Name
Password Register
Latest Journal update: Nov 2, 2017

Go Back   Hamumu Forum > Games > Mafia & Forum Games

Old 04-14-2008, 11:42 AM   #1
Wesley
Walks on Lava, Drowns in Water

Yerfdog Mafia Game AB9 - Suspense and Suspicion Mafia Gameplay/Idea Thread

Here is what Suspense and Suspicion Mafia is going to be about. For plot reasons, a lot of people are stranded in a mansion filled with zombies, ghosts and the like. ...You were expecting something else...? Every day, the group will decide on someone to abandon. ...Why? Well, who do you think is controlling the zombies?

Terms:

Bonds - (Mason Power) If you are with a certain person for a while (1-2 Nights, depending on how many other bonds you have), and you trust each other, you can form a bond. If you want to start a bond, PM me that you want to start a bond with X. (X being the person) I'll PM the person, and if they agree, you two can PM each other as much as you want. It's up to you.

Room: Every night, people will select rooms to sleep in via PM to me. Depending on the number of people who join, there will be a different max number of people allowed to stay in the room. In one of the rooms, there are zombies, ready to eat your braaaaaaaains. (NOTE: Of course, only 1-2 of the victims should die, otherwise my game would end fast. I'm looking for ideas on how to decide who gets killed. I'll think of something by the time my game starts, but ideas would be nice.) All of the rooms must be filled for Day to start.

Ghosts: Fiends that attempt to curse someone each day. The number in which they come varies. If they build up, players might have to make a tough decision on who to cure... It should be noted that they can effect everyone, even the mafia.

Shop: You can get items here. Items bought to ward off a ghost only work once, so if you need it again, you'll have to buy it again. Only one person per night can visit here, and buy a power. The person is decided at random. Only non-powered roles can visit the shop. On the off chance you are attacked by a ghost, and you just bought the cure for it, you are automatically free from the curse.

(Off Topic: There was going to be a coin system, but I thought this was complicated enough already, so you just get the item you want)

Here are the main game roles: (Classes marked with an * bought at the store 1 time, but ONLY after the original dies)

(NOTE: I got the inspiration for the following ideas by Redbone's Photodoomer role, Coolguy's Weatherman idea, and 3smile2's Shopkeeper idea. I'd like to thank them for coming up with them, as they were really influential for this game!)

Photographer: (Cop Type Role)

If the group feels there is something strange going on with a certain person, the photographer can take a picture, and see if the person is being effected by a ghost. If they are, the person can identify and find a way to destroy the ghost. When you take a picture of someone, you also gain a hint on what their role is. (The hint is not as obvious if the person is cursed by a ghost)

List of Ghosts, and Cures:

Green Ghost: Steadily saps target's health. If the person does not get cured within 2 days of becoming cursed, the person dies. When the player is cursed, they get a PM saying so. The person who is effected by this speaks different then normal, so it is the only ghost that can be detected without a photograph. Strangely vulnerable to bullets.

Blue Ghost: Freezes person, not allowing them to choose which room to be in the night after the current one. Can be hit with a match.

Red Ghost: Makes it so a person has a post limit. Can be hit with an ice cube.

Black Ghost: Forces you to be only able to accuse people. You are not able to defend someone.

White Ghost: Forces you to be only able to defend people. You are not able to accuse someone.

Weatherman: (Cop Type Role) *

Every night, the weatherman can change the weather. It can be used to find ghosts and zombies, making it a powerful role. However, it's accuracy is not perfect, so you must be careful of whether (No pun intended) you trust him or not. To find a ghost, make the weather seem to be opposite of the ghost colour. For example, if you make it so it rains and it gets dark outside, you might be able to see a White Ghost. However, you may also see a Red Ghost. If you make it Sunny, you may see a Black Ghost, but you may also see a Blue Ghost. The weatherman cannot detect a green ghost. (But to make up for that, anyone can find someone who's being cursed by a Green Ghost) To find zombies, you may select two rooms to watch. The weather man will then make a thunderstorm outside. If a flash happens, and you see a deformed figure when the room is temporarily lit up, likely there's a zombie inside. Note that the Weatherman can do both at the same time. (The accuracy is questionable, and you may go to the store getting the wrong item, so it evens it out a bit. You also might die from a zombie/medic mixup.)

Medic: (Doctor Type Role) *

The Medic is able to save someone from zombie injuries if they are in the same room. However, they are vulnerable to being attacked themselves, so it's a risky move. Medics have no effect on supernatural illnesses, so if someone is being targeted by a ghost, the medic can do nothing.

Possible Changes:

- Weatherman selects three targets to watch during the weather change, instead of watching everyone. However, this may make it less helpful, as the results are not accurate to begin with.

Other Things:

- (Half-Copy of what I said above) I'm looking for ideas on how to decide who gets killed when there are multiple victims in the zombie room. I'll likely think of something by the time my game starts, but ideas would be nice.

- I might make it so more then one person can visit the shop per night, but I'm not sure.
20:54:02 [Moltanem2000] Socrates was mortal, cats are mortal, thus socrates is a cat
20:54:12 [SpaceManiac] What sort of game would you want to play that has "Health and Welfare" as its topic
20:54:28 [Redbone] AN FPS PLS

Last edited by Wesley; 04-14-2008 at 11:43 AM.
Wesley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 02:04 PM   #2
Sillyman
Does not exist. Fnord.

Default Re: Mafia Game AB9 - Suspense and Suspicion Mafia Gameplay/Idea Thread

Idea: The person who was least active during the day is targeted, unless they post nothing at all and they did not do so yesterday, in which case they are immune. Post ties broken by line count, line ties broken by word count, word ties broken by character count. If it's still a tie, they both die.
------END GEEK CODE BLOCK------
Blaaaah.
Sillyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 03:59 PM   #3
Wesley
Walks on Lava, Drowns in Water

That might work... Also, I forgot to add, if there are any glaring unbalanced things, I'd like people to point them out. I don't think there's anything, but I could have easily missed something.
20:54:02 [Moltanem2000] Socrates was mortal, cats are mortal, thus socrates is a cat
20:54:12 [SpaceManiac] What sort of game would you want to play that has "Health and Welfare" as its topic
20:54:28 [Redbone] AN FPS PLS
Wesley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 10:41 PM   #4
Mapletree
Flying Gear

Good ideas!
Thanks that i could inspire you!

Mapletree is offline   Reply With Quote