Hamumu Software Hamumu Software Hamumu Software
Name
Password Register
Latest Journal update: Oct 23, 2017

Go Back   Hamumu Forum > Games > Dr. Lunatic

Old 04-02-2007, 02:08 AM   #1
Mr.Onion
Evil, random-voting vegetable

Location: Down at the shore where there's no-one vacationing.
Default Monthly Merge #16 and 3/4 : Mathematical Merge!

Yes, yes, very funny Hammered.

Math Merge
Deadline, Sunday, 22nd April, 12 Noon Pacific Daylight Time (GMT-8 )

You can do just about anything you want in this merge, except your level has to have some type of maths in it. (bonus points if you make it non-obvious) Also, at some point in the level, there must be a sum, that is solvable with a final answer, and the answer is never entered in the level itself. (Find Mystery Merge to see what I mean.) (And don't use anything beyond 9th grade maths. I'll be checking them and I might reject them on the premise of using too advanced things.)

There will be two contests this month, the best level contest, and the m4d sk1llz contest. You'll find out more about that in May.

Standard Rules

1> You may use no more than 50 tiles. Make sure you use “Delete Unused Tiles” after you’re done, to keep it trimmed down.
2> No more than 5 custom sounds.
3> No more than 10 custom items.
4> Do not use Tile Var specials unless you REALLY know what you're doing with them, and you make sure they never have a value lower than 800.
5> If you want to use a global variable, email me and ask first. I will give out one per person, first come first serve. More than one may be granted if it seems clear they won’t all be used up.
6> You may not modify any original items - you must make your own copies of them if you want modified versions.
7> Make sure any custom items you make have Rarity of 0 (so they won't drop randomly from monsters in other peoples’ levels).
8> Your level filename must be “merge16XXX.dlw” where ### is a 3 letter/number code of your own devising. Using your initials is not recommended!
9> Any extra files your level uses, like text files or images, must be named “merge16XXX_YY.txt” (or .bmp or whatever it is), where ### again is your special code, and YY can be anything that is useful for you, like for example “merge16MO1_zabzab.txt”. Make sure you use the same special code everywhere. Since your extra files will be visible to the end-user, make sure your special code doesn't identify you in any way!
10> Submit your level by emailing it and any needed files (in a zip file, preferably, but it’s okay otherwise too) to madeggsATgooglemailPERIODcom.
11> Your level has to work perfectly. I may fix problems, but probably not, and if a level doesn’t work, I will not include it in the merge.
12> You may resubmit your level as many times as you want before the deadline. Whichever version I get last, but before the deadline, is the one that goes in.
13> You get most of a month to build your level.
14> Make your level as the 2nd levels in a world – add it to an empty hub. Your hub doesn’t HAVE to be empty, it can have whatever you want, but I’m just going to throw it away, so don’t spend a long time on it!
15> Don’t forget to set the Author on your world, so I know who made it!
16> Remember, and this always applies to any add-on: ANY custom song, text, or graphics must be your own creation. You may not take someone else’s work.
17> You may not include a Loonykey or any of the 4 Keychains in your level.
18> Let me know in your email where the candles are, or how they’re gotten!
19> Misspellings and bad grammar will most likely be corrected when I catch them, so don’t put any in on purpose! Also, please try not to put any in on accident. It’s a pain to fix.
20> You can include candles.
21> Have fun!

Just post in the thread if you have any questions!

Last edited by Mr.Onion; 04-03-2007 at 10:03 AM.
Mr.Onion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 08:42 AM   #2
Mossysox
C.H.E.E.S.E. Burgher

Default Re: Monthly Merge #16 and 8/14 : Mathematical Merge!

OK, I'm in.

Mossysox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 10:02 AM   #3
Keenan
Dumb Person

Count me in!
◥☼▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲☼◤
Keenan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 05:24 AM   #4
Mossysox
C.H.E.E.S.E. Burgher

Is there any point in continuing with this? WTG's never going to accept a world with 2 (or is it 3?) levels, is he? I have very little free time this month; I don't want to be scrambling to build something that has precisely no chance of being accepted.

Last edited by Mossysox; 04-08-2007 at 05:24 AM.
Mossysox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 06:03 AM   #5
Mr.Onion

He probably will, however, you're right. There's not enough interest. I'll leave it a couple of days to see if anyone else signs up, but after that I'm closing it.
Old 04-13-2007, 05:35 AM   #6
Mr.Onion

You make Onion sad. The merge is off.
Old 04-13-2007, 01:36 PM   #7
ducklegion
creator of art!

Send a message via ICQ to ducklegion Send a message via AIM to ducklegion Send a message via MSN to ducklegion Send a message via Yahoo to ducklegion

see what you people do!
Now I have to find another merge to do
11:00 PM [Jamul] you have successfully told the past!
ducklegion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 01:39 PM   #8
Mr.Onion

If you were doing this merge, you could have posted in the 5 days where I was thinking of shutting it down.