Name
Password Register
Latest Journal update: Nov 2, 2017

Go Back   Hamumu Forum > Games > Mafia & Forum Games

Old 09-10-2011, 10:30 AM   #1
sonicchaos1993
Chaos sold separately.

Default Mafia 15--Split Screen Mafia--PECCIOLI Town Thread

It's the morning of September 10, 2011. Around the world, video game retails prepare to open and prepare for the flood of eager games waiting to get their hands on the next big hit--Mafia Italia. This new game is expected to be the biggest strategy game of the year.

The stores open, and you run inside and pick up the copy of Mafia Italia that you pre-ordered months in advance. You quickly run back home and invite a friend to play the game with you. You start up the game, and get placed into a "Two-Town" mafia game. You are put into Peccioli. Your friend is put into Empoli. Let the witchhunt (mafiahunt?) begin.

RULES:
1. Lurking is prohibited and will be dealt with harshly. If you are lurking and no replacements are available, I may be forced to modkill you to keep the game moving smoothly. The best way to prevent this is to not lurk.
2. Since the towns will eventually be combined, publicly posting the roles of dead players could give the members of the other town an unfair advantage. Therefore, when a player dies, I will send his role via PM to all members of that town. This information may NOT be shared with your friend from Empoli. If I find that you have done so, both you and your friend will be modkilled, with further repercussions against your team/s a possibility.
3. Day deadlines are 72 hours. At this time, a No Lynch will occur if a majority has not been reached.
4. Night deadlines are 36 hours. Night will NOT end until these 36 hours are up. This prevents players from easily seeing who was online and able to send the kill.
5. Day ends once the deadline is reached or when a majority is lynched. If a player receives a majority vote, night has begun and there is no more talking. If night posting becomes a problem, I will be forced to take action to remove said problem.
6. You may not quote your role PM, either in the thread or when communicating with your friend from Empoli. Breaking this rule results in an instant modkill.
7. Have fun, and keep it positive. I reserve the right to remove a player from the game for any reason, whether it be by replacement or modkill. If I feel like the game is becoming negative to the point that flaming is a definite possibility, I may opt to remove the players causing that negativity.
8. Always keep in mind that this is an experimental gametype. Things could become unbalanced and/or broken.
9. All other Hamumu Mafia Rules apply, unless I am asked beforehand and say otherwise.

IT IS NOW NIGHT 0. NIGHT ENDS IN 36 HOURS. SEND PMs!

Alive Pecciolians:
texasjoshua
Pewskeepski
seamonkey
Gigacat
Sakura-Chan
. Yellow Wizard .
BunnyBot 5000
Felixrain

AGLA FL15 Pro Circuit Champion - Tank for Hybrid Theory (AGLA) - Captain/Hybrid for Zero Logic (GGL)
sonicchaos1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 01:23 PM   #2
sonicchaos1993
Chaos sold separately.

Default Re: Mafia 15--Split Screen Mafia--PECCIOLI Town Thread

Sakura-Chan was killed by the mafia last night. Her role PM will be PM'd to all members of this town. Remember that this information may not be shared with anyone.

It is now Day 1.

Players:
texasjoshua
Pewskeepski
seamonkey
Gigacat
. Yellow Wizard .
BunnyBot 5000
Felixrain

Dead Players:
Sakura-Chan

AGLA FL15 Pro Circuit Champion - Tank for Hybrid Theory (AGLA) - Captain/Hybrid for Zero Logic (GGL)
Old 09-12-2011, 01:44 PM   #3
sonicchaos1993
Chaos sold separately.

Oh, and Sakura-Chan does get a last gasp.

I still need a confirmation PM from BunnyBot 5000.

I also forgot to mention this earlier, but from now on, please send all night action to both me and darkguyhades, who is co-hosting.

Old 09-12-2011, 02:26 PM   #4
Sakura-chan
Banned

So, this is how it's going to be? Every time I try to play a game, I'm going to be killed right away? That's lame.
Sakura-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 02:58 PM   #5
texasjoshua
Secretly Dr. Lunatic

Well! For once I'm actually town again, so time to actually relearn how to play as a townie.....

In the meantime I'm going to ask everyone to post why they think Sakura would be killed out of everyone,

my thoughts:
1. Keeping all experienced players alive so that suspicion will generate on them.
2. An inexperienced player who thought Sakura played well last game
3. Pure Spite(and I hope it wasn't this.)

Everyone please post and give your opinions, lets get this game moving!
texasjoshua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 03:18 PM   #6
Pewskeepski
Peanut Gallery

My thoughts are...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texasjoshua
1. Keeping all experienced players alive so that suspicion will generate on them.
I don't think so 'cause the mafia also killed CheeseLord. (they are working together from both towns, correct?)

2. An inexperienced player who thought Sakura played well last game
Possible, I don't really have any comments on this theory.

3. Pure Spite(and I hope it wasn't this.)
(Me neither.) If this is the case, it might either be you, or Felixrain. (More inclined to think it'd be Felix due to him holding a bigger grudge)
Of course, none if this is substantial, especially thinking that personnel opinions were involved.

We know that BunnyBot5000 didn't send the night kill because he hasn't been confirmed yet. So that's good
Old 09-12-2011, 04:03 PM   #7
seamonkey
spoon eater

Soooooo...How's it going. I have no new theories to add, however I would like to add/comment on them.

On the experienced alive means suspicion: I don't think the mafia parties work together due to this (hope my bbcode works)
Quote:
Once a town/mafia wins their respective village, the two villages combine (with some twists thrown in to keep things balanced).
To me this means this theory is still open.

On the inexperienced theory (not to imply that sakura doesn't play well), we don't have anyone very inexperienced here sooooooo...

On the Spite theory: I have nothing to add.

OH! I do have a theory to add: It may of been someone who doesn't want to deal with the fast paced play-style of Sakura. Yeah that may throw a bit of suspicion onto myself, but eh who cares.

That being said vote: Felix.Might as well get it moving.
"So tell me Harry, what exactly is the purpose of a rubber duck?" -Mr. Weasly
seamonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 04:45 PM   #8
sonicchaos1993
Chaos sold separately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by seamonkey View Post
I don't think the mafia parties work together due to this.
I thought I mentioned this in the rules (I might have forgotten though), but the two mafia are not allies.

Vote Count: (4 for a decision)
Felixrain--1 (seamonkey)

Just a reminder, day deadlines are 72 hours, which means that this day will end once I get home from school on Thursday.

Old 09-12-2011, 05:47 PM   #9
texasjoshua
Secretly Dr. Lunatic

Yep, at this point I'm just stating the obvious in an attempt to get people to talk, of course we all know what that other option would be but can't say it due to rules.

Overall no body has done anything suspicious at this point, but of course mafia would be easy if the mafia wore name-tags

I think Seamonkeys or the unmentionable one is most likely reason for the mafia murder choice though.

In the meantime everyone else needs to get talking with ideas suggestions as well!
Old 09-12-2011, 09:26 PM   #10
Gigacat
Pinkie Pirate!

Well, i have not much to add... But talk, guys! Thats the only way we will be able to get the mafia (apart from cops...). I dont think anyone on this site would kill SC simply because of what she has said, im more inclined to think the mafia killed her because she causes posting, posting causes evidence, evidence causes successful lynch.
Old 09-13-2011, 12:33 AM   #11
Felixrain
has transformed!

Location: That's a good question. I'm not quite sure at the moment, give me a little time to think about it.

Somebody's quick to vote me. The two people so far who have mentioned me as possibly mafia before I even posted were Seamonkey and Pewskeepski. But you knew that bit.

Pewskeepski takes Texas's post and uses the 'Pure Spite' bit as an oppertunity to attack me. Who knows what people think about Sakura, anyone could have committed the kill. I'm sure he'll use this as evidence against me later on.

And then Seamonkey pushes the boat out by VOTING me. Three posts in as well and it's not even random. As I said earlier, anyone could want Sakura dead, or I could be being framed. If that was the case I would suspect the two people who have mentioned me as suspicious, because it would make sence to
1. Kill Sakura
2. Get someone else to mention reasons for killing Sakura
3. Bandwagon on said suspicions to jab at framee
4. ???
5. Profit!
Of course that is only a possibility. Which probably isn't the case, but nevermind.

Who I am quite suspicious of however, is Gigacat.
Quote:
Well, i have not much to add... But talk, guys! Thats the only way we will be able to get the mafia (apart from cops...). I dont think anyone on this site would kill SC simply because of what she has said, im more inclined to think the mafia killed her because she causes posting, posting causes evidence, evidence causes successful lynch.
I think a bit of thought went into this reasoning. Too much thought. Also, asking everyone to talk a lot seems a bit suspicious to me; he might be trying to set up a web of confusion. On that note Vote: Gigacat
- A spambot
Felixrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 01:26 AM   #12
Gigacat
Pinkie Pirate!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felixrain View Post
Somebody's quick to vote me. The two people so far who have mentioned me as possibly mafia before I even posted were Seamonkey and Pewskeepski. But you knew that bit.

Pewskeepski takes Texas's post and uses the 'Pure Spite' bit as an oppertunity to attack me. Who knows what people think about Sakura, anyone could have committed the kill. I'm sure he'll use this as evidence against me later on.

And then Seamonkey pushes the boat out by VOTING me. Three posts in as well and it's not even random. As I said earlier, anyone could want Sakura dead, or I could be being framed. If that was the case I would suspect the two people who have mentioned me as suspicious, because it would make sence to
1. Kill Sakura
4. ???
5. Profit!
Of course that is only a possibility. Which probably isn't the case, but nevermind.

I think a bit of thought went into this reasoning. Too much thought. Also, asking everyone to talk a lot seems a bit suspicious to me; he might be trying to set up a web of confusion. On that note Vote: Gigacat
Never seen town win without some thinking done...

But seriously, games where no one talks are hard for the town to win. This has been proven countless times in the past. With sakura involved, posts increase by a LOT. (not trying to offend, just your play style) Therefore, evedence increases by a lot. FOS: Felixrain. I think he might just be blowing small evedence out of proportion, so that is why i dont vote.
Old 09-13-2011, 01:50 PM   #13
sonicchaos1993
Chaos sold separately.

The Sun is around midday...

Vote Count: (4 to lynch)
Gigacat-2 (Felixrain, BunnyBot 5000)
Felixrain-1 (seamonkey)

Last edited by sonicchaos1993; 09-13-2011 at 02:46 PM.
Old 09-13-2011, 02:43 PM   #14
BunnyBot 5000
King of Robotic Bunnies

Well, I guess it's time to make my opening post. Having reviewed the previous posts, both Seamonkey and Gigacat are suspicious ATM. Seamonkey is less so because SOMEBODY has to make the first vote, and random voting is a commonly used tactic in Mafia.

However, Gigacat is acting rather strange. His first post contained a rather detailed explanation as to why Sakura-chan was night kill'd. Yes, the posting causes evidence and evidence causes mafia death, but that's a bit too well thought out for the first day. Then, Felixrain explains why Gigacat is mafiaish, but then Giga explains why no talking makes games hard to win. True, but re-explaining the reasoning behind the no-talk mafia win makes it seem as though you WANT this to happen. You even say that Felix is just 'blowing small evidence out of proportion' when, even if it may be small, you have to pay attention to all the evidence you get. You can't really 'blow it out of proportion'.

Due to this reasoning, I will Vote: Gigacat
I'll get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!
Your safety is our number four concern.
BunnyBot 5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 02:52 PM   #15
texasjoshua
Secretly Dr. Lunatic

Quote:

1. Kill Sakura
4. ???
5. Profit!

It seems innocent enough to me. I think you could just be overreacting FOS: Felix at the moment but I'll give him a moment to think things through as well, seems just a bit of overreaction on his part, but then again if Felix was mafia he wouldn't make it so obvious. So I'll hold off on actually voting him for now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BunnyBot 5000 View Post
Well, I guess it's time to make my opening post. Having reviewed the previous posts, both Seamonkey and Gigacat are suspicious ATM. Seamonkey is less so because SOMEBODY has to make the first vote, and random voting is a commonly used tactic in Mafia.

However, Gigacat is acting rather strange. His first post contained a rather detailed explanation as to why Sakura-chan was night kill'd. Yes, the posting causes evidence and evidence causes mafia death, but that's a bit too well thought out for the first day. Then, Felixrain explains why Gigacat is mafiaish, but then Giga explains why no talking makes games hard to win. True, but re-explaining the reasoning behind the no-talk mafia win makes it seem as though you WANT this to happen. You even say that Felix is just 'blowing small evidence out of proportion' when, even if it may be small, you have to pay attention to all the evidence you get. You can't really 'blow it out of proportion'.

Due to this reasoning, I will Vote: Gigacat
That's true for the most part but also for the most part I was doing the exact same thing. I'm probably just paranoid for others attacking before all the evidence is out but it seems to me that if you were mafia the actions you are taking now would set you up for a perfect win in the future. Once again holding off for defense and replys but if this were to escalate any further I would tend to side with SM and Pew.

I'll post a suspicion list after the next few posts.
Old 09-13-2011, 03:17 PM   #16
. Yellow Wizard .
Cliffy1000 Eater

Hello everyone.
I have read the above posts and I'm inclined to think Gigacat is a legit mafia, but I have one question before I vote him.
How would Gigacat set up a "web of confusion", Felix? And what would that mean? I feel that that needs to be clarified to me as I (along with everyone else, obviously) don't know whether he IS trying to throw us off or point us on the right track.
Old 09-13-2011, 03:39 PM   #17
seamonkey
spoon eater

Quote:

Pewskeepski takes Texas's post and uses the 'Pure Spite' bit as an opportunity to attack me. Who knows what people think about Sakura, anyone could have committed the kill. I'm sure he'll use this as evidence against me later on.

1. Kill Sakura
4. ???
5. Profit!
hmm. I must admit that is a legitimate theory as to why Sakura was lynched. Some people have been quite open about spitefulness in relation to Sakura. Therefore killing her makes spite a theory, causing those said people to be suspicious. Proof of this is
Quote:
I think Seamonkeys or the unmentionable one is most likely reason for the mafia murder choice though.
Anyway my vote was random. It may of been better that that wasn't clear, because I think Felix somewhat over reacted to the evidence so he could be a mafia but still not enough for a lynch
"So tell me Harry, what exactly is the purpose of a rubber duck?" -Mr. Weasly
seamonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 12:29 AM   #18
Felixrain
has transformed!

Location: That's a good question. I'm not quite sure at the moment, give me a little time to think about it.

I don't see how exactly I am overreacting. It would be helpful if you could point it out.

Quote:
hmm. I must admit that is a legitimate theory as to why Sakura was lynched. Some people have been quite open about spitefulness in relation to Sakura. Therefore killing her makes spite a theory, causing those said people to be suspicious. Proof of this is
Quote:
Anyway my vote was random. It may of been better that that wasn't clear, because I think Felix somewhat over reacted to the evidence so he could be a mafia but still not enough for a lynch
That's not proof, it's an opinion. It doen't necessarily mean every godfather is going to kill Seamonkey. Also as I said, anybody could kill Sakura as nobody really knows who has a grudge against anybody. (On that note, how did anybody spring to the conclusion that I have a grdge on Sakura?) And that was a random vote? I certainly didn't get that from your post. Any suspicion I may have had on you I lift.

Quote:
How would Gigacat set up a "web of confusion", Felix? And what would that mean? I feel that that needs to be clarified to me as I (along with everyone else, obviously) don't know whether he IS trying to throw us off or point us on the right track.
Basically what I mean is, more discussion may as Giga said bring more evidence to get the mafia with but it is 10x easier to throw the town into confusion. I note he left the latter part out.
- A spambot
Felixrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 01:50 AM   #19
Gigacat
Pinkie Pirate!

True, talking does make it easy for the mafias to win, but i think that it is worth it. The pace of the game at the moment, now that we all have posted, is good i think. If the mafia did decide to spread a "web-of-confusion", it would be fairly easy to pick up on. And as for my theory, I was just putting myself in the shoes of the mafia; little posts is hard to win, so kill Sakura. By asking everyone to post, i am countering that (if it was the reason the mafia killed Sakura)
Old 09-14-2011, 07:35 AM   #20
Pewskeepski
Peanut Gallery

Quote:
(On that note, how did anybody spring to the conclusion that I have a grdge on Sakura?)
You almost didn't want to play this game because of her.