Hamumu Software Hamumu Software Hamumu Software
Name
Password Register
Latest Journal update: Oct 17, 2017
Old 07-12-2004, 11:40 AM   #1
SpiderPumpkin
Banned

Default ...And my post is gone.

Sometimes when I post something in certain threads, my posts just disappear after some time... I tried posting in the tagline-thread 3 times some time ago and everytime my post just vanished a few seconds later! I saw someone else post in the tagline thread, too (he posted at about the same time as me), and his post is gone, too. I thought that might have had something to do with the thread being created before the database was switched. So today, I tried posting in the "Yay!"-thread in the "Our Other Games & Gamelets" forum. Guess what? My post is gone. What in the world is happening?!
And why is HTML suddenly "OFF"?
SpiderPumpkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2004, 01:08 PM   #2
Jamul
Marshmallow Head
The Boss

Posts get deleted if they are inappropriate or off-topic. Like your post in Yay was! I don't know which is the tagline thread... but HTML has always been off, or at least that was always the intent if it was ever on.
Old 07-12-2004, 02:06 PM   #3
SpiderPumpkin
Banned

1. The tagline-thread is "I'll bet you're wondering how many taglines we have."
2. I was just telling him to stop spamming. The "good for you" post didn't get deleted either.
3. Couldn't you at least have told me that you deleted it or something? Oh, and admins usually don't delete Posts at all, unless requested. Edit, yes, but not delete. This is the first time I've seen someone do that.
4. HTML used to work for me...
5. For some reason, I always have to log in 2 times, or else it logs me out as soon as I click a link. The "log me in on every visit"-thingy doesn't work either...
SpiderPumpkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2004, 02:15 PM   #4
Jamul
Marshmallow Head
The Boss

That tagline thread had a LOT of deleted posts in it because they were unnecessary. I'm sure yours were among them. If you ever have a post disappear, you can pretty much be sure I yanked it and that arguing about it isn't going to accomplish anything. I've deleted all posts from the "Yay" thread that I felt weren't appropriate (which doesn't just include yours). Deleting posts is what I do... it's what makes me an extry special admin!

It sounds like your browser is not set to accept cookies, that would probably fix all your log-in issues.
Old 07-12-2004, 09:35 PM   #5
Sol Hunt
Bounty Hunter
The Boss

Send a message via ICQ to Sol Hunt

SpiderPumpkin,

I am sure it is frustrating to be more limited in what you can say here at Hamumu, but I hope you understand that the limits are in place to keep things friendly and safe for all ages.
Posts are NEVER deleted just because we don't like or agree with what is being said. We welcome friendly discussion and debate. They are ALWAYS deleted if they are deemed too rude, offensive or otherwise inappropriate. I know that not all forums are like this, but not all forums are working as hard to attract a wider demographic.
We hope you continue to visit us here for your Dumb Gaming needs, and save the less family friendly stuff for other sites where they aren't as restrictive. After all, that is what we do. :wink:
Thanks for your understanding,
~Indigo Girls
Sol Hunt is offline   Reply With Quote