Hamumu Software Hamumu Software Hamumu Software
Name
Password Register
Latest Journal update: Oct 16, 2017
Old 05-23-2007, 04:04 PM   #1
Dave Hettel
attack of the gnomes

Default Mafia Game 16

At about 8:00 am on May 22nd, in the town square in the small village at the base of mount Wannahockaloogie, someone posted a notice that every night at approximately three AM, one citizen would die. Given that there were only twelve citizens in this town, that's quite a problem. One of the two cops in town suspected there was a mafia family in town, but since nobody was related, he couldn't be sure. However, on the next day, when he was found dead in his house, the whole town knew there was mafia afoot...

Mafia Game 16
I'm going to be sending out roles in about an hour or maybe a little bit later, as I've got some college stuff to work on, but here's how many of each role there will be in the game:

Mafia - 4 (two are godfathers)
Doctor - 1
Cop - 2 (No, wait, only one now.)
Townie - 6

Indeed, there are two mafia families in this game, so hopefully it will work out a bit. In order for one of the mafia families to win, they've got to get rid of the other mafia family and get rid of everybody except two pro-townies. I'll update the rest of this soon with some more roles.

Oh, and, nobody vote yet!
Dave Hettel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 04:09 PM   #2
Coolguy
Couch Potato

Yerfdog Re: Mafia Game 16

You should post a list of people, in addition to the roles list.

*Awaits role*
Old 05-23-2007, 05:01 PM   #3
PlasmaCannonsRule
Exploder of Communist Penguins

Default Re: Mafia Game 16

Yipee! The game should start soon!
Old 05-23-2007, 05:21 PM   #4
Dave Hettel
attack of the gnomes

Coolguy: Now that I think of it, that's a very good idea. Here goes:

chaucer
CheeseLord
Coolguy
happystickman
julianmh102
Justin
Mr. Onion
PlasmaCannonsRule
regeneratorizer
Roland
Wesley

Now that we've got that done, I'll explain the deal with two families. Each mafia family consists of two people, one godfather and one regular mafia. If the godfather in one of the families dies, the remaining mafia in that family becomes the godfather. For one of the mafia families to win, they've got to eliminate the other mafia family and attain a majority of citizens. If only one person is remaining from each family, then I will mold them into one family, to keep the game going a bit better. While there are two families, each family will have to rest for a night after making a kill, so two people won't be killed each night.

I think that's about it. Just remember to follow the regular mafia rules, and don't post at night.

Night 1 Has Begun

Once you have received your role, if it is a role that needs a PM sent, send me a PM. Night will last for about two days, unless I receive all the needed PM's beforehand.

In addition, since Mafia Family A made a kill last night (the original cop), Mafia Family B will be able to choose a kill tonight, if they so wish.

EDIT: All of the PM's have been sent. If anybody posts that he did not receive a PM or did receive a PM, even if that is a lie, he will be vaporized by the Flying Pumpkin that Shoots Laserbeams Out of Its Behind at daybreak.

Last edited by Dave Hettel; 05-23-2007 at 05:46 PM.
Old 05-24-2007, 12:43 PM   #5
Dave Hettel
attack of the gnomes

You've got one day and five hours left to send in PM's. I've yet to receive two of them, so get them in.
Old 05-25-2007, 06:58 PM   #6
Dave Hettel
attack of the gnomes

As the sun rose upon Wannahockaloogie, the townspeople descended upon the town square to make sure they were all still there. However, to their surprise, one of the houses was missing. In its place was an assortment of rubble. As they searched, the townspeople noticed that the rubble they were walking over belonged to the house owned by 31337. They also noticed that PlasmaCannonsRule was missing, too. Ultimately, they concluded that both 31337 and PlasmaCannonsRule perished in the explosion which destroyed 31337's house.

It goes without saying that 31337 is dead. He was the Bomb:

Quote:
As a paranoid citizen of Wannahockaloogie, you've gotten more and more worried about protecting yourself from the mafia. So much so, in fact, that you've planted homemade bombs throughout your house. If someone, such as a Cop or Mafia, should come to your house during the night, you'll detonate all of the bombs and destroy your house, killing whoever happened to intrude.

In addition, the bomb has a fifty percent chance of killing you. If you should be lucky enough to survive, you will run away from town for one day, and return the night afterwards. That means that you can't post or vote that day.
The next question the townies asked themselves after seeing this note was who PlasmaCannonsRule was. And so they rushed into his dwelling, and found the following:

Quote:
Unfortunately, you've experienced a tragic death recently. Your partner blackmyth was killed in a hail of gunfire last night in his home on the outskirts of town. As a cop, your duty is to avenge his death and rid Wannahockaloogie of all the mafia. Each night, PM me who you want to have inspected, and I will PM you whether or not the inspection came back guilty.
PlasmaCannonsRule is dead, and he was the cop. Both he and 31337 will get last gasps today, and can use them if they so choose.

In addition, until about 10 am, nobody noticed that Wesley, another townie, was not present at any of the going's-on. A couple of townies searched Wesley's house and found him dead in his bed. Looking under his pillow, they found the following note:

Quote:
In this game of mafia, make sure to play your cards right and don't act suspicious, because you're the godfather for Mafia Family A. When you're able to make a kill (a night after a night in which you've made no kill) confer with some dude about who you want to kill, and send your choice over to me.
Indeed, Wesley was the godfather for Mafia Family A. Somebody else has now stepped up to become the new godfather for Mafia Family A, and will be able to make a kill tonight if he so desires. However, Mafia Family B will be unable to make a kill until tomorrow night.

Here is a list of all of the people in the game, whether dead or alive:
31337 (Bomb - Blew Up Night 1)
chaucer
CheeseLord
Coolguy
happystickman
julianmh102
Justin
Mr. Onion
PlasmaCannonsRule (Cop - Blew Up Night 1)
regeneratorizer
Roland
Wesley (Godfather A - Mafia Killed Night 1)

You've got about two days to choose who to lynch, so get to it.

Day 1 is begun!
Old 05-25-2007, 07:07 PM   #7
Coolguy
Couch Potato

Bad news- We already lost a cop. However, we had a hidden power role (the bomb)... We might have other sekrit powers. (However, the Mafia might have sekrit powers, too! )

Last night, I caught a bunch of people PMing, 2 of which included PCR and 31337. The other 2 I caught PMing were Cheeselord and Chaucer, so I'm highly suspicious of them. At least one of those 2 is a guaranteed Mafia, unless there's a sekrit power role with a PM.

Last edited by Coolguy; 05-25-2007 at 07:17 PM. Reason: Oops- I forgot that PCR inspected 31337, not anybody else. :p
Coolguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 07:26 PM   #8
CheeseLord
No One Is Perfect

I was PMing Mr. O. about the Global Thermonuclear War game, and I wouldn't be surprised if Chaucer was as well. It has nothing to do with this. I would quote it, but that would give away my next move. And I don't want anyone, especially CG knowing that .

Anyway, this is not a good way to start. We've lost a cop and a bomb, but at least we got a mafia. That leaves three mafia, four normal townies, a doctor, and a cop. Not the best odds, but at least it's a start. And the mafia want to kill each other. As of yet, I don't think anyone is suspicious, even CG. Although it's way too early to tell. I'll stop rambling now.

Without loss of generality, assume I am a squirrel.

I'm not an actor, I just play one on TV.
CheeseLord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 07:34 PM   #9
Coolguy
Couch Potato

We don't have any more cops.

...and I caught you and Chaucer PMing before that Thermonuclear thing was posted.
Old 05-25-2007, 07:43 PM   #10
CheeseLord
No One Is Perfect

How exactly did you catch us PMing? And what are the times on them? I know I haven't PMed anyone except for that. And unless this is a roundabout way of finding out my move in advance, I'm beginning to find you suspicious. And we still have a cop, because only one died and there were 2 to begin with.

Last edited by CheeseLord; 05-25-2007 at 07:46 PM.
Old 05-25-2007, 07:46 PM   #11
Coolguy
Couch Potato

Currently Active Users shows what everybody who didn't turn on Invisible Mode is doing. (It also shows up as ''PMing'' if you're reading a PM, too- Not only when you're sending one).

In case you want to hide your further PMing, Cheeselord, I advise you to go to User CP, then Options, and then check the Invisible Mode box.
Old 05-25-2007, 07:50 PM   #12
CheeseLord
No One Is Perfect

What time did you think I sent the PM?

Old 05-25-2007, 07:54 PM   #13
Coolguy
Couch Potato

I caught you PMing right after Dave posted: ''You've got one day and five hours left to send in PM's. I've yet to receive two of them, so get them in.'' And I don't ''think'' I saw you PMing- I KNOW I saw you PMing (or reading a PM, meh).

Just constantly asking meaningless questions isn't getting anywhere, Cheeselord- I'd like to hear what other people have to say about all this (especially Chaucer, as he was PMing also).

Last edited by Coolguy; 05-25-2007 at 07:55 PM.
Coolguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 07:57 PM   #14
CheeseLord
No One Is Perfect

Whatever... I didn't read send any PM yesterday, but going through my inbox is the fastest way for me to get to edit my avatar (people will agree that I edited that yesterday). I don't want to argue any more, but I would like to know what Chaucer was doing.

Last edited by CheeseLord; 05-25-2007 at 08:00 PM.
Old 05-25-2007, 08:15 PM   #15
Roland
Lynched Day 3

Masons, perhaps? But if they were, then I'm sure CheeseLord would have called that to his defence. C'mon guys, we have to think like a mafia, go inside a mafia mindframe, especially since there's two Mafia groups. The game, and its logic, haven't started yet, so before anything happens: Good luck. *Buckles seatbelt*

Also, I'd like to say another thing: The mafia should be more desperate to save themselves, as it's much easier for each scum team to lose. I'm not saying that WILL be the case, but I'd like to add that thought in as a precurser.

And, since this isn't in TM, it'll add to my post count! YAY!

Last edited by Roland; 05-26-2007 at 02:54 AM. Reason: Adding stuff in, oh yeah, oh yeah. I'm adding stuff in...
Roland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 08:18 PM   #16
regeneratorizer
I thought I was special!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolguy View Post
Last night, I caught a bunch of people PMing, 2 of which included PCR and 31337. The other 2 I caught PMing were Cheeselord and Chaucer, so I'm highly suspicious of them.
Ahh yes, Its not even night 1, and the agitation is setting in... must... rant... NOW!

On the first active post of this game, somebody already made a mistake. I have always hated when people checked to see who was PMing, for two reasons. 1. I believe it to be cheating, of a sort, and 2. the PM, most likely, has nothing to do with the game.

Look, you have no idea who the PM was to, what it said, what it was about, or even if the person was PMing at all! Thats not evidence! You should not try to condemn Cheese or Chaucer for that.

Im not sure if I should be suspicious of CG for posting that, but he does seem a bit.... odd. Oh well, I will watch and wait.
Old 05-25-2007, 08:36 PM   #17
Banned

Send a message via MSN to 31337

*gasp* *cough*

I found the Triforce in Ocarina of time.... you can get it by....
by....
*dies*
31337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 08:42 PM   #18
regeneratorizer
I thought I was special!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 31337 View Post
*gasp* *cough*

I found the Triforce in Ocarina of time.... you can get it by....
by....
*dies*
You can find it by putting on your gameshark, turning on the Moonjump code, going in to Zeldas garden-place-thingy, and going below the place. The Triforce is there(I think theres some way of getting down there to where you can see it, but im not sure. Consult Gamefaqs for more information.)

Last edited by regeneratorizer; 05-25-2007 at 08:42 PM.
regeneratorizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 02:42 AM   #19
Mr.Onion
Evil, random-voting vegetable

Location: Down at the shore where there's no-one vacationing.

Coolguy, although I did not recieve a PM from Chaucer, that doesn't mean he is automaticly a mafia. He could be a cop or doctor!

Here is a strategy that will help us with finding out who the mafia are: We have 1 cop and 1 doctor. The cop announces who he is, and the doctor continuosly protects him. If this happens, the cop can only die the night after the doctor does, but the mafia have to choose randomly to find the doctor. Unfortuanatly, this won't work in the case that the doctor is paranoid.

Last edited by Mr.Onion; 05-26-2007 at 03:00 AM.
Mr.Onion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 02:54 AM   #20
Roland
Lynched Day 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Onion View Post
Coolguy, although I did not recieve a PM from Chaucer, that doesn't mean he is automaticly a mafia. He could be a cop or doctor!

Here is a strategy that will help us with finding out who the mafia are: We have 1 cop and 1 doctor. The cop announces who he is, and the doctor continoesly protects him. If this happens, the cop can only die the night after the doctor does, but the mafia have to choose randomly to find the doctor. Unfortuanatly, this won't work in the case that the doctor is paranoid.
Something about that... Didn't seem right. Anyone could have seen you PM'ing, no? Why is that ability exclusive to the Cop or Doctor role? That seems a bit iffy to me. And that second bit... Doesn't sound like Mr.Onion at all. Something's not right here. The way he mispelt, "automatically", and "continuously" (is that right lol? His was obviously wrong, though). Mind control, anyone? Out of all the players on the list, it sounds most like Justin to me. The mind controller could be framing him, or whoever it sounds like, though.

Last edited by Roland; 05-26-2007 at 03:09 AM. Reason: I like to p-p-p-p-p-p-ut things in! ;) :green: :D :)
Roland is offline   Reply With Quote