Hamumu Software Hamumu Software Hamumu Software
Name
Password Register
Latest Journal update: Nov 2, 2017

Go Back   Hamumu Forum > General > General Blabber

Old 04-18-2007, 10:49 AM   #21
AtkinsSJ
Legs sold separately.

Default Re: Virginia Tech Shooting: 32 people killed.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cho_Seu...buted_writings
Having read the article on Cho Seung-hui, who committed this atrocity, this part stood-out to me the most. This boy was clearly disturbed. Extremely disturbed. I'm pretty sure religion had nothing to do with this. It's not terrorism; it's a mental breakdown. He lost it, big time.
It is a lot like Columbine, except they were pushed past a limit, whereas Cho seems to have been near it to start with. Neither is acceptable though. Lots of people live with major problems, and cope. Thankfully, mass-killings are from a minority of cases.
Old 04-18-2007, 01:38 PM   #22
Roland
Lynched Day 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atkins' sig wrote View Post
Like I've said, I've lost it.
Wait - Should we trust him any more? Thanks for the information, though.
So, he just... lost it. Intersting.
Old 04-20-2007, 05:36 AM   #23
Ryuinfinity
Banned

Location: Domefield Centre Mission: Defeat the Zirrons in Chyare Strait.

I hate to say this, I feel sorry for the shot too, but aren't you ruining the happy silliness of Hamumu?
Ryuinfinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 06:39 AM   #24
Coolguy
Couch Potato

Yerfdog Re: Virginia Tech Shooting: 32 people killed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryuinfinity View Post
I hate to say this, I feel sorry for the shot too, but aren't you ruining the happy silliness of Hamumu?
Just because we usually act silly doesn't mean we can't talk about something serious once in a while.
Old 04-20-2007, 10:19 AM   #25
AtkinsSJ
Legs sold separately.

When things like this happen, people need to talk. I see no reason why they should not be allowed to here.
Old 04-20-2007, 01:36 PM   #26
ducklegion
creator of art!

Send a message via ICQ to ducklegion Send a message via AIM to ducklegion Send a message via MSN to ducklegion Send a message via Yahoo to ducklegion

This is totally horrible
I just don't know why anybody would do this.
11:00 PM [Jamul] you have successfully told the past!
ducklegion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 02:42 PM   #27
chaucer
Chaucertastic!

Some people are just... just... not psycopathic, but just plain... Bligreb! There, a word for just how horrible that man was!
"I'm really looking forward to that date [12/21/12] so I can laugh at them when the world doesn't end." ~SpiderPumpkin
chaucer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 03:43 PM   #28
Julian
Is a ninja

Send a message via MSN to Julian

He was actually insane. He had no control over his actions.
Julian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 05:48 PM   #29
Wesley
Walks on Lava, Drowns in Water

According to more news about it, it really was a mental breakdown. The family of the killer was in shock. They knew he was quiet and kept to himself, but they had no idea how bad he had gotten. I don't think he was insane, I think he just snapped. According to the wiki, he had depression, and a couple other mental problems before this tragedy, though Atkins made this clear already. Also, I wonder what that final message that was written said? Nobody has found out what it meant.
20:54:02 [Moltanem2000] Socrates was mortal, cats are mortal, thus socrates is a cat
20:54:12 [SpaceManiac] What sort of game would you want to play that has "Health and Welfare" as its topic
20:54:28 [Redbone] AN FPS PLS

Last edited by Wesley; 04-20-2007 at 05:55 PM. Reason: Added some wiki info for lazy people
Wesley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 06:41 PM   #30
evil clone

did you know that the day that happened was holocaust rememberance day.
Old 04-21-2007, 04:24 AM   #31
AtkinsSJ
Legs sold separately.

The problem I see is that events like this will continue to happen. Each time one does, people will be all surprised and horrified, but the seemingly quiet, calm people who are outsiders will continue to be ignored or treated badly, and another person will go off and slaughter people. I think the suicide, in both this and Columbine, are because the killers wanted people to realise that they had problems, but knew that they could never live with their actions.

EDIT: I feel I have some kind of understanding about this, because I've been treated like dirt for a few years. Like a freak, like something to be entertaining and to laugh at, just because I have ginger hair. Now, I'd like to think that I'd never go to the same lengths as killing everybody, but I have been close to snapping at various points recently, due to stress. When I finally started being treated like an equal by my friends, it was heart-warming. I know I've not suffered as much as other people though.

I can't believe I've finally typed that. Well, while I'm at it, thankyou Hamumu. Thankyou so much. It's been wonderful here, being treated as equal. Thankyou.

Last edited by AtkinsSJ; 04-21-2007 at 04:33 AM.
AtkinsSJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2007, 06:47 AM   #32
Mr.Onion
Evil, random-voting vegetable

Location: Down at the shore where there's no-one vacationing.

I didn't know that you had ginger hair until you emailed me a picture about a year ago.
Old 04-21-2007, 10:05 AM   #33
Wesley
Walks on Lava, Drowns in Water

I'm also very glad I found Hamumu. For years, I had been made fun of and teased because I wasn't very good-looking to say the least... Plus, I had been so worried about what to say, because everytime I did say something, all the other kids found someway to make me feel bad because I didn't like what everyone else liked. Eventually, I just stopped talking altogether. Even my friends at the time were sort-of mean to me. (Well, they were my friends and everything, but they were just as fickle as all the other kids.) Then, I found Hamumu, and suddenly, I wasn't afraid of what to say. I opened up a little, and I felt happy that nobody made fun of me. (At first, I was nervous, but a lot of new Hamumu members feel that way when they first come on the forums) Thank you Hamumu, and all the other Hamumians!
20:54:02 [Moltanem2000] Socrates was mortal, cats are mortal, thus socrates is a cat
20:54:12 [SpaceManiac] What sort of game would you want to play that has "Health and Welfare" as its topic
20:54:28 [Redbone] AN FPS PLS
Wesley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2007, 02:18 PM   #34
Roland
Lynched Day 3

I'm actually kinda popular at school. A little weird, but respected equally.
But the Hamumu Forums is really great because it gets my mind off stress about school (and I now type really really fast!) because get a LOTTA homework for my age. It's awesome!
Hamumu FTW! Also, I feel really good for you Atkins.
Old 04-21-2007, 03:22 PM   #35
Lisa
Dumb Person

Here is a theory of mine.
The popular guys are athletic, especially in the lower grades. Some other things are valued as you get to high school and a pecking order actually exists. Kids can be very mean.
When you graduate from high school, people value more than just the athlete, good looks, and a funny guy. People also aren't as mean. If they don't like you, they just don't spend time with you--they may ignore you. It is not ok as an adult to ridicule others in a confrontational way. (Except for in gangs or really low mentality folks.)
Online people can not judge you in the same way. No one cares what you look like. It's what you say.
So if your social status is not so great, keep your chin up! You could be the next Bill Gates. Or maybe not, but you will find more people like yourself and you won't really care. It seems like as people are accepted more easily, they relax more and don't seem so different anymore. Or maybe they figure out better how to not seem too different.
It's different with girls though; they are judged in a different way.
Lisa is offline   Reply With Quote