Hamumu Software Hamumu Software Hamumu Software
Name
Password Register
Latest Journal update: Oct 16, 2017

Go Back   Hamumu Forum > General > General Blabber

Old 09-20-2017, 03:06 PM   #1
TyTBone
College Boi

Lightbulb So, what are your hopes for Hamumu games over the next few years?

With Growtopia sold, maybe we can have some hope for a new game.

It's probably what most people want so there is little point in saying this, but I'd like to see a new 2.5D game or, finally, a 3D game. I assume either could be made in Unity or Unreal (3D of course, I'm unsure how tough the 2.5D style would be but probably not too tough)

Or bring back HappyPonyGate. :P At least in concept. A family-friendly GTA.
Old 09-20-2017, 03:53 PM   #2
FlatOutLie
Cake

Default Re: So, what are your hopes for Hamumu games over the next few years?

I really like hamumus rpgs. The only thing is the art style gives me a headache and the graphics are so old. But gameplay is fun and all the different play styles are amazing.

So what I'm saying is I'm hoping for an rpg definitely.
Old 09-20-2017, 06:37 PM   #3
ALLEN2
The Kid Mystic

Some remasters would be pretty nice since the old games run on 640x480 res (SWC), those games in 1080p would be great
ALLEN2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 09:09 AM   #4
N64 Lord
CEO of the color magenta

I should probbably be tarred and feathered for this, but...

I really enjoy the more arcade-y Hamumu games.
Things like the Boys for life games,Costume Party, Habitat for Horror, and this 2004 version of Sol Hunt were (or looked like) a lot of fun for me, and from a practical stand point, probably didn't require the kind of soul reaching effort as the big games. And I never have "too much time" for twin stick stuff and platformers!

I mean I really like Dr. Lunatic and Loonyland, but I also kind of feel like they are enough to satisfy my itch for that kind of top-down adventure forever. Granted I've probbably played under 40% of the Supreme worlds and haven't touched much add-on stuff.

Also I had some problems with some of the later Best Sellers-

To be honest, I'm kind of anti-RPG. Like with Kid Mystic I loved the puzzle stuff and the challenge mode, but I had problems with geting extra levels to handle the insane mode (and then it just turning into the same game once you were on level). And again with Loonyland 2, I don't really like it as much as Loonyland 1, because I find some of the more RPG and simmish things like stamina and equipment to be at odds with the level design and combat controls.

Although I'm kind of in a catch 22, because even though I don't like RPG game elements, I actually love text and story- Reading the gallery descriptions and the pseudo-behind the scenes part of some of the monster scanner, and all of loonyland 2's script and especially the commentary, were my favorite part of how the game built it's personality. The music, "kool cat bad", and the monsters were pretty great too, but even small red text like "Ick veggies" or the "scene" where you progressively drop a key over and over again in that one level of Cavernous keys: it just puts a smile on my face every time. Obviously, smaller games don't get to play around as much with text, maybe items or classes have funny descriptions, but I have to admit that if there's one thing(above the others) that I miss that came with the "scale" of the big games, this would be it.

I wouldn't be against another Hamumu adventure, but I don't want to pin it down as the only future that I can see for this place.
Old 09-21-2017, 10:10 AM   #5
HappyStikBeaver
Eyeball Tree Of Fury!

Yerfdog

Whatever Jamul does, I'll be exited. My one hope is that he starts using the journal more often again. Even if it's just for Halloween movies, game revumus and random thoughts, it's nice to get some insight.

Really the only Hamumu content I haven't cared for is Growtopia. Something about the resource allocation gives me anxiety. I agree with N64 Lord, some of the flash games are as good as anything else. The RWK series, the boys life ones (pearl diving, that tower defense game, Peewee's Nightmare (?) etc.), and Mia's Happy Day are all great games and I woudn't mind seeing more of them in the future. Sadly it seems like the flash games are all broken on Boy's Life now.
I also wish we were back at a point where Costume Party was hugely popular. We're long past the point where I'd hope for an expansion pack but the game proves how great Jamul's platforming abilities are.

Playing through both Loonylands really just made me want more of that story. The whole in-game universe is so compelling, and we were close to getting Tactics which would have been a great expansion on it. Anything set in the Loonyland map would be exciting, whether it's an arcade type or an RPG. Jamul talks about universe originality a lot in the LL2 commentary, and I think that's one of the greatest parts of ALL his games, especially the RPG types.

I'm also thinking back to the daily drawings Jamul did (in 2010 or something) which related to some new, sekrit game he had in mind. It'd be nice to know what happened with those ideas.

Anyways, I'd love to hear some thoughts on new engines, secret/cancelled games, the Loonyland series, or anything that Jamul might consider in the future. What's important is that he does what he wants to do.

Last edited by HappyStikBeaver; 09-21-2017 at 10:13 AM. Reason: Pseudoedit
HappyStikBeaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 09:43 AM   #6
.Blue Dwarf.
King of the Shrooms

HPG backwards says Get Pony Hype.

Nuff said.
Old 09-23-2017, 10:59 AM   #7
Redbone
She & her pronouns

Whatever happens, I'd be happy, but if I had to choose I'd like to see something user creation based. Seeing people's creative juices flowing and the sense of community that comes with it was a huge part of my life, and I'd love to see something like that again. I realize it would be a big gamble though, what with this community not being as big as it was. With the audience Growtopia has garnered though, anything could happen.

At any rate, anything Jamul comes up with would be fun times.
Old 09-24-2017, 04:05 PM   #8
TyTBone
College Boi

Question Re: So, what are your hopes for Hamumu games over the next few years?

What's the status of Jamul's Flash games, with Flash now basically dead? Do those need ports?
Old 09-24-2017, 09:40 PM   #9
OurEminentDoomsayer
Inanimate Carbon Rod

My favorite aspect of the Hamumu community has always been Dr. Lunatic Supreme with Cheese world building. It was awesome to get a sense of various creators' styles and specialties. Regular events like holiday themed groups of worlds and the monthly merges were a real treat. I get very nostalgic thinking of the Dr. Lunatic SwC world building scene in its prime.

I wish that there were another game to glue the community together like SwC did.

Last edited by OurEminentDoomsayer; 09-24-2017 at 09:41 PM. Reason: Relating my ramble to the topic
OurEminentDoomsayer is offline   Reply With Quote