Hamumu Software Hamumu Software Hamumu Software
Name
Password Register
Latest Journal update: Oct 16, 2017
Old 12-31-2015, 04:13 AM   #1
REACTOR
Question the trends!

Default Happy New Year!

It's the dawn of a new year again in our lives and at this community. What shall happen around here? Will the website finally rise from the ashes of its once glorious days? Also for further conversation starters, what have people been doing in the past year?

Last edited by REACTOR; 12-31-2015 at 04:18 AM.
REACTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2015, 10:29 AM   #2
yourter12
forever gone

Default Re: Happy New Year!

I've been making music, going back to public school.

Also I don't think the website will rise from the ashes unless Jamul does something other than Growtopia. (cough Steam community cough)
Old 12-31-2015, 05:20 PM   #3
N64 Lord
CEO of the color magenta

I got a ton of appointments at my health and wellness center with the psychiatrist....of my own will.

I kind of felt that I never have opportunities to be honest in my day to day life. Not that I'm a chronic liar, but just that I constantly leave things unsaid, and never ask people to really explain what they mean when they are talking to me.

It's working out better for me than seeing a priest in a confessional booth, although that may just be me not willing to divulge as much to him as I do to here.
Old 12-31-2015, 05:39 PM   #4
sonicchaos1993
Chaos sold separately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourter12 View Post
Also I don't think the website will rise from the ashes unless Jamul does something other than Growtopia. (cough Steam community cough)
Honestly it's unlikely these forums will see much of a return, either this year or ever, without the release of a game like SWC/Loonyland/etcetera, which probably isn't likely. Even before Growtopia activity had been declining without a big title in the works. The games we saw around then like Robot Wants and such were fantastic, and I certainly get the business sense and necessity behind making them, but they weren't big enough nor had enough opportunity for community involvement to revive a stagnant forum. Big games tend to be the ones that attract attention and discussion, hence why we saw a lot of community interest back when Happyponygate and LL Tactics were being developed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by REACTOR
Also for further conversation starters, what have people been doing in the past year?
Started working in corporate IT, moved into a new apartment, got offered the opportunity to take over an IT consulting business, took 2nd place in Okami any% speedruns (though I got knocked off that spot only a couple months later), helped run a booth at RTX, livestreamed an eSports event at said booth, started playing Magic: The Gathering again after a 3 year hiatus, and in general got involved with way too many things for the amount of free time that I have.

Oh, also finally won a Grifball championship after 4+ years of trying (the majority of which were spent getting knocked out of the semifinals). Plus it was in Halo 3, so it actually matters.

AGLA FL15 Pro Circuit Champion - Tank for Hybrid Theory (AGLA) - Captain/Hybrid for Zero Logic (GGL)
sonicchaos1993 is offline   Reply With Quote