Name
Password Register
Latest Journal update: Oct 20, 2017
Old 03-26-2007, 08:54 PM   #1
PurpleKoopa
Koopatactular!

Default PIRATE MAFIA, yarr

PIRATE MAFIA

Arr, welcome to the Rusty Shell, the finest pieces of wood nicely assembled into a ship and I think I said that already? Yeah.

A few rules before we set off...
  1. No chatting in the Chatroom about Pirate Mafia about who is mafia and stuff like that. EVER.
  2. In case someone did, you cannot use it as reference in your posts.
  3. Don't copy any PMs the Cap'n sends you regarding the game and put them somewhere. You can paraphase them, but no copy paste business.
  4. No posting at night, unless it's a last gasp.
  5. Votes must be like this - VOTE: Person, and unvotes like this - UNVOTE. I will not count them otherwise.
  6. Don't lurk or you get replaced.
  7. If you die, you get a last gasp, but then you are dead. So don't post afterwards!
  8. If you have a question, feel free to post (not at night) or PM the Cap'n.
  9. Play nicely, guys!
~~~

The sun shone brightly as the sixteen pirates boarded the Rusty Shell. Cap'n Koops turned over to his first mate, familiar, and his Spooky Pirate Skeleton - Not A Pirate Mafia Role. "Arr, we got a good crew of scallywags, eh NAPMR?" the reptilian captain said to his buddy, as he hoisted the anchor and setted sail.

NAPMR bobbed his skeletal head up and down in agreement. "Sure, Cap'n, but I think that we could be in trouble to your family reunion to Isla de la Tortuga."

"What's that?"

"First off, does your family even know all these pirates that you're taking with you?"

Cap'n Koops moaned a little bit, and replied, "Eh, I'm sure they've seen their share of pirates. Since they have one in the family! Ah ha ha harr yarr arr!" He gave his familiar a hearty slap on the back, nearly hitting him overboard. "What else is there to worry about?"

Not A Pirate Mafia Role said, "Remember what happened last time?"

The Cap'n looked nervous, but shook it off. "'Tis no worry. I'm sure the Rusty Shell is undead free - besides yeself, of course."

NAPMR shrugged. He bounced on top of a large barrel of monkeys. "Listen here, ye sea dogs!" he called out to the crew, despite the fact that there were no dogs on board. Still, the crew gathered 'round. "There be a tale... that this ship... could be HAUNTED!"

The pirates, as worthy sea dogs that they were, now tried throwing themselves overboard. But Cap'n Koops scared them back with his trusty banana blade, leaving them to hear the story about to be told.

NAPMR started his tale, "Long ago! There was another pirate cap'n... He had a grudge for the cap'n of THIS ship..."

Cap'n Koops cried out in defense, "I only blew up his ship! What be wrong with that?"

The Spooky Pirate Skeleton continued, "Now, this other pirate cap'n had a friend, the witch doctor, and she told him what to do... The witch doctor said, 'Ooo, eee, ooo aah aah...' Oh wait, she didn't say that. She told him to use his now ghostly self to gather his own ghostly crew, and haunt this ship... She told him to stay hidden, but make sure that he retain his ghostly self by midnight..."

"Did he do that?" asked one pirate in the crowd.

"Aye, he did! And he may be doing it now... but late at night, you will see him turn back into a ghost... and do you know why?"

The pirates stood silent for a while, but the pirate asked again, "Uh... because he respecter?"

Cap'n Koops raised an eyebrow, but then groaned. "That was a horrible pun!"

The pirate said, "Wait, what?"

"Respecter! He respected 'er, the witch doctor, and he respectered, turned back into a ghost! That was horrible!" yelled the Cap'n, who apparently took puns with made up words.

NAPMR finished, "And that's why this ship may be haunted! So keep ye eyes open, because the ghosts could be anyone!" The audience yawned a little bit, not getting the point. But suddenly, a cackling 'rang about the ship, and it suddenly grew dark!

The pirate crowd was worried. "What's that?" "What the heck? It was bright a second ago!"

A vortex grew, and out came a ghostly pirate...

"Ectobeard!" cried the Cap'n, pointing to the ghost.

"Koops!" cried Ectobeard, pointing to the turtle.

..."Not A Pirate Mafia Role!" said NAPMR, pointing to himself.

"Ye blew up me ship," said Ectobeard... "And took away me diginity! And for that, I have me crew with me, and we'll haunt you all the way to your family reunion... if we will even allow ye to get there!" Ectobeard flew back into the vortex, cackling all the while.

Everyone stood silent, but Cap'n Koops piped up, "Well, that was quick. Time to get some sleep!"

We are starting with Night 1. Send in yer PMs!

~~~
SHIPMATES

• Wesley
  • Coolguy
  • Mr.Onion
  • WackieWatty
  • PlasmaCannonsRule
  • Hammered
  • regeneratorizer
  • AtkinsSJ
  • Justin
  • drgamer
  • ducklegion
  • evil clone
  • blackmyth
  • julianmh102
  • rtys
  • varkarrus
ROLE LIST
Possible shipmates to replace lurkers arrr - Chaucer, HappyStickMan, and Sol Hunt. If you want to replace lurkers, please tell me!!!

Another reminder, we are starting with Night 1. Send in yer PMs!

Last edited by PurpleKoopa; 03-27-2007 at 07:46 PM. Reason: Adding some MORE rules (how did I forget all these?)
PurpleKoopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 07:41 PM   #2
PurpleKoopa
Koopatactular!

Default Re: PIRATE MAFIA, yarr

It has been a bit less than 24 hours since night came up, and I still have some stuff missing. If you're missing that stuff for me, I want it, and I want it soon.
Old 03-28-2007, 06:25 PM   #3
PurpleKoopa
Koopatactular!

Night. The pirates were all in their cabins, sound asleep. They were not too worried about the ghost. So what if there were a few ghosts on their ship? Big deal! Still, Ectobeard said that they may not even allow them to get to Isla de la Tortuga... and the Cap'n worried about this... oh wait, he was asleep too? Never mind then.

However, there was one pirate who was not sound asleep, he was making a sound. He was snoring. Now the other pirates could sleep through this easily by putting a pillow over their heads, but the ghosts weren't asleep. They had a job to do - a sinister job. They gathered 'round on the main deck with their leader, Ectobeard. Not soon after this little meeting had started, the ghosts started to complain. "I can't tell if he's asleep or awake." "He'll wake up the others to see us!"

"Enough!" screamed out Ectobeard. "Now if this pirate be botherin' our plot, then what you figure we do? What's our oath?"

"Dead men tell no tales," said the ghostly crew.

"Right," said Ectobeard, quite pleased with his crew. "If we... get rid of him, his snoring won't wake anyone up. So arrr we all figured out then?"

One of the ghostly pirates raised his hand. "Cap'n, we're already dead, and we're still talking..."

"Arr, ye get me gist! So who's with me to give this bloke a one-way trip down to Davy Jones' locker?"

"Yarr!"

~~~

The snoring pirate kept on snoring, as the three minions of Ectobeard snuck into his cabin. They opened the window, and tilted the bed towards it. The sleeper slowly woke up, rolled towards the window, and fell out.

"Well, that takes care of that wackie fellow," said one ghost.

The fourth ghost floated in through the wall of the cabin. "Hey guys, watt's up?"

The ghost told him, "It's actually more of what's down. And don't do that pun ever again." He slapped the other ghost, although his hand only floated through the other's ghostly face.

WackieWatty/Procrastination Pirate got up on the wrong side of the bed. He gets a last gasp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WackieWatty's Role PM

Ye be the PROCRASTINATION PIRATE! You are a pirate that doesn't do anything. You just stay home and lie around. If I asked you to do anything, you'd just tell me, "I don't do anything." (You have also never been to Boston in the fall.)

You have no special powers, except the almighty vote. Of course, you have to wake up to vote, I won't count sleep talk.

You win when all of the nasty ghostly pirates are rid from the ship. PM me if you have any questions!
~~~

The next morning, Cap'n Koops took role call to make sure that the pirates were ready to continue sailin'. However, he noticed that WackieWatty was missing. "Arr, where be him?" cried the turtle.

NAPMR came out onto the main deck, carrying WackieWatty's bunny slippers. The crew gasped as the skeletal pirate explained that he was probably shoved out.

"No doubt those ghosts be behind this," said the Cap'n. "At least it was the Procrastination Pirate that the ghosts got rid of, and he didn't help us at all..."

"That's because it's the first day, and we were busy setting off, not swabbing the decks and such," NAPMR remind the Koopa.

The Cap'n moaned a bit, but continued, "Eh, he would still put it off anyway. Now, we just need to find those ghosts and get them off arrr ship so we can be havin' safe voyage to Isla de la Tortuga!"

"How easy will that be?" asked a pirate.

"Let's find out," replied the Cap'n. "Is anyone here a ghost?"

Of course, nobody raised their hand. The Cap'n rubbed his chin, and thought to himself. "Apparently ye ghosts arrr made of tougher stuff." He started to head toward his cabin as he said, "Well, ye figure amongst yeselves who the ghosts arrr. Meanwhile, I'm going to sleep in. So long, tell me when yer done!" He slammed the door shut, as the pirates then started to point fingers at each other, desperately trying to figure out who the ghosts were.

And thus began the first day of Pirate Mafia.

~~~

ON THE SHIP
  • Wesley
  • Coolguy
  • Mr.Onion
  • PlasmaCannonsRule
  • Hammered
  • regeneratorizer
  • AtkinsSJ
  • Justin
  • drgamer
  • ducklegion
  • evil clone
  • blackmyth
  • julianmh102
  • rtys
  • varkarrus
IN THE LOCKER
  • WackieWatty (died NIGHT 1, got up on wrong side of bed, Procrastination Pirate)
Possible Shipmates: Chaucer, happystickman, Sol Hunt

It be Day 1! It also be 8 votes to lynch, or in this case, walk the plank.
Old 03-28-2007, 06:54 PM   #4
Coolguy
Couch Potato

Yerfdog Re: PIRATE MAFIA, yarr

Yarrr, I hate Day 1- Day 1 is for scurvy bilge rats! The ghost pirates arrr almost guaranteed to get rid of one of us today, so we're going to have to be smarrrt and actually think before we vote. Anyways, I think the only thing I can do right now is to take a guess at what the roles arrr....

The Cap'n disguised his roles well- I don't have any idea about most of them, but I think I know a few possibilities...

Bilge Rat - The Bilge Rat could be plenty of things... It's small, so it might be able to sneak in otharrr people's rooms and inspect them, or something... Or, since pirates use bilge rat as an insult (and I can picture PK making the innocent looking mouse a Mafia ), it could be one of the ghosts. Plenty of possibilities for this one.

Doublunatic - This scurvy dog looks like he's really greedy- I'm guessing it's a ghost pirate, at this point, but I could easily be wrong about this as well.

Ninja Pirate - Ninjas are sneaky (and evil scummish pirate rivals!), so this might be a cop, or it might be like the Hider-Seeker role PK mentioned during Hotel Mystery Mafia- A role that has two powers, and it can choose one each night. There's also the possibility that, since ninjas and pirates are ultimate enemies, this could be a ghost pirate. Although, I think it's much more likely to be on arrr side.

Peggy the Parrot - I once gave a role idea to PK, that there could be a pirate and his parrot, and they could be masons. If the parrot is a mason, I should remind whoever his mason is that the parrot can't be evil- PK said himself that there aren't any of his game-breaking evil masons in this game.

Puppet Pirate - Arrr, this seems like a scurvy mind controlling denizen of Davy Jones' Lockarrr! That be my guess, at this point in the game.

Swabby Jones - If we get attacked by a mafia janitarrr character, I bet this pirate would be the culprit!

Remembarrr that these are just me guesses - Don't starrrt going after me if I'm wrong, please!

EDIT: Dang, fourteen days too tarrrdy to be a 3.14rate.

Last edited by Coolguy; 03-28-2007 at 07:01 PM.
Coolguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 07:13 PM   #5
ducklegion
creator of art!

Send a message via ICQ to ducklegion Send a message via AIM to ducklegion Send a message via MSN to ducklegion Send a message via Yahoo to ducklegion

Now wackie!He's my cousin!
Oh well...we have to keep a close watch..and let CG do all the thinking ^_^
11:00 PM [Jamul] you have successfully told the past!
ducklegion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 08:09 PM   #6
regeneratorizer
I thought I was special!

Once upon a time, there was a Regeneratorizer, and he was a mafia. And for a time, it was good. </injoke>

EDIT: OOOH!!! I edited my post! Suspicious.
EDIT EDIT: Ninjas totally PWN pirates.

Last edited by regeneratorizer; 03-28-2007 at 08:10 PM.
regeneratorizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 08:15 PM   #7
Coolguy
Couch Potato

Yerfdog Re: PIRATE MAFIA, yarr

Quote:
Originally Posted by regeneratorizarrr View Post
EDIT EDIT: Ninjas totally PWN pirates.
Ye scurvy bilge rat, pirates are better! VOTE: Regen!!!!

...just kidding. UNVOTE. Ninjas are still inferiarrr to pirates, though.

Last edited by Coolguy; 03-29-2007 at 03:34 PM.
Coolguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 04:48 AM   #8
Julian
Is a ninja

Send a message via MSN to Julian

I hate day 1. It's the first day that I start to look suspicious. I don't like that because I'm mostly a townie. I just hope that I can use my power before I die...
Julian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 08:49 AM   #9
WackieWatty
The Hard Hat, MWAHAHA!

Location: Doing a groovy dance at the Construction Site, Dumbopolis.
Send a message via MSN to WackieWatty

What a surprise, I'm dead already.

At least ye won't have to listen to me ranting on about everything, hey?
Well, good luck to ye good pirates. I wish ye the best of luck...
Old 03-29-2007, 09:20 AM   #10
Mr.Onion
Evil, random-voting vegetable

Location: Down at the shore where there's no-one vacationing.

Quote:
Nobody is thinking when everyone thinks the same thing.
*inserts letters*
Old 03-29-2007, 10:27 AM   #11
PlasmaCannonsRule
Exploder of Communist Penguins

Quote:
Originally Posted by julianmh102 View Post
I hate day 1. It's the first day that I start to look suspicious. I don't like that because I'm mostly a townie. I just hope that I can use my power before I die...
Last game you weren't. (as was I) Anyways, uuuhhhh...... I think CG may be right about the "Bilge Rat = Cop" ability. Rats are small, sneaky little things.
Old 03-29-2007, 11:46 AM   #12
AtkinsSJ
Legs sold separately.

In me exparrrience, rats eat everythin', includin' yarrr fingarrrs. They also get everywharrr.
Anyway, I'd guess that Short John Platinum be a narrrsty piece 'a worrrk, given that Long John was likewise a narrrsty piece 'o worrrk. Aye not be 'avin much t' supporrrt that idearrr, tho'.
Old 03-29-2007, 01:36 PM   #13
varkarrus
Banned

I'm definatly not voting regeneratorizer. Ninjas pwn! Pirates pwn! Ninja Pirates Pwn!
I vote Hammered! She seems mysterious and besides, Who else would I vote!
varkarrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 02:29 PM   #14
PlasmaCannonsRule
Exploder of Communist Penguins

Hmmm..... that seems suspicious....... looks like a random (mafia?) vote! Either that, or Varkarrus is a cop. But, I'm still gonna hold my vote (arr).
Old 03-29-2007, 03:29 PM   #15
Hammered
Nailed It!

Avast, maties, it be time for one of my famous analytical posts.

These people have not posted yet:
  • blackmyth
  • drgamarrr
  • evil clone
  • Justin
  • arrrtys
  • Wesley
Varrrkarrrus voted fer me because he found me mystarrrrious. At the time he posted that, I had not yet posted anything at all. Of course, at that time, he himself had not yet posted. Since that is the only thing he had to go on, we must assume that varrrkarrrus would also find
blackmyth, drgamarrr, evil clone, Justin, arrrtys,and Wesley worthy of receiving his vote and now that I have posted, he should probably randomly choose one of them for no logical reason.

I propose a diffarrrent theory:

People who have chosen not to post may have done so because there is nothing yet to say. On the first day, tharrr be no evidence. Many people are afraid ter post, because they don't want to say something that might make them seem suspicious. Can ye blame them?

On the first day, it be very easy to start a bandwagon, because nobody has a record of good works that they can point to which they can use to prove their innocence. The town does need to lynch someone, because them be the rules, but it is foolish to do the mafia's work for them. If you are a townie, don't vote for anyone right away. Listen to what people have to say and decide accordingly. Only a mafia would vote for someone who hadn't even posted anything.

Of course, the mafia want ter get rid of smarrrt players, so they will try to start bandwagons against them. Look at my track record as a townie. I can usually figure out who the baddies be and have been proved right time aftarrr time, but when I be a mafia, I am without my main weapon, which is posting a logical argument against those who be evil, so it is usually easy to figure out when I am on the evil team.

I have seen two people vote so far. One be Coolguy, but it was obviously a joke, as he unvoted in the same post, and we all know regen's scurvy history. The other be vattrkartrus, and he voted me fer no reason at all. I am not going to starrrt a bandwagon against him for the mafia to jump on, in case he was just being misguided, but so far, the only one who has done anything even remotely suspicious be varrrkarrrus, so I be watching him.

If you be a townie, don't help the mafia by voting out the smarrrt players. They obviously let me live because they thought that would be proof to you that I be mafia, and they thought they could get rid of a smarrrt player for free. I expect that I will be the next to go by their hands, if you don't lynch me, unless I can find something to post against them that they don't want to prove by killing me. If I be mafia, it will be easy enough for yer to figure out latarrr, and ye can get rid of me then.

Last edited by Hammered; 03-29-2007 at 04:00 PM. Reason: Translated into piratese - don't know how I forgot to do that!
Hammered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 06:59 PM   #16
regeneratorizer
I thought I was special!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleKoopa2000 View Post

SHIPMATES

• Wesley
  • Coolguy
  • Mr.Onion
  • WackieWatty
  • PlasmaCannonsRule
  • Hammered
  • regeneratorizer
  • AtkinsSJ
  • Justin
  • drgamer
  • ducklegion
  • evil clone
  • blackmyth
  • julianmh102
  • rtys
  • varkarrus

I immediatly suspect Hammered and Coolguy, because they are the most dangerous. Not that they have done anything vote-worthy yet, its just people that persuasive are extremely dangerous; we should keep an eye on them two. Well, that may not be the best way to put it, as most pirates only have one eye to spare, but meh. You get my drift.

Now, if you will excuse me, I have to go download movies off of the internet.
Old 03-29-2007, 07:16 PM   #17
rtys
Banned

I suspect several people

Coolguy-yeah,he looks kinda suspicious,but i have no proof
Hammered- yeah......but sadly still no evidence
Blackmyth- he could be the blige rat youre looking for.
Atkins-umm he's a Peggy Parrot i guess
Regen-possible ninja pirate
rtys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 07:31 PM   #18
blackmyth
eats people.

Sorry I haven't posted, but I've been busy playing Stick Arena and watching Youtube movies. This is obviously not some sort of ruse, because you'll notice I haven't posted anywhere else (well I have, but just today) either.

Why are you calling me a bilge rat without any sort of evidence, rtys? Of course, I should point out that you also called Atkins a Parrot and regen a Ninja Pirate (which I could see, seeing as he said Ninjas own, but that might just be him). Coolguy has merely joked around, and Hammered has said nothing even remotely suspicious enough to get her put on your list.

Now we have the 'they are smart and dangerous' thing going on, which can lead to catastrophe. What happens when we lynch all the smart people, and they turn out to be townies? We would be short many a mind, and would give the Mafia an advantage.

I am immediately suspicious of rtys because of the above post, and will thusly be keeping my eye on him.

Arrr.

Last edited by blackmyth; 03-29-2007 at 07:32 PM.
blackmyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 10:21 PM   #19
rtys
Banned

BM, im guessing who is what role.IF we confirm em, then we have a clue who's mafia who isnt.

But anyway everyone is suspicious since we dont have a single evidence againist everyone.im just stating an example.
rtys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 12:22 AM   #20
Mr.Onion
Evil, random-voting vegetable

Location: Down at the shore where there's no-one vacationing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtys View Post
BM, im guessing who is what role.IF we confirm em, then we have a clue who's mafia who isnt.
Except we don't know what the roles do.