Name
Password Register
Latest Journal update: Oct 22, 2017

Go Back   Hamumu Forum > Games > Dr. Lunatic

Old 09-22-2006, 11:36 AM   #1
worldtesterguy
Guy Who Tests Worlds

Quote:
Good luck with that! I sent in my first world a couple days ago, and WTG informed me that it had a whole payload of bugs! Mainly because I was too lazy to pretest it. Anyways, good luck!
What you do not understand is that if every world builder sent in a huge world that they had not tested at least once to see if it can be passed then there would not be any time left at all to test all of the worlds and no worlds would ever get posted. Mike does not have time to test these. I make the time. I do not ask for very much.
How about just playing the world from the world select screen start to finish once before sending it in? Just select your world and choose "Reset world". Play it and when you can get 100 percent without cheating then send it in to me. If everyone would do this then I could spend time helping people making the worlds better. Instead, I am wasting time trying to pass a world that cannot even be passed. It's not fun to play the same level dozens and dozens of times just to find out that it cannot be passed. I do not look in the editor until I have thoroughly tried to beat the level. I don't get mad at builders who pay attention and listen to my suggestions or suggestions from other builders on the forum. Everyone learns from experience. I do get upset when I have tested a world that has been sent to me 10 times and the errors that were noted to be fixed are still there. Give me a break. I am only human. I cannot do everything.

World Tester Guy
worldtesterguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 03:29 PM   #2
death
Banned

um... not funny, anyways, I think you could only be able to cheat twice because their are few worlds where I do not have to cheat in to pass.
death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 03:50 PM   #3
Jamul
Marshmallow Head
The Boss

No... WTG plays every world with NO cheats. How else can you know it's possible to pass? If you can't complete your own world without cheating, it's NOT ACCEPTABLE! That's an incredibly simple and logical rule. What he said above is just plain the rules, all based on perfectly logical things.

And let me note that they are NOT designed to single out one particular person, and there's not just one person who causes WTG to repeatedly play things (in fact, most builders seem to, from what I've heard). So anybody who thinks they are in a war with WTG and hated by him just needs to step back and think about things from a wider perspective. He deals with a whole lot of builders, and a lot of them you've never heard of, because they just won't fix their worlds at all. I have heard some stories...
Old 09-22-2006, 04:33 PM   #4
death
Banned

are you saying that you personally know wtg?

I think he hates me because I have told him MANY TIMES about my short-term memory loss yet he still seems to get angry with me. I am sorry If I interpreted your messages wrong wtg, but I am hurt alot by your messages that completely destroy the worlds I work long and hard for[/rant]
Old 09-22-2006, 04:44 PM   #5
worldtesterguy
Guy Who Tests Worlds

Quote:
Originally Posted by death
are you saying that you personally know wtg?

I think he hates me because I have told him MANY TIMES about my short-term memory loss yet he still seems to get angry with me. I am sorry If I interpreted your messages wrong wtg, but I am hurt alot by your messages that completely destroy the worlds I work long and hard for[/rant]
I do not hate you. You can print out an email and mark off the list the things as you fix them. Memory has nothing to do with it. Get real!

Quote:
um... not funny, anyways, I think you could only be able to cheat twice because their are few worlds where I do not have to cheat in to pass.
This explains a whole lot. You have never passed your own worlds! You need to have more respect for everyone. Quit blaming other people for your problems! I have been very very patient with you! I have done nothing to hurt your feelings. I have just finally been blunt with you because you do not listen. I think that I can safely say that you have hurt many other forum members' feelings than I have. You are downright rude to some of these nice people on the forum!

World Tester Guy
Old 09-22-2006, 04:46 PM   #6
Jamul
Marshmallow Head
The Boss

I'm confused... why wouldn't I know WTG? I "hired" him (in the sense that he or she works for free! The best kind of hiring).

WTG reports what is wrong with your worlds. I'm sure that can be disappointing to see after you've worked hard, but it's helpful, not hateful.
Old 09-22-2006, 04:51 PM   #7
Julian
Is a ninja

Send a message via MSN to Julian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamul
No... WTG plays every world with NO cheats. How else can you know it's possible to pass? If you can't complete your own world without cheating, it's NOT ACCEPTABLE! That's an incredibly simple and logical rule. What he said above is just plain the rules, all based on perfectly logical things.
I agree jamul.
Julian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 05:35 PM   #8
death
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by worldtesterguy

I have done nothing to hurt your feelings.
so you can read minds? how would you know how my feelings work?

[quote="worldtesterguy"]
I think that I can safely say that you have hurt many other forum members' feelings than I have. You are downright rude to some of these nice people on the forum![quote]

When and Who? I don't recall doing anything that would seem offensive in any way.
Old 09-22-2006, 06:24 PM   #9
Armando322

Not to use anyone's words against them, but I think politeness isn't the point here. Don't get me wrong, it's still important, but Death, you need to realise that WTG doesn't have to spend his time testing your world(s). I believe you that they're great, but if you can't take the time to test or fix them properly, why should he/she?

We're not trying to gang up on you here, but Jamul and WTG are making a point. Don't forget that it's just a game people, A wonderful, incredibly fun game, which I am thankful that Jamul made. But there's no reason to hate each other for it.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As for your world, julianmh102, I am looking forward to it's release.
Old 09-22-2006, 06:32 PM   #10
worldtesterguy
Guy Who Tests Worlds

Death:

You need to get over yourself. Quit taking shots at me in every place that you can think of. I have never hurt you in any way. If I have then I am sorry. You just cannot let go of this. If you cannot find it in your heart to let it go, please quit posting at all!

I think Mike has had enough of this and I know that everyone else has. I have tried my hardest to let you know that I do not hate you. I am a sincere person. You just don't get it!

:? World Tester Guy :?
Old 09-22-2006, 09:17 PM   #11
blackmyth
eats people.

Quote:
<snip>I think Mike has had enough of this<snip>
Indeed, last time he threatened to ban anybody unsmart enough to keep attackingyou/saying anything bad about you.
Old 09-23-2006, 06:10 AM   #12
Hammered
Nailed It!

You know I can never resist adding in my $.02 in WTG's favor, so here goes. WTG does not need your abuse, but rather your respect. People who donate their time free in order to make everything nice for everybody should receive nothing but thank yous from any of us. I don't want to play worlds that I have to cheat to win, so I don't build worlds that require cheating to win. Some of my worlds have hard levels, but i try to include clever hints in the tough ones so that the player can beat them without cheating if they can decipher the clues.

There are several players around here who make it a personal goal to beat every world without cheating. Just because you, as a builder, cannot beat other worlds without cheating does not make it OK for you to build worlds that nobody can win without cheating. Everyone needs to know before they start playing a level that there is some way to beat it. Otherwise, how can they know whether they should not even try or take the time to figure out how to win?

Finally, I offer this piece of advice one more time: Get a testing buddy, a fellow builder who will run through your world and give you opinions on what is too easy and what is impossible. It's tough to see your own mistakes. You can't tell that it is completely impossible to find that keychain you just hid so cleverly, because you know where it is. If you get another builder to test for you, the two of you can swap testing and then send worlds to WTG that you know at least two people can pass. Those of you who think WTG doesn't like you should see the value of sending a world to WTG with a paragraph that includes the words: Here is my latest project, XYZ World, on which both my testing buddy and I have 100% and all keychains and the loony key. There still could be a few minor problems with such a world, but it is unlikely that you will get a big laundry list of items to fix. My worlds always go to WTG with a note that both Christian and I have 100% and they are often accepted without any changes whatsoever on my part.

I know WTG got at least a couple of dozen worlds this month because of the point bonus and he'll probably be buried in HH7s and WW5s over the next couple of months, as well, so why don't you guys give him a break and only send in worlds that have been thoroughly tested?[/rant]
Old 09-23-2006, 07:07 AM   #13
ScienceGuy
Dumb Person

Send a message via AIM to ScienceGuy

I agree with Hammered. Wtg works hard when hh and ww levels are being made. And I have never kown Wtg to be rude to anybody on the forums.
Old 09-23-2006, 07:09 AM   #14
BryanSNK
Yerfdog!

WTG does a great job on all the worlds, so be nice to him

On another note...WTG did you get to my world yet?
BryanSNK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2006, 07:59 AM   #15
susan3001
Dumb Person

Death cheats in most worlds?!!!!!! I guess that's why you make your games so hard!

I agree with everyone else. It's nice of WTG to test all these games for us.
Appreciate him for what he does for you and try not to be so defensive.

Death, you know we all like you. The forums would not be the same without you!
Old 09-23-2006, 09:07 AM   #16
Wesley
Walks on Lava, Drowns in Water

Quote:
Originally Posted by susan3001
Death, you know we all like you. The forums would not be the same without you!
That's true. The spam battle topic would have never gotten this far without your help. And you've made some good worlds too!
20:54:02 [Moltanem2000] Socrates was mortal, cats are mortal, thus socrates is a cat
20:54:12 [SpaceManiac] What sort of game would you want to play that has "Health and Welfare" as its topic
20:54:28 [Redbone] AN FPS PLS
Wesley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2006, 09:13 AM   #17
ducklegion
creator of art!

Send a message via ICQ to ducklegion Send a message via AIM to ducklegion Send a message via MSN to ducklegion Send a message via Yahoo to ducklegion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammered
Get a testing buddy

Thats what I do.
Well it doesnt work all the time but I do it..
WTG knows im not the worlds greatest biulder
11:00 PM [Jamul] you have successfully told the past!
ducklegion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2006, 09:59 AM   #18
worldtesterguy
Guy Who Tests Worlds

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducklegion
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammered
Get a testing buddy

Thats what I do.
Well it doesnt work all the time but I do it..
WTG knows im not the worlds greatest biulder
Don't beat yourself up. Your world is fun and you wanted to try new things. Sometimes they work out and sometimes they don't. I think you did a great job on this world.

On another note:
I have received more worlds than I could ever imagine in the last couple of weeks. There are a lot of good ones and there have been a lot that have had major problems. I would love it if you just did the one thing before sending your worlds in.
Go to the world select screen
Choose your world
Click on Reset world
Go back and play the world from start to finish without cheating and get to 100 percent.
This would save hours of precious time so that I can get the rest of the worlds tested and sent to Mike to post.

Thanks everyone for your kind words

I really do enjoy doing this and I want to continue. I don't try to offend anyone. So if I have I apologize now.

Keep on pumping out your masterpieces for all to enjoy!

:P World Tester Guy
Old 09-23-2006, 10:46 AM   #19
death
Banned

I am just stressing over the fact that wtg says I am hurtful.

I do not know who I hurt or when so please tell me.
Old 09-23-2006, 11:06 AM   #20
worldtesterguy
Guy Who Tests Worlds

Quote:
Originally Posted by death
I am just stressing over the fact that wtg says I am hurtful.

I do not know who I hurt or when so please tell me.
Just get over it!