Name
Password Register
Latest Journal update: Nov 2, 2017

Go Back   Hamumu Forum > Games > Dr. Lunatic

Old 10-31-2017, 04:15 PM   #1
SpaceManiac
Veteran Programmer

Default Halloween World Prereleases

Hey all! I imagine it's going to be largely a quiet Halloween here, but I wanted to post at least a little something, so here's preview versions of some of my worlds that have been in the pipeline for a long time. I hope to get at least the first two officially published eventually.

Halloween Horror 13 - SM
A polished and ready-to-play Halloween experience! Though there's maybe one puzzle that's a bit too hard and needs a decent hint added, I think this is one of my better Halloween Horror worlds overall.

Halloween Horror 14 - SM
While this world has a few difficulty issues and a few areas that are cosmetically bland, it's reasonably close to finished and should be completable.

Mazetastic Voyage
This world isn't even close to complete, and the reason is that this world is formed of the best levels from various abandoned worlds over the past. Many levels are maze-based, but others have more complex puzzle-style interactions.

The download can be found here. Parts of these worlds take advantage of the features in Supreme 8.0d, so be sure to grab that if you don't have it.

Last edited by SpaceManiac; 10-31-2017 at 04:18 PM.
SpaceManiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 05:33 PM   #2
Axiomatic
Comatose Shroomlord

Default Re: Halloween World Prereleases

I've had the itch to play some Dr. Lunatic recently (especially since it's Halloween today!), and I'm looking forward to checking out these worlds when I get the chance!

Last edited by Axiomatic; 10-31-2017 at 07:05 PM.
Axiomatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 06:54 AM   #3
Androgeos Exeunt
Ancient Doormat

Send a message via MSN to Androgeos Exeunt

I've already tried HH13 on the ATC and was quite pleased with what I saw. You really did a great job rebalancing it.
"The Burninator is an enigmatic weapon. Apparently forged in the medieval ages by a wizard who loved fireballs, the Burninator is regarded in legend as the ultimate fusion between arcane combustion and napalm technology."
Androgeos Exeunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 03:52 PM   #4
Axiomatic
Comatose Shroomlord

I had some time so I played through all of your levels. Overall I enjoyed them, and I saw a lot of things I hadn't seen in other worlds! I have some comments, if you're interested:

Halloween Horror 13 - SM
Solid world, no complaints.

Halloween Horror 14 - SM
I really got a laugh out of Undead Olympics. Between the fact that Bouapha had to run around the hurdles and the hilarious little dances that your opponents do at the end, it was a super memorable level. I thought Son of a Lich was a bit of a pain, and at the very end, I had to wait a couple of minutes for the Creepazoid to finally pop out again so I could grab the candle. Finally, I'm not sure if Mumble Rumble is even possible on hard without getting a lucky item drop.

Mazetastic Voyage
I liked what I saw from the few levels I actually found. I'm not a huge fan of mazes in Dr L, but you managed to add some interesting elements to spice things up a bit. I especially liked Multi Push, there were some visually fun things going on. For the Hedge Maze, you could probably make the exit a little more obvious (maybe add some light to it), because right now it looks like all of the other tunnels.

Anyway, thanks for the worlds, I look forward to playing through the latter two again when you polish/complete them. I've recently had the urge to play (and build) in SWC again, and I hope it doesn't go away anytime soon!
Old 11-03-2017, 12:31 AM   #5
HappyStikBeaver
Eyeball Tree Of Fury!

Thumbs up

Played through the HH14 today and I see axiomatic already pointed out mumble rumble is impossible on hard difficulty. Very fun world though, some great levels all around. I did have to look in the editor to figure out the monster buffet keychain. Looks like I already have HH13 completed in my world select so I guess you posted it previously.

A whole world of maze levels sounds daunting but I should get around to Mazetastic Voyage soon.

Last edited by HappyStikBeaver; 11-03-2017 at 12:31 AM. Reason: Pseudoedit
HappyStikBeaver is offline   Reply With Quote