Name
Password Register
Latest Journal update: Oct 16, 2017

Go Back   Hamumu Forum > Games > Mafia & Forum Games

Old 11-05-2007, 08:16 PM   #1
chaucer
Chaucertastic!

Default Mafia Game 25: Magic Mafia!

Chaucer looked out onto a field. The dreaded Black Mages were coming to his peaceful village, and they didn't look like they were coming for tea. After getting people to join his elite team of magical warriors. So, here's the people who are playing:

Current members:
CheeseLord
Connor S.
Diginova
ElMikkino
Hammered
Jamul
Julian
Justin
Licking Post
Mossysox
PlasmaCannonsRule
Regeneratorizer
Roland
Ryuinfinity
Ufo-Man
Wesley

Replacement List:
SpaceManiac

It is Day 1! Discuss, and vote who you want to lynch off. There are sixteen players, so it's 9 votes to lynch.

Good luck, and have fun!
"I'm really looking forward to that date [12/21/12] so I can laugh at them when the world doesn't end." ~SpiderPumpkin
chaucer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 08:17 PM   #2
ElMikkino
Certified Bunnay Agent

Default Re: Mafia Game 25: Magic Mafia!

Yay, first post! I wanna start the first day off nice and easy, so, until someone else posts, VOTE: No Lynch!
Humility is the mark of a true warrior/cool person
ElMikkino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 08:18 PM   #3
chaucer
Chaucertastic!

Ah, yes, and No Lynch is not allowed.
"I'm really looking forward to that date [12/21/12] so I can laugh at them when the world doesn't end." ~SpiderPumpkin
Old 11-05-2007, 08:27 PM   #4
Connor S.
RISE, MY MEAT PUPPETS!

VOTE: JUSTIN! jking... I wouldn't do that. plus, I always bold my votes... anyways... lets dicuss! things! About who the Black mages are! What does everyone think?

Last edited by Connor S.; 11-05-2007 at 08:28 PM.
Connor S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 08:33 PM   #5
diginova
Dumb Person

Let's check:
Rolling 1d16 / Result: 10
Vote: Mossysox

Sorry, that's what the dice have decided.

In a magical main avenue free is available

Last edited by diginova; 11-05-2007 at 08:34 PM.
diginova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 08:33 PM   #6
Jamul
Marshmallow Head
The Boss

I'm not a big No Lynch fan. I mean, understandably, we're not gonna get good evidence today, so No Lynch might be the way to go (the odds of randomly smacking a Black Mage are slim indeed!). But hold your votes! Let's make sure we get at least some discussion in before we just throw away the advantage of having a day before the first night.

(I'm saying don't vote No Lynch yet, though it will probably be the right thing to vote - just wait until we've had a chance to do some discussing first!)

Remember, and I'm sure I will repeat this: the mafia want things to go fast! Townies, we need to take our sweet time thinking and looking at all the evidence.
Old 11-05-2007, 08:35 PM   #7
Jamul
Marshmallow Head
The Boss

Wow, Diginova posted while I was posting. He posted "I AM MAFIA" in code. This makes me firmly believe that he is..... a jester. Don't vote Diginova.

Or he's mind controlled? Either way, don't fall for that.
Old 11-05-2007, 08:44 PM   #8
chaucer
Chaucertastic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaucer View Post
Ah, yes, and No Lynch is NOT allowed.
There will not be any voting of No Lynch, as he is not playing in this game.
Old 11-05-2007, 08:46 PM   #9
Connor S.
RISE, MY MEAT PUPPETS!

I agree, no one vote for poor mossy sox.. diginova is supicous.

I also think we shouldn't no lynch yet, seeing as we're not even allowed to. Chaucer said no no lynching. (I think) but again- NO ONE VOTE MOSSY SOX! digi is behaving a lot like mafia, trying to quickly bandwagon on a townie before the other townies get their footing. voting this early is dangerous!

Last edited by Connor S.; 11-05-2007 at 08:47 PM.
Old 11-05-2007, 08:54 PM   #10
Jamul
Marshmallow Head
The Boss

Oh, oops. I totally saw that post saying IS allowed. Okay, well let's get some evidence rolling!
Old 11-05-2007, 08:57 PM   #11
Connor S.
RISE, MY MEAT PUPPETS!

The most supicous person, as I said above, would have t be digi. Its such mafia like behaviour in general... randomly voting. you using the die as an excuse to vote a townie! grrr.

the next most likely, probably a tie between me, jamul, and elmikkino, as we're the only others who posted.

and the least supcious, (I think) is mossy, just because the MOST suspicous person went after them. so yah.Thats what I think.
Old 11-05-2007, 09:04 PM   #12
Wesley
Walks on Lava, Drowns in Water

Magic Mafia has started! ...But I don't really have anything to say right now. It was strange that Digi voted Mossysox, but there's not enough evidence against him for a lynch. Though like Jamul said, it's also possible he's a Jester.
20:54:02 [Moltanem2000] Socrates was mortal, cats are mortal, thus socrates is a cat
20:54:12 [SpaceManiac] What sort of game would you want to play that has "Health and Welfare" as its topic
20:54:28 [Redbone] AN FPS PLS
Wesley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 09:17 PM   #13
Ufo-Man
Red is MAH color!

Good point.... But can we know what Roles are there? And this should be moved to Non-Hamumu Games

Ufo-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 09:38 PM   #14
diginova
Dumb Person

It's 9 votes to lynch. One random vote doesn't mean anything, especially with no discussion like this. And don't read too deep into the "code"... I wasn't actually roleclaiming anything. It's just like people claiming townie day 0.

Fine, if you're really so anti-random vote, I'll just unvote.

Last edited by diginova; 11-05-2007 at 09:39 PM.
Old 11-05-2007, 10:04 PM   #15
Roland
Lynched Day 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamul View Post
Wow, Diginova posted while I was posting. He posted "I AM MAFIA" in code. This makes me firmly believe that he is..... a jester. Don't vote Diginova.

Or he's mind controlled? Either way, don't fall for that.
This could just be paranoia, or insanity, or both, but this whole post reeks of un-Jamul-ness! The one proceeding this was fine, though.

I am am not a big fan of mind-control conspiracies and whatnot, because it's not usually the answer. Though, with this theme of a game, I can imagine a dark wizard/magician power being one of mind control. However, since I still think mind-control theories are convoluted, could it be possible that Jamul is mafia? Acting different might not be a sign of control, rather one of different of align-ness (considering his previous three games have been as a townie).

Of course, Occam's Razor point 6 and a half fingers at the chance that this is all subconsciously brought up in my own head. Bai!

EDIT: In the chat, Diginova said that once his role PM was received, he realised this game was broken. I will ponder this greatly. And Diginova's been claiming on the chat that he's a mafia as well. I will ponder this as well...

Last edited by Roland; 11-12-2007 at 01:30 AM. Reason: Hah! Ancient edit!
Roland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 10:26 PM   #16
Jamul
Marshmallow Head
The Boss

Yes, Roland, that his definitely your own mind going nuts. I don't think mind control is at all likely (I added it because it was another possible explanation for someone saying "I AM MAFIA" in code) - he sounds exactly like Diginova to me. However, I do think Jester is entirely plausible, or some other role that would like to be lynched for whatever reason (maybe a role where he turns mafia if lynched, and he wants to do that for the fun of it - would that be something where he might say "this role proves the game is broken"?).

He could be mafia, of course, but the important thing to take away from his post is that it was openly, blatantly, intentionally strange and suspicious. That to me says he wants people to lynch him. Was it a double-(triple-reverse-and-a-half)-bluff? I guess it could be. My suspicion is no. And if what Roland says is true, that digi called the game broken on the basis of his role, we can assume his role is something quite offbeat.

I find that in most mafia games, the first lynch is based on "boy, he's acting weird, get him!", and 99% of the time that's a townie who just happens to have done something weird. I am looking for the people who are being sneaky and subtle, not the ones who are flailing multicolored pompoms around. I'm going to be more interested in lynching a lurker than someone who is boldly asking for a lynch.

For now, nobody is on my list. Roland is his usual hyperparanoid self, other people are talking about how strange digi acted, and digi is acting too suspicious to be suspicious. After some more time has passed, we'll see who's lurking - those are my targets.
Old 11-05-2007, 10:29 PM   #17
regeneratorizer
I thought I was special!

I don't think Digi could be mind controlled.. don't you need to activate these powers in the night? It hasn't been night yet, unless I'm missing something.

Anyways, I'm glad the No-Lynch is gone, because like Jamul, I have never been a big fan of it.
Old 11-05-2007, 10:32 PM   #18
Roland
Lynched Day 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamul View Post
Yes, Roland, that his definitely your own mind going nuts. I don't think mind control is at all likely (I added it because it was another possible explanation for someone saying "I AM MAFIA" in code) - he sounds exactly like Diginova to me. However, I do think Jester is entirely plausible, or some other role that would like to be lynched for whatever reason (maybe a role where he turns mafia if lynched, and he wants to do that for the fun of it - would that be something where he might say "this role proves the game is broken"?).

He could be mafia, of course, but the important thing to take away from his post is that it was openly, blatantly, intentionally strange and suspicious. That to me says he wants people to lynch him. Was it a double-(triple-reverse-and-a-half)-bluff? I guess it could be. My suspicion is no. And if what Roland says is true, that digi called the game broken on the basis of his role, we can assume his role is something quite offbeat.

I find that in most mafia games, the first lynch is based on "boy, he's acting weird, get him!", and 99% of the time that's a townie who just happens to have done something weird. I am looking for the people who are being sneaky and subtle, not the ones who are flailing multicolored pompoms around. I'm going to be more interested in lynching a lurker than someone who is boldly asking for a lynch.

For now, nobody is on my list. Roland is his usual hyperparanoid self, other people are talking about how strange digi acted, and digi is acting too suspicious to be suspicious. After some more time has passed, we'll see who's lurking - those are my targets.
I had a good laugh reading this... The bits about me, of course - I agree with the bits about the lurkers.

EDIT: Why aren't you on the chat? If you are truly on the forum...

Last edited by Roland; 11-05-2007 at 10:35 PM.
Roland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 10:34 PM   #19
Justin
I don't know

Send a message via AIM to Justin Send a message via MSN to Justin

Yay for no No-Lynching.
Old 11-05-2007, 10:35 PM   #20
diginova
Dumb Person

It's not solely based on my role. It's a combination of the host, my role, and my experience.

New ovoid magic and freedom is a hoax even regarding elves.

Last edited by diginova; 11-05-2007 at 10:37 PM.