: 0.0.0.0
Application Timestamp: 3f96a371
Fault Module Name: lunatic.exe
Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 3f96a371
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 000aabc2
OS Version: 6.1.7601.1.2.1.0.256.48
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 65ae
Additional Information 2: 65ae13996b722e153a5d3756117084c5
Additional Information 3: a218
Additional Information 4: a2187ab0b9fbb31c6db869a9896a841b
bobdabaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2015, 05:16 PM   #4
REACTOR
Question the trends!

Since such a long time has passed since you bought the CD, perhaps the quality of data has degraded on it and thus it leaves you with a corrupt installation. I would suggest that you try to download SWC from the internet from your Downloads page on this website.

Also, it would be recommended that you provide addresses as proof of your purchase.
Old 10-25-2015, 06:07 PM   #5
bobdabaron
Less Puny Mortal

That's why I made an ISO of it awhile back in case the CD was lost or degraded... it worked brilliantly for a couple weeks then just up and kaput.

Will plead my case to Jamul, thanks for the input/assistance!
(and if all else fails I'm willing to buy again, it's that much fun )
Old 10-25-2015, 08:34 PM   #6
REACTOR
Question the trends!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobdabaron View Post
That's why I made an ISO of it awhile back in case the CD was lost or degraded... it worked brilliantly for a couple weeks then just up and kaput.

Will plead my case to Jamul, thanks for the input/assistance!
(and if all else fails I'm willing to buy again, it's that much fun )
You're welcome. Also, if you do get SWC working again would you be willing to try out testing worlds? There hasn't been much activity around here lately, and most SWC enthusiasts got too busy with real life and left.

Last edited by REACTOR; 10-25-2015 at 08:35 PM.
Old 10-25-2015, 09:15 PM   #7
bobdabaron
Less Puny Mortal

Quote:
Originally Posted by REACTOR View Post
You're welcome. Also, if you do get SWC working again would you be willing to try out testing worlds? There hasn't been much activity around here lately, and most SWC enthusiasts got too busy with real life and left.
Just decided to re-purchase. For some reason I thought it was $50, which I gulped at a little, but $30 is swingable, and it's supporting a good cause, plus good to have updates.
Whether the updated version is crash-proof, will find out tomorrow >_<

As far as beta-testing, that all depends on time commitment, I also have a real life that keeps me busy, I just dove back in here on a nostalgia kick :-p but if it's not too time-intensive I might be open to whatever I could spare on the side...
Old 10-25-2015, 09:39 PM   #8
REACTOR
Question the trends!

Quote:
Just decided to re-purchase. For some reason I thought it was $50, which I gulped at a little, but $30 is swingable, and it's supporting a good cause, plus good to have updates.
Whether the updated version is crash-proof, will find out tomorrow >_<

As far as beta-testing, that all depends on time commitment, I also have a real life that keeps me busy, I just dove back in here on a nostalgia kick :-p but if it's not too time-intensive I might be open to whatever I could spare on the side...
Remember to keep the receipt!

Also, testing can be time-intensive but it depends on what worlds you want to test. If you like I can give you the list by private message with some descriptions.
Old 10-26-2015, 12:01 PM   #9
bobdabaron
Less Puny Mortal

Two things: one, I'm gonna have to bail on that, just because I have enough commitments in life already that are keeping me plenty busy, I've had to say no to stuff I REALLY wanted to do, have to say no to something that's only mildly interesting as well...

Two, even the latest version crashed! Opened once perfectly, went to the gameplay tutorial, exited, restarted, and instant crash again >_< most likely something with the computer, rather than the game. Going to send the guy I got it from a note asking if I can factory reset and still retain the OS.
Old 10-26-2015, 08:15 PM   #10
REACTOR
Question the trends!

Yeah, you will probably have to do a factory reset. Unless Jamul may have some insight into this, you can try asking him about it. Also, your laptop seems to be incredibly cheap, only $100? There is certainly something suspicious about it.
Old 10-27-2015, 10:20 AM   #11
FlatOutLie
Cake

I think A quick online search would probably be better. also you could just yolo it its not that expensive
Old 10-27-2015, 10:49 AM   #12
bobdabaron
Less Puny Mortal

Quote:
Yeah, you will probably have to do a factory reset. Unless Jamul may have some insight into this, you can try asking him about it. Also, your laptop seems to be incredibly cheap, only $100? There is certainly something suspicious about it.
Jamul got back to me with a very promising fix, ran out of time this morning to test it out but I have a hunch it'll work corrupted profile that was installed in a hidden folder, so wasn't deleted every time I uninstalled/reinstalled.

Was a $134 laptop to be more precise, but it's refurbished not new, by a Microsoft-licensed dealer on Ebay who's sold around 3,000 of them with 100% positive feedback. Specs aren't world class but I didn't expect them to be, just adequate for nostalgia games
Old 10-27-2015, 01:38 PM   #13
FlatOutLie
Cake

Quote:
Jamul got back to me with a very promising fix, ran out of time this morning to test it out but I have a hunch it'll work corrupted profile that was installed in a hidden folder, so wasn't deleted every time I uninstalled/reinstalled.

Was a $134 laptop to be more precise, but it's refurbished not new, by a Microsoft-licensed dealer on Ebay who's sold around 3,000 of them with 100% positive feedback. Specs aren't world class but I didn't expect them to be, just adequate for nostalgia games
I think the reason it was bad was maybe he didnt do a reset instead he just deleted all the files glad you could fix it thought
Old 10-27-2015, 05:32 PM   #14
REACTOR
Question the trends!

Ahh, those pesky corrupted profiles. So you managed to fix the problem?

Last edited by REACTOR; 10-27-2015 at 05:32 PM.
Old 10-28-2015, 07:11 PM   #15
bobdabaron
Less Puny Mortal

Quote:
Ahh, those pesky corrupted profiles. So you managed to fix the problem?
Actually STILL not fixed :-( took the laptop into computer geeks, they couldn't figure it out either, every other game runs fine (original Dr. L, Kid Mystic, Sleepless Hollow), and Supreme worked fine on another computer in-store, but even the "expert" couldn't get it running again so he's holding it for a few days to wipe it and start over. Nothing lost on the machine, as I only bought it to run these games, and I had literally nothing else on it besides Hamumuware. Praying it'll work after the factory reset, if that still don't work... I don't really know, give up on life maybe?

EDIT: apologies for the brief profanity earlier, even self-censored I should have known it was out of bounds. Will be more careful in the future.

Last edited by bobdabaron; 10-29-2015 at 09:18 AM. Reason: language
Old 10-28-2015, 10:31 PM   #16
REACTOR
Question the trends!

Quote:
Actually STILL not fixed :-( took the laptop into computer geeks, they couldn't figure it out either, every other game runs fine (original Dr. L, Kid Mystic, Sleepless Hollow), and Supreme worked fine on another computer in-store, but even the "expert" couldn't get it running again so he's holding it for a few days to wipe it and start over. Nothing lost on the machine, as I only bought it to run these games, and I had literally nothing else on it besides Hamumuware. Praying it'll work after the factory reset, if that still don't work... I don't really know, give up on life maybe?
Or you could take a drastic measure and install a Linux on the computer along with WINE. I've tried running Hamumuware on Linux and it worked perfectly!
Old 10-29-2015, 09:17 AM   #17
bobdabaron
Less Puny Mortal

Quote:
Or you could take a drastic measure and install a Linux on the computer along with WINE. I've tried running Hamumuware on Linux and it worked perfectly!
I got sick of trying run-arounds with WINE on my Mac, I've been fighting that windmill for a decade, that's when I decided it's worth the $100 just to buy a PC and not have to bang my head against a wall.

Boy did I get that one wrong
Old 10-30-2015, 12:30 AM   #18
REACTOR
Question the trends!

There is also another possibility as to why SWC keeps crashing, malware! Although most variations just slow your machine down there are some that cause some serious damage and installs itself to the BIOS so that it cannot be removed unless you do a full swipe of the entire computer's memory banks.

Last edited by REACTOR; 10-30-2015 at 12:31 AM.
Old 11-01-2015, 07:03 PM   #19
bobdabaron
Less Puny Mortal

Quote:
There is also another possibility as to why SWC keeps crashing, malware! Although most variations just slow your machine down there are some that cause some serious damage and installs itself to the BIOS so that it cannot be removed unless you do a full swipe of the entire computer's memory banks.
I literally didn't use the internet on that computer or install anything besides four Hamumu games, so God help me if that was the case... but regardless, got it back Friday and so far it's working again