Hamumu Software Hamumu Software Hamumu Software
Name
Password Register
Latest Journal update: Nov 27, 2017

Go Back   Hamumu Forum > Games > Mafia & Forum Games

View Poll Results: Which set-up is best for the townies?
A 2 40.00%
B 3 60.00%
C 0 0%
D 0 0%
E 0 0%
Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-08-2007, 02:52 PM   #1
Roland
Lynched Day 3

Default Which town set-up is best for the town in a mafia game?

Okay, another topic relating to mafia! I'd like to know which combination of roles would be best for the town. You don't need to know the context of the game, or how many mafia there are (though I envisage 3), or how broken this game would actually be, just which combination of roles you would like to have on the town's side. Oh, and if you don't know about some of the roles I'm talking about, have a look at this link.

A) 12 vanilla townies.
B) Vigilante, Inventor, Bomb, Cop, Doctor, Gunsmith, 2 vanilla townies.
C) CPR Doctor, Weak Doctor, 2 thieves, Paranoid Gun Owner, Inventor, Priest and 2 vanilla townies.
D) Elite Bodyguard, Faith Healer, Watcher, Tracker, Jack of All Trades, Roleblocker and 3 vanilla town.
E) Reviver (can only use ability once), Doctor, Inventor, Vigilante, Day Cop, Masons (one pair) and 2 vanilla town.

So... Which is the best? Vote in the poll, and explain your reasoning! Yeah!

P.S: This is not a double bluff for the current mafia game (how could it be?) and it is not information for my mafia game coming up (I've planned it all out - It's got some cool roles!). I'm just curious. Which roles do you value the most?

Last edited by Hammered; 09-08-2007 at 07:51 PM.
Roland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 03:37 PM   #2
Hammered
Nailed It!

Default Re: Which town set-up is best for the town in a mafia game?

C&D are the only choices that are not automatically going to give you a broken game based on having 3 mafia, but both of them leave the town overpowered, so I choose none. Anyone who used any of these formats for their game would be subjected to the 3 game delay for next host signup sanction due to flawed hosting, so I hope the game that you are hosting won't be anything like any of these.
Old 09-08-2007, 03:41 PM   #3
Coolguy
Couch Potato

Yerfdog Re: Which town set-up is best for the town in a mafia game?

Less powerful roles on both teams is usually better than both teams having lots of powers.
Old 09-08-2007, 04:25 PM   #4
Roland
Lynched Day 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roland View Post
Okay, another topic relating to mafia! I'd like to know which combination of roles would be best for the town. You don't need to know the context of the game, or how many mafia there are (though I envisage 3), or how broken this game would actually be, just which combination of roles you would like to have on the town's side. Oh, and if you don't know about some of the roles I'm talking about, have a look at this link.

A) 12 vanilla townies.
B) Vigilante, Inventor, Bomb, Cop, Doctor, Gunsmith, 2 vanilla townies.
C) CPR Doctor, Weak Doctor, 2 thieves, Paranoid Gun Owner, Inventor, Priest and 2 vanilla townies.
D) Elite Bodyguard, Faith Healer, Watcher, Tracker, Jack of All Trades, Roleblocker and 3 vanilla town.
E) Reviver (can only use ability once), Doctor, Inventor, Vigilante, Day Cop, Masons (one pair) and 2 vanilla town.

So... Which is the best? Vote in the poll, and explain your reasoning! Yeah!

P.S: This is not a double bluff for the current mafia game (how could it be?) and it is not information for my mafia game coming up (I've planned it all out - It's got some cool roles!). I'm just curious. Which roles do you value the most?
*Ahem*

And also, I'm just asking which is the most powerful set? It's purely hypothetical. I would NEVER use these combinations in a mafia game. No way.

Last edited by Hammered; 09-08-2007 at 07:50 PM.
Roland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 05:31 PM   #5
Banned

Send a message via MSN to 31337
Exclamation Re: Which town set-up is best for the town in a mafia game?

Actually, that could be interpreted different ways. You asked which one was the best for the town. One way is that you are asking which one is more powerful, and another one would be which one would be more balanced (and better to have for the town team).
31337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 01:53 PM   #6
Roland
Lynched Day 3

Bah! I know you all want to point out how flawed this is, but you know what I'm asking! Which is the most powerful combination?