Large Mortal

Send a message via MSN to NickR
Default 11, the number - strange.

Amazing! Do exercise at end

This is SO weird!!!!

1) New York City has 11 letters
2) Afghanistan has 11 letters.
3) Ramsin Yuseb (The terrorist who threatened to destroy
the Twin Towers in 1993) has 11 letters.
4) George W Bush has 11 letters.

This could be a mere coincidence, but this gets more interesting:

1) New York is the 11th state.
2) The first plane crashing against the Twin Towers was flight number 11.
3) Flight 11 was carrying 92 passengers. 9 + 2 = 11
4) Flight 77 which also hit Twin Towers</st1:PlaceType>, was carrying 65 passengers. 6+5=11
5) The tragedy was on September 11, or 9/11 as it is now known. 9+1+1=11
6) The date is equal to the US</st1lace> emergency services telephone number 911. 9+1+1=11.
Sheer coincidence..?!

Read on and make up your own mind:

1) The total number of victims inside all the hi-jacked planes was 254. 2+5+4=11.
2) September 11 is day number 254 of the calendar year. Again 2+5+4=11.
3) The Madrid< /st1lace > bombing took place on 3/11/2004. 3+1+1+2+4 =11.
4) The tragedy of Madrid happened 911 days after the Twin Towers incident.

Now this is where things get totally eerie:

The most recognised symbol for the US , after the Stars & Stripes, is the Eagle. The following verse is taken from the Quran, the Islamic holy book:

''For it is written that a son of Arabia would awaken a fearsome eagle. The wrath of the Eagle would be felt throughout the lands of Allahand lo, while some of the people trembled in despair still more rejoiced: for the wrath of the Eagle cleansed the lands of Allah and there was peace."

That verse is number 9.11 of the Quran.

Still unconvinced about all of this..?!

Try this and see how you feel afterwards, it made my hair stand on end:

Open Microsoft Word and do the following:
1. Type in capitals Q33 NY. This is the flight number of the first plane to hit one of the Twin Towers.
2. Highlight the Q33 NY.
3. Change the font size to 48.
4. Change the actual font to WINGDINGS
Old 03-02-2006, 05:37 PM   #2
Nebro-Gubular SpisBoy
Dumb Person

What are we to conclude from this? That 11 is the number of doom or something?

If you play around with numbers enough, it is statistically certain that you will be able to find some sort of pattern by coincidence. Just think about it: try to think of every single number you can that is connected somehow with the 9/11 tragedy. You could come up with thousands of numbers, sums of numbers, telephone numbers, area codes, book pages or chapters, times of day, numbers of letters/words/people/whatever, etc. etc. Quite a few of them will somehow involve 11. E-mail it to someone, make up a few facts, and suddenly you've got convincing mystical eerie stuff.

Sorry, but this is just the same sort of pseudo-science that's behind astrology & superstition.
Old 03-03-2006, 12:37 AM   #3
pizza
Extra cheesy

Just an "Urban Legend".
Old 03-03-2006, 03:39 AM   #4
NickR
Large Mortal

Oh I agree, I just like to see these things. There have been many, some are more involved than others, I thought this one was quite good. I find it interesting to reverse engineer this sort of thing, some are very good and must have taken time to complete, others are not.

However, I would have to disagree on the astrology, but agree with the superstition.
Old 03-03-2006, 11:17 AM   #5
Stan Sunglasses
Less Puny Mortal

Send a message via MSN to Stan Sunglasses

THIS IS A VERY INTERESTING HISTORY...COINCIDENCE, LEGEND OR TRUE, I DONT KNOW!!!
Old 03-03-2006, 02:26 PM   #6
Nebro-Gubular SpisBoy
Dumb Person

Apologize if I ranted a bit, it's just that chain e-mail rumors that people take to be true really annoy me.
Old 03-03-2006, 02:54 PM   #7
TheGrimSweeper
Dumb Person

Astrology is wrong! not superstition, just plain wrong. it's based on what constellation the sun is in during certain times of the year. but that year is based on ancient greek tables. there's been a couple thousand years plus two major calendar changes since then. the sun's placement has changed! (well, it's appeared to change. it doesn't actually change, of course.) it's caused by the precession of the Earth. I won't get too complex, but a (tropical)'year' from solstice to solstice is actually shorter than a (siderial)'year' exactly one orbit. by about 20 minutes. not much on a year to year basis, but in the 2000 years since ancient greeks came up with this, it's quite significant. as a general rule, take your supposed sun sign, go backward one step, and that's you're actual sun sign. I was born in Nov, making me a Saggitarius, so my actual sign is Scorpio.
Furthermore, there are not just 12 signs of the zodiac, but 13! the overlooked one is Ophiuchus, or Jacob to the Hebrews. (that guy from the bible) Ophiuchus is the Serpent Bearer. he brought medicine to Egypt, which is why the AMA's symbol is the intertwined snakes.

ok, my rant is done. i just have to do this when someone mentions astrology.
Old 03-03-2006, 03:03 PM   #8
KrazyAquazoid
Dumb Person

Location: PUMPKINIA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Real Location: Brazil ______ Dr. Lunatic RULES!
Send a message via MSN to KrazyAquazoid

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGrimSweeper
Astrology is wrong! not superstition, just plain wrong. it's based on what constellation the sun is in during certain times of the year. but that year is based on ancient greek tables. there's been a couple thousand years plus two major calendar changes since then. the sun's placement has changed! (well, it's appeared to change. it doesn't actually change, of course.) it's caused by the precession of the Earth. I won't get too complex, but a (tropical)'year' from solstice to solstice is actually shorter than a (siderial)'year' exactly one orbit. by about 20 minutes. not much on a year to year basis, but in the 2000 years since ancient greeks came up with this, it's quite significant. as a general rule, take your supposed sun sign, go backward one step, and that's you're actual sun sign. I was born in Nov, making me a Saggitarius, so my actual sign is Scorpio.
Furthermore, there are not just 12 signs of the zodiac, but 13! the overlooked one is Ophiuchus, or Jacob to the Hebrews. (that guy from the bible) Ophiuchus is the Serpent Bearer. he brought medicine to Egypt, which is why the AMA's symbol is the intertwined snakes.

ok, my rant is done. i just have to do this when someone mentions astrology.
I degree
Old 03-03-2006, 05:08 PM   #9
NickR
Large Mortal

I do agree with some of what TheGrimSweeper is saying, but regardless of the many changes in calendars and various adjustments of our understanding of various orbits, I have to say that people generally have very many similarities with other people born in the same months cycle. I fall under the sign of Gemini, as it is now, I see lots of similarities in other Gemini's, some you could argue you see because that is what you are advised you will see, some are not so explainable.

Basically, like faith, I do not wish to offend, but it requires a belief in an improvable set of events or theories. I think it unwise, in my opinion, to rule your life by astrology, but a interest can do no harm.

What really gets me going is infinity, if space is infinite, under our laws of physics it doesn't make sense. any mass or void has to be a mass or void within something, where does the end of space happen? I just can't get my head round infinity. Having said that I watched a program with Stephen Hawkins about black holes, I was understanding everything until he explained how the black hole distorts time, as we define it, upon entry. After that point I was baffled.

Well rant is over......................
Old 03-03-2006, 08:06 PM   #10
PurpleKoopa
Koopatactular!

11 isn't such a weird number. 42...now that's supicious! How did it go from just a number to something about every sci-fi fan knows about? Oh yeah...Douglas Adams.
Old 03-03-2006, 08:42 PM   #11
TheGrimSweeper
Dumb Person

"infinity" just means unbounded. think about it like this: the surface of a sphere has no edges, so it's infinitely big. but the sphere itself is finite. so our universe is like the surface of the sphere, not the insides. it's still weird, but easier to wrap your mind around. for me, anyway.

I wasn't saying anything about the validity of astrology, or faith, or whatever. just on a fundamental level, every sun sign is off, and one sign isn't even represented.
Old 03-03-2006, 08:47 PM   #12
Nebro-Gubular SpisBoy
Dumb Person

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleKoopa2000
Oh yeah...Douglas Adams.
Interestingly enough, Douglas Adams commented on astrology in one of his books. (I forget which one) One of the characters, a famous astrologer, was saying to someone that in the literal sense astrology was completely false. However, it was a useful tool for analyzing people's personalities and characters; it was just a different way of looking at the universe around us, equally valid as science.

Do I think astrology has any valid qualities? No. But the point still ...vaguely... stands.
Closed Thread