Password Register
Latest Journal update: Oct 22, 2017

Go Back   Hamumu Forum > Games > Mafia & Forum Games

Closed Thread

Old 10-07-2007, 06:35 PM   #1
Hammered
Nailed It!

Default Mafia Game #23: Spamumufia

Spamumu's eyes widened in alarm. Where had all these Spammers come from? He thought he had cleared up this problem years ago. There was nothing for it but to head out across his fabulous Net of Inter once again, and try to find the evildoers. There were so many of them though. Maybe some of the good citizens of the Net of Inter will be able to help him out.

It is night. I am in the process of sending out roles. If you have a night action, you may send it in as soon as you get your role. If you have a role that allows you to talk to others, I suggest you not do so until I post here again to report that all such roles have been sent, or you could cause much confusion and spin your wheels talking to people who don't know their roles yet. I will be sending out the roles for those who can talk to one another first, so hopefully it won't be too long.

Players
  1. AtkinsSJ
  2. blackmyth
  3. chaucer
  4. Cheeselord
  5. Christian
  6. Connor S.
  7. Coolguy
  8. diginova
  9. drgamer
  10. ducklegion
  11. ElMikkino
  12. Hammer Sideways
  13. happystickman
  14. Julian
  15. Justin
  16. Maiden Japan 007
  17. Mossysox
  18. Mr.Onion
  19. munkee
  20. PlasmaCannonsRule
  21. regeneratorizer
  22. Ryuinfinity
  23. Roland
  24. varkarrus
  25. WackieWatty
  26. Wesley
Old 10-08-2007, 01:27 AM   #2
Hammered
Nailed It!

Default Re: Mafia Game #23: Spamumufia

All the PMs have now been sent, but it is night, so you can't post. Let's take advantage of this opportunity, to set a few ground rules:
  • For the purposes of this game, I will be your anonymous admin. I can't play the part of Spamumu, because he is very busy playing the game. Oops! I revealed one of the roles, but let's talk about that:
  • In addition to role details, you all have a role name. This role name might give people clues as to your identity and/or abilities, so you can't reveal it. Your role name and description will be revealed when you leave the game.
  • We are not trying to kill or lynch people here. That would be far too violent. What will actually happen it that the Spammer Team will be trying to bore the regular players to death with their Spam, while the regular players will be petitioning the friendly admin to get people banned.
  • Finally, I want to have some spam in the topic for atmosphere, but I don't want a ton of it and I don't want the real spammer team members to give themselves away, so I will be choosing random players to be guest spammers for every day period. The number of players selected will be equal to the number of people left on the Spamming Team. They may or may not be actual members of the Spamming team. Each of them must post 1-3 Spammy posts during the day or the Admin will ban them for not obeying the rules. It would be unwise to vote these people out just because they are spamming. If you are selected as a guest spammer, you will receive the guidelines in your notice, so be sure to follow the rules. If you were not selected, please don't spam in the topic. Guest spammers may post as many regular posts as they like.
If you didn't get a role PM, please make sure to let me know right away.

Last edited by Hammered; 10-08-2007 at 01:32 AM.
Old 10-09-2007, 06:43 AM   #3
Hammered
Nailed It!

A group of spammers gathered together and quickly penned a pile of over 6,000 pointless posts. One of them picked the pile up and ran over to where varkarrus was hanging out. He ran in quick circles around varkarrus, dropping the posts everywhere as the stack surrounding poor varkarrus got deeper and deeper. Still, the spammer ran over the tops of the swiftly growing pile, dropping more posts as he went until varkarrus was completely obscured from sight. As the spammer dropped the last post and jumped down from the senseless stack of silliness, he slipped and it all collapsed in on poor varkarrus. What an ironic, albeit well-deserved, ending for Kris, the Loony Tick, a Jester whose only goal in life was to get himself banned. As an unaffiliated third party jester, varkarrus' team of one loses, but our game continues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Role of varkarrus:

You are Kris, the Loony Tick. You have several aliases, such as 73.313. I :heart: 3.14159, and Tree Shaded Mink. You have been banned from the net many times before, but you have sneaked back in to see if you can manage to get banned again.

You win if you can get yourself banned. If you survive or die by any other method, you lose. If you survive or die by any other method, you lose. If you reveal your role or hint in any way that your goal is to get lynched, you will be removed from the game and you will lose.
Varkarrus gets a last gasp, as long as he posts it during the current day.

The game is afoot. It is Day #1. Twenty-five players remain alive, so it takes thirteen votes to ban. Please, stop by post #2 and check out the rules, if you haven't already done so.

Players
  1. AtkinsSJ
  2. blackmyth
  3. chaucer
  4. Cheeselord
  5. Christian
  6. Connor S.
  7. Coolguy
  8. diginova
  9. drgamer
  10. ducklegion
  11. ElMikkino
  12. Hammer Sideways
  13. happystickman
  14. Julian
  15. Justin
  16. Maiden Japan 007
  17. Mossysox
  18. Mr.Onion
  19. munkee
  20. PlasmaCannonsRule
  21. regeneratorizer
  22. Ryuinfinity
  23. Roland
  24. WackieWatty
  25. Wesley
Out of Game
  1. varkarrus, a.k.a. Kris, the Loony Tick - neutral Jester - bored to death on Night #0

Last edited by Hammered; 10-09-2007 at 10:22 AM.
Old 10-09-2007, 07:25 AM   #4
WackieWatty
The Hard Hat, MWAHAHA!

Location: Doing a groovy dance at the Construction Site, Dumbopolis.
Send a message via MSN to WackieWatty

Yo yo yo!
Welcome to Chucky Cheese - the only place on any known planet where you can chuck cheese! Please enjoy your cheese-chucking experience...

Last edited by WackieWatty; 10-09-2007 at 07:25 AM. Reason: Added cheese!!!!! oneoneone21111!
Old 10-09-2007, 07:42 AM   #5
Coolguy
Couch Potato

Yerfdog Re: Mafia Game #23: Spamumufia

SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAM !!1!!11!

RHUBARBRHUBARBRHUBARBSPAMSPAM!1!!11!RHUBARBPIESPAM !!!!1!1111!

/atmosphericspam
Old 10-09-2007, 08:54 AM   #6
Mossysox
C.H.E.E.S.E. Burgher

Thirteen votes to lynch|! ONOS!!! When there were 26 people playing!!!!! That's doubly unlucky! Possibly trebly! Aaaargh!!! Run for your lives, before Friday!!!!

Old 10-09-2007, 09:45 AM   #7
regeneratorizer
I thought I was special!

Vark was a rather odd choice. Meh, oh well.

CIRCUMFERENCE PIE!
Old 10-09-2007, 10:45 AM   #8
Mossysox
C.H.E.E.S.E. Burgher

And what a horrible way to go, too. Still, that's one rogue spammer we don't have to worry about.

Old 10-09-2007, 10:58 AM   #9
chaucer
Chaucertastic!

LOL. ROFLOL. I 4/\/\ 73h h4ck20R2!!!!!!!!!!!!11111!!!1!!!!!!!!223$4##4#$1#5 !34%$#53452^@
"I'm really looking forward to that date [12/21/12] so I can laugh at them when the world doesn't end." ~SpiderPumpkin
Old 10-09-2007, 11:19 AM   #10
WackieWatty
The Hard Hat, MWAHAHA!

Location: Doing a groovy dance at the Construction Site, Dumbopolis.
Send a message via MSN to WackieWatty

Gee whizz - that's one big pie you've got there!
Still, it is daytime, and we should be voting, not discussing pie!
Old 10-09-2007, 11:55 AM   #11
Justin
I don't know

Send a message via AIM to Justin Send a message via MSN to Justin

*chucks cheese*
Old 10-09-2007, 12:32 PM   #12
Julian
Is a ninja

Send a message via MSN to Julian

Wow! A lot has happened while I was gone. I'm going to be a bit busy, so I might not talk much, even though I do want to. I'll also try to be cautous with my vote, so that we won't lynch townies.
Old 10-09-2007, 01:50 PM   #13
chaucer
Chaucertastic!

LOL! I AM 73H 5934K I/\/ 73H 1337!!!!! UBERCOOLPIELOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!!!!111111 !!!22222ENTEREXCLAMATIONPOINTATSYMBOLSHIFTTWONE!

: !:

PIE!!!!
"I'm really looking forward to that date [12/21/12] so I can laugh at them when the world doesn't end." ~SpiderPumpkin

Last edited by Jamul; 10-09-2007 at 06:30 PM. Reason: TEHUBERMOREEDITSPAMLOLOLOLROFLOLOM!!!!!
Old 10-09-2007, 02:13 PM   #14
PlasmaCannonsRule
Exploder of Communist Penguins

I will edit me into me oblivion eriod:

Last edited by PlasmaCannonsRule; 10-09-2007 at 02:14 PM. Reason: OMGosh i Edited MUY Postie
Old 10-09-2007, 02:18 PM   #15
CheeseLord
No One Is Perfect

It will be a lot harder to determine the spammers with all of this excess spam. However, if you pay close attention to details, it might pay off.

Without loss of generality, assume I am a squirrel.

I'm not an actor, I just play one on TV.
Old 10-09-2007, 02:29 PM   #16
Roland
Lynched Day 3

Okay, I don't have much to say, since there isn't much to comment on, but I do have a pretty small and unfounded suspicion that I'd like to share with you...

Okay, 29 hours is a wild, random number. The sort of hours that doesn't follow a deadline. The sort of number which seems to me like the night ended when the last PM got sent to Hammered, maybe (she didn't specify a deadline either)? And since she's active an awful lot of the time, she'd be there to post pretty quickly, so if you were still active to PM, I reckon you'd still be online to see the post announcing day. The two people that replied relatively quickly were Coolguy and Wackiewatty. Coolguy is pretty punctual, making me think that he got in his PM earlier, and WW replied quicker, giving me a slight, unsubstantiated assumption that WW has a PM'ing role.

Of course, that means absolutely nothing, on the practical side of things. There's a good chance he isn't even a power role at all, and there's an even bigger chance that if he is, he isn't a mafia - Since the only PM'ing-to-the-host mafia is the Godfather (unless there are mafia power roles, which would raise those numbers significantly).

However, like Regen, I find it interesting that Vakarrus died. The only possibilities why the mafia would kill vakarrus would be...

1) Mafia Cop. This strikes me as a probable answer. Was it any coincidence that the person who died was a great threat to the town AND mafia? However, on the flip side of things, in a game as big as this, I don't think Vakarrus's individual win would finish the game. I think he'd just win and the game would go on. Did the mafia not realise this (or did they choose to play it safe?)? But I also find this likely, because in a game as big as this (I'll refer to that 'till the day I die!), it'd be fair to for the mafia to have at least SOME idea of what's going on, don't you think? (Oh, and this'd be one of those mafia power roles I talked about!)

2) An Inexperienced Godfather. This is kind of unlikely. However, there are a lot of new people, so one of them could have attained the Godfather position. Though, from all my games as a Mafia/Evil Clown/Anomaly, I know that there is a LOT of discussing about the kill each night. And since there are 6 or 7 mafia, then I doubt than none of them would talk it over about who would get spammerized for the night... Then again, the Godfather could have sent it in before they had a chance to talk about it (being inexperienced), or they might not have listened to his/her buddies. I suppose this is an interesting possibility.

3) The Mafia trying to look like they had a newbie as Godfather. This is rather out of the blue. I don't really know whether it'd be worth trying for the mafia, but it's a possibility.

...Well, that wasn't very useful, now was it? Well then, I'll be off to go destroy some spam in the Net of Inter! See ya!

Last edited by Roland; 10-09-2007 at 02:33 PM.
Old 10-09-2007, 03:21 PM   #17
Connor S.
RISE, MY MEAT PUPPETS!

Yeay! My first mafia game! I've decided to play it safe, just because theres no substantial evedince right now, so I'll hold my vote.
Old 10-09-2007, 03:49 PM   #18
Coolguy
Couch Potato

Alright, I finally have a chance to say a normal non-completely-spammy post! Not much important to say, though.

I can't think of any good reason the Mafia killed Varkarrus other than the GF-faking-idiocy thing (which is a pretty lame answer). Even if an MC inspected him, they wouldn't ever kill a Jester, since a Jester is TRYING to waste a town lynch (unless the Mafia thought for some stupid reason that he was on a 2nd spammer team, considering that CDL is a spammer). There's no way that a role like that could hurt the Mafia, so it's probably not an MC thing.

Roland, your assumption that GFs always discuss the kill with their minions is wrong. Godfathers in the past HAVE wasted their choices by not discussing with their minions. It happened in Superhero Mafia when Julian was the GF, and that was one of the main reasons the Mafia lost. However, that's probably unlikely, as this game's Mafia member ranks are probably ranked by skill (since Luck Mafia was ranked by skill)

And why do you think I have a PM, Roland? That seemed pretty out-of-the-blue.

Oh, and... erm...

Spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam Spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam Spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam.

/moreatmosphericspam

EDIT: Oh, yeah, almost none of you are in Invisible Mode- I suggest everybody goes and checks it (since for some reason my Invisible Mode was turned off during BM's game- It might've happened to some other people)

Last edited by Coolguy; 10-09-2007 at 04:06 PM.
Old 10-09-2007, 04:26 PM   #19
drgamer
Lynch: Drgamer

Onoes! The chipmunks are eating my BRAINS!!
The sky is ahsdofhaweoitphadf
and CHEESEBURGERS!

Old 10-09-2007, 05:13 PM   #20
Coolguy
Couch Potato

N0t gr4n73d. YOU A5PL0DE1!!11!

I wish pink.

(Alright, that's all the atmospheric spam I have to do for the day- Hooray!)